If he gives 100% on the pitch then I have no issue, always seems to play well against us no matter who he was playing for, and if he does well we could well have a decent freebie when his contract is up at the end of the season
12:13, Thu 9 Aug
bluesbot
If he gives 100% on the pitch then I have no issue, always seems to play well against us no matter who he was playing for, and if he does well we could well have a decent freebie when his contract is up at the end of the season

1000% This.
12:14, Thu 9 Aug
adamneaves
bignikzig
LH_4
Regardless of his ability, I can't get on board with a DVB in the heart of our midfield.

A bloke who scored infront of the Tilton and ran the entire length of the pitch to celebrate with the squealing Villa muppets.

His Twitter picture is that goal. His Twitter header is that goal.

F*ck him.

This x10000. F*ck Gary Gardner. DVB not welcome.

With all respect, you'll still think the same if he scores the winner this Saturday against Boro?.....

Yeah I will to be honest. That goal, in that game, was sacrilege to be honest. And he revelled in it. He'd have to do a lot more than score in a largely meaningless game against Boro to flip my opinion on him. Maybe if he did a Tait esque celebration I'd start warming...
12:14, Thu 9 Aug
bluesbot

Agreed. Hilarious reading all the comments from the snowflakes on here.

He would be a good signing for us in our circumstances, just like Bogle.

FWIW I don't think we will sign him anyway
12:16, Thu 9 Aug
Theyre talking like its a done deal

[www.dailymail.co.uk]
12:16, Thu 9 Aug
Been at the club since 7 yeh he supports them and that goal was probably the one that meant the most to him in his career, heaven forbid he enjoys it. I don’t care who he supports, gone are the days where we have local lads all noses in the team, we accepted marlon king did we not? And I think that was far worse than supporting a team down the road. I’m sure he will give his all being a professional who gets paid too, I’m sure he will celebrate also when he scores for us. This is football, not a soap opera
12:17, Thu 9 Aug
bluesbot

Dead on.
12:19, Thu 9 Aug
My missus is better than N'Doye ! at football anyway !
12:19, Thu 9 Aug
Absolutely.

He may not be the creative player we long for, but we need a replacement for Davis as a top priority. Our creativity comes from out wide and the full backs, plus the two up front so if he is hard worker, reliable, experienced and mobile that will do for now.
Wigan Pier.
12:21, Thu 9 Aug
Yep. I hope we get this one sealed, we are so weak in CM I think this is one we need to get done.
12:21, Thu 9 Aug
... and something else. Loving the Blues is always more important than any animosity we feel for the Villa.
Wigan Pier.
12:38, Thu 9 Aug
I'm not sure he's the answer to our midfield issues.

He looked like a very promising player a few years back but I think injuries have ruined his development.
12:45, Thu 9 Aug
Deckchair
I'm not sure he's the answer to our midfield issues.

He looked like a very promising player a few years back but I think injuries have ruined his development.

Sadly, we can't splash the cash on the answer in midfield

Gardner is better than what we have
12:55, Thu 9 Aug
Tbh I wasn't really expecting us to bring anyone in today, let alone a midfielder, so if Gardner comes in then i wish him luck and hope he proves to be a shrewd signing, pissing off Villa fans in the process. They'll hate it if he does well for us and scores some goals, so feck em.
@LeMod1875
12:57, Thu 9 Aug
This, we can't exactly be choosy in our situation and he may be the best but he has got good experience, comparatively.
13:02, Thu 9 Aug
Hes just arrived at wast hills...
13:04, Thu 9 Aug
Unless he has a stonker of a season for us I don't think this will end well.

Looks to me like this is going to be a long season. There will no doubt be plenty of games that we are going to be struggling in this season. When that happens Blues fans tend to single someone out. You know that even if he's having a decent game the Villa fan will be the one that gets the stick.

I doubt there's anyone still out there who thinks we have any chance of going up. So with this FFP hanging over us why pay what I would guess would be sizeable wages. I'd rather stick one of the kids in there and develop our own.
13:09, Thu 9 Aug
I suppose this means the Da Silva deal is dead in the water
13:14, Thu 9 Aug
brierleyblue
Unless he has a stonker of a season for us I don't think this will end well.

Looks to me like this is going to be a long season. There will no doubt be plenty of games that we are going to be struggling in this season. When that happens Blues fans tend to single someone out. You know that even if he's having a decent game the Villa fan will be the one that gets the stick.

I doubt there's anyone still out there who thinks we have any chance of going up. So with this FFP hanging over us why pay what I would guess would be sizeable wages. I'd rather stick one of the kids in there and develop our own.

At the end of the day, it will be a long season for us, as you said.

Gary Gardner is an experienced Chamionship midfielder and is still young.

He may not be the best quality midfielder we would all love to see but what can we expect really?

I was pleasantly surprised with the link to him to be honest. I thought we may end up with an old clogger of the Brian Howard variety.

If he signs, get behind him and the club for the rest of the season. They're going to need us