Re: Gary Gardner

13:15, Thu 9 Aug
People didn’t moan like this in the 1980s when we were struggling and taking personnel from vile regularly. We look back fondly at the hard team built by former vile boss Ron Saunders. Noel Blake and Robert Hopkins were / still are idolised despite coming from B6. We also had a very decent professional contribution from Des Bremner and a few short term additions like Tony Morley and Frank Carrodus. Only Denis Mortimer and Ivor Linton proved to be real disappointments. There were others too who came from that lot.

The point is, we all despise the vile (apart from Sir H and lentini), but we do have a history of rescuing players from that shit tip and giving them our support when they wear our colours. That’s how it should be.
13:23, Thu 9 Aug
Agree if he stays injury free he's better than anyone I expected to be incoming.Needs must, at the moment.He'll also know he's going to have to win a lot of people over.
13:41, Thu 9 Aug
brierleyblue
Unless he has a stonker of a season for us I don't think this will end well.

Looks to me like this is going to be a long season. There will no doubt be plenty of games that we are going to be struggling in this season. When that happens Blues fans tend to single someone out. You know that even if he's having a decent game the Villa fan will be the one that gets the stick.

I doubt there's anyone still out there who thinks we have any chance of going up. So with this FFP hanging over us why pay what I would guess would be sizeable wages. I'd rather stick one of the kids in there and develop our own.

Going up? Are you mad?

We're in a relegation battle.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
13:44, Thu 9 Aug
Benjamin Netan@Yahoo.com
I suppose this means the Da Silva deal is dead in the water

I reckon that's still a goer but will happen later in the month.

Considering we can't pay a fee I suppose all of these can be recalled during the season?
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
14:08, Thu 9 Aug
Squatnose
People didn’t moan like this in the 1980s when we were struggling and taking personnel from vile regularly. We look back fondly at the hard team built by former vile boss Ron Saunders. Noel Blake and Robert Hopkins were / still are idolised despite coming from B6. We also had a very decent professional contribution from Des Bremner and a few short term additions like Tony Morley and Frank Carrodus. Only Denis Mortimer and Ivor Linton proved to be real disappointments. There were others too who came from that lot.

The point is, we all despise the vile (apart from Sir H and lentini), but we do have a history of rescuing players from that shit tip and giving them our support when they wear our colours. That’s how it should be.

A good post and the best so far in helping me come to terms with this signing which does rather stick in the craw somewhat.

All this raises another question in my mind (and yes I know this is going over rather boring old ground again)but if we can deal with this why have so many on here poured such scorn on Rowett for one newspaper article indicating he may have supported Vile when he was 3 years old? It clearly is the reason many despise him and use as an excuse for enjoying the fact we sacked him (I dont buy the boring style of football excuse)rather than celebrate how well he did and was (to me at least)one of the worst of all the recent poor decisions at the club. A decision that set us on the road to the poor position we find ourselves in today and has put our continuing development as a club back years despite the fact that we actually now have some money to spend (and indeed have spent a few quid already?)

Just asking loike.
14:08, Thu 9 Aug
This is awful.

So presumably he would have to sit out during the matches against villa..

We are signing a player that wants us to lose when we play against his parent club.
Re that goal and celebration, it was a very charged game, great atmosphere and probably the biggest game he's played in. It was OTT but understandable given the emotional intensity. I can't forgive but I can forget.

If you're against this you just need to watch the Norwich equaliser on Saturday again and the amount of space 2/3 of our first team CMs surrendered. If he gives 100% he can improve us. If he doesn't then feck him. We can't afford to be picky atm, it's a long old season with NDoye and Kief chasing shadows and no competition for their place.
14:11, Thu 9 Aug
Anyone seen the video of him and craig on way to training in the range?

They both look excited by it which can only help team spirit ect.

I am more looking forward to this season now than I was a few days ago anyway
He’s got a strange shaped head like his brother. Whatever will be will be.
14:16, Thu 9 Aug
Where is this?
14:17, Thu 9 Aug
Wor Craigy's Instagram
@LeMod1875
TaylorJay84
Been at the club since 7 yeh he supports them and that goal was probably the one that meant the most to him in his career, heaven forbid he enjoys it. I don’t care who he supports, gone are the days where we have local lads all noses in the team, we accepted marlon king did we not? And I think that was far worse than supporting a team down the road. I’m sure he will give his all being a professional who gets paid too, I’m sure he will celebrate also when he scores for us. This is football, not a soap opera

Just don't play him for the v*lla game. ;-)
14:21, Thu 9 Aug
We wont be in a relegation battle.

Better manager and some decent youngsters coming through.

We have enough cover everywhere on the pitch and if the two keepers don't go one of them will be re-integrated back into the team in my opinion.
14:22, Thu 9 Aug
I'd have Carrodus on the crap pile as well, he was bloody awful for us.

My feelings on Mortimer are well known, but in case anybody missed them he was and is a fanny.

Coton was at villa before us as well.
14:24, Thu 9 Aug
They don't look the brightest do they.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
14:26, Thu 9 Aug
This would be an utterly disgusting signing.

He's a Viler.
He's crap.
He's only on loan anyway.

I'd rather we blooded the likes of Lakin then sign a Viler scumbag so he's primed and ready to go back to them with game time under his belt. This reeks.

Ridgewell and Phillips were acceptable. They were permanent signings and they weren't Vile fans.

This is awful.
Dong Ren Out.
14:26, Thu 9 Aug
Looking at the nonsense on here, we might as well just get relegated today.

Save everybody the bother.
Stocks in my throat too, him being a thoroughgoing Viler, but needs must and I'd rather have him than Cheik N'doye in midfield.
If he doesn't perform, rip into him but don't jeopardise our season by blindly hating him.
14:50, Thu 9 Aug
He’s awful. Doesn’t have one noticeable attribute.

Although, we’re really not developing him for Vile. He’s 26 and won’t be going back at the end of the season.

He was at Barnsley last year...