If NDoye was that good, would he have sat on the bench at the World Cup?

I think people are missing the point here, I like NDoye's passion and I'm sure he wants to do well for the Blues but let's face facts, he is not good enough. How many games has he started under Monk?

The point I'm making is we are desperate for centre mids especially with Davis injured and we've signed one!
21:43, Thu 9 Aug
Good luck and welcome Gary!!
Let's hope that you and your brother can make us chuckle.
21:54, Thu 9 Aug
Doesn't matter where he is from as long as he does the business for us.Gill Merrick was a vile fan and loved our club.I like to think we are proper people/fans unlike the majority of deluded vilers.Hes has shown some balls to be fair,good luck Gary Gardner and kro.
fairkop
Ron Wylie and Stan Lynn both played for Vile before us and both of them became much admired and respected by Blues fans . Malcolm Beard and Geoff Vowden went the other way and to be honest I cant remember the 12 toes making this sort of fuss .

Well said, FK. Isaac Vassell supports that other lot, but I don’t give a damn (& he’s also a great bloke). I don’t care who players are said to support, most of them don’t have strong affiliations like we do - as they can’t watch many games as a fan, during their playing career. They generally support whichever team they are playing for. And so they should.

Given the constraints on us, it’s probably not a bad acquisition. At least we’ve signed a CM - which was a priority for many of us but not for GM. Gary has never achieved his big potential. This is his chance. I also think there’s probably a synergy in two brothers playing together. They will know one another’s strengths & weaknesses like no others, and brotherly competition can be high motivation.
22:18, Thu 9 Aug
I'm one of those that need to get a grip I'm afraid.

I'd much rather we blooded one of our own babbies, that's me and how I see it.

There was a time when we signed good players from them, I loved Des Bremner for instance, this bloke is just another journeyman like his BrotherIMHO.

👎
The last white Taxi Man in all of England :-(

UP THE BLUES !.

[www.7is7.com].
22:36, Thu 9 Aug
I agree with you, Sweep, I’d rather we bring on one of our own U23 players, but we need the time and flexibility to do that. If one of our U23s shows enough form, then GM will give them their chance, He’s shown evidence of that.

In the meantime, GG is a player who has the capability to make a real impact, if he can get anywhere near the potential he showed a few years ago, before his bad knee injury.
23:04, Thu 9 Aug
Gary Gardner he hates Blues
He hates Blues
He hates Blues
Gary Gardner he hates Blues
He loves Villa

That’s that sorted 👍🏻
23:09, Thu 9 Aug
I agree with you, Sweep, I’d rather we bring on one of our own U23 players, but we need the time and flexibility to do that. If one of our U23s shows enough form, then GM will give them their chance, He’s shown evidence of that.

In the meantime, GG is a player who has the capability to make a real impact, if he can get anywhere near the potential he showed a few years ago, before his bad knee injury.

Yeah, bring the kids on (I'm excited to see this Lakin make an impact) but it will help to have options to reduce the mental and physical pressure that would go with us completely and utterly depending on them. I'm perfectly happy with this signing; even more so, given where we are (lest we forget).
23:41, Thu 9 Aug
Wise words, DB.
I love to watch our own young players develop. I’ve been able to do that at BCLFC but not so much at BCFC. Until now. I think GM is on the same page as us, and is going out of his way to give opportunities to our younger players.
03:54, Fri 10 Aug
Yep agreed, it'd be great if Lakin plays next game and is that good, GG never gets a sniff at the club.
Meanwhile, if that miracle doesn't occur, we've got a fairly experienced cm who seems desperate to resurrect his career.
It's all about us.
NotFitTo​LaceDeanPeersBoots
Good luck to him. Interesting see 2 brother playing together side by side for us. Saw Dave and Bob Latchford play for us together, but first time I have seen 2 brothers as outfield players for Blues
What about the Francis twins, Kevin and Trevor ?
07:05, Fri 10 Aug
The same Gary Gardner who took the rise at the Tilton when Barnsley beat us "certain hand movement " to the crowd poor player what joke !
Would the certain hand movement be in response to getting abuse? Can we not take it as well as give it then? He's a player that adds to the squad which is paper thin. It's very easy for us to say 'give our kids a chance' and Monk will - if they're good enough. But the kids and Monk will bear the brunt of it if they're not up to scratch, not internet posters who say 'give the kids a chance' without bearing any of the responsibility if it goes wrong. It's the judgement of the bloke that sees them every day that we need an experienced reinforcement, under embargo restrictions.

If that's a bloke that supports the Villa and is happy to come and play for us, fine.
The belle of St Trillions
davenports
NotFitTo​LaceDeanPeersBoots
Good luck to him. Interesting see 2 brother playing together side by side for us. Saw Dave and Bob Latchford play for us together, but first time I have seen 2 brothers as outfield players for Blues
What about the Francis twins, Kevin and Trevor ?

And the Johnson brothers Andy, Damien and Michael.
07:33, Fri 10 Aug
Not forgetting the Blake boys Noel and Robbie, hard pressed to tell them apart.
07:42, Fri 10 Aug
Seen some embarrassing shit on here and Twitter about this. He’s a Blues player now. Get behind him ffs
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
I seem to remember David Davis getting some low boos when his name was read out on the team sheet for his debut.

I'm sure Gardner will be a professional and put the effort in.

This signing gives us 4 fit senior centre mids plus room for a young player. This does not freeze out Lakin but rather provides the chance for him to be dipped in and out of the squad as well as giving us the opportunity to play 3 cm if monk ever wants to mix things up.
Obviously I know a lot of it is geared to try and brown nose BUT

Gary has posted on Instagram a pic in full blues gear saying how buzzin he is cant wait and Keep Right On 🔵

He has replaced his 'footballer for aston villa' to 'on loan at Birmingham city everything happens for a reason'

Looking through the comments villa fans are screwing looks as if he has burnt his bridges there.

Now I know there has been a lot said about who they support but is it possible they are just a footballing family and follow their careers rather than a club..

I think I read his goal against us was his first for the scum so cant blame him for over celebrating really.

Should we give him a chance???
09:15, Fri 10 Aug
Ill be backing him while he wears the shirt.