20:29, Thu 9 Aug
Ribeye
Bcfc1967
Well we have Camp who was at Sunderland last season (relegated), Gardner who was at Barnsley (relegated) but can’t see who we’ve signed from Burton.

Lloyd Dyer.

He’d probably still score against us.
20:36, Thu 9 Aug
This must also be disheartening for the likes of Lakin.

Seeing a die-hard Viler come in in front of you. A die-hard Viler who has yet to show that he can maintain fitness over a 46 game + season. A die-hard Viler who probably has no plans to stay long term and tough it out like you would.

Must be a real blow for young Bluenoses in the U23s who have big dreams for this season and would kill for a spot in the team.

Monks got this very wrong.

bluenoses?
20:36, Thu 9 Aug
It's a long season and we need strenthening in midfield, if he is more Des Bremner abd David Geddis than Bryan Small and Ivor Linton then I will back him whilst he is in our shirt.
21:11, Thu 9 Aug
Agreed with this.
I prefer us to have more options than less
Just coz he’s here doesn’t mean he’s an automatic starter so all our mdfielders have to compete to show the boss why he should pick them.

I’ve seen him highly rated but injury prone meaning a career that has never reslly lifted off.
Hope the lad does well for us for his & our sakes
21:18, Thu 9 Aug
It’s a crap signing , people are saying we’ve had players from the vile before and that’s true and not a problem, the problem is he supports them not just plays for them the DVB

Yet you and others on here are ok with Trueman playing for us?
21:22, Thu 9 Aug
If Trueman had actually played for villa and ran 100 yards to celebrate a goal against us that might be a relevant argument.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
21:27, Thu 9 Aug
He's a villa fan though. As for Gardner celebrating a goal and some on here taking umbrage over it, it's pretty pathetic, tbf. He was celebrating scoring a goal for his side, he didn't take the piss out of us - our own do though, eh Troy? yet he'd be welcomed 'back' like a hero.

He's a pro footballer and if he isn't giving it 100% for us Monk will soon suss it.
fairkop
...and to be honest I cant remember the 12 toes making this sort of fuss .

But remember... it's only about half a dozen BCFC internet warriors making the fuss...

Welcome Gary...
21:38, Thu 9 Aug
Trueman has at least grown up with us. But ideally no, I'd rather he wasn't one of them.

I'm not a huge Deeney fan either, but at least he has given it in front of the holte.

Personally I can't be doing with signing a bang average player on loan from our rivals who supports them and is only coming here because he had nowhere else to go. We are also helping them out taking his wages on. Have we really not got a kid of our own or any other option we could take?

If he turns out to be Mark Ward reincarnated then fair enough. But lets be honest, that won't happen.

I see we've already got Tatts bullshitting on Twitter that he's really a Blues fan. Sad times.
Thongs
21:39, Thu 9 Aug
DB
DB
Anybody happy with this signing wants their head testing. This is a complete disgrace from any point of view I look at it. One more example of our owners not having a fecking clue about this club.

It's very 'small time small heath', isn't it?

People thrilled with us loaning a Vile player who is also a Vile fan. Bizarre. This is low, even for us.
Dong Ren Out.
21:43, Thu 9 Aug
Remember Kevin Phillips scored for vile against us in 2005 but went on to do very well for us. David Geddis scored for vile against us in 1980 and he played a significant role in our promotion season in 1984-85. Brian Little scored for them against us in 1975 and a few years later was on the verge of joining us. But for a failed medical, he’d almost certainly have proved a popular signing.

Also, let’s not forget Robert Hopkins celebrating his winner for Albion against us with a handstand in front of the Tilton End. The point is, professional footballers will try to win games for the club that employs them. When that employer changes, they’ll try to win for their new club. So long as we see that endeavour and commitment from Gardner, his past will soon be forgotten.
21:49, Thu 9 Aug
Some Blues 'fans' on Twitter need to take a long hard look at themselves, it's embarassing.

He's an improvement on what we've got (NDoye) and will have a point to prove considering how many loans he's had in his career.

We haven't got a pot to piss in and if we can apaprently only offer wages of £11.5k a week, who are people expecting? Modric?

As long as he gives 100% for the club then who cares who he supports.

Up the Blues.
22:01, Thu 9 Aug
Blue and White Army
Some Blues 'fans' on Twitter need to take a long hard look at themselves, it's embarassing.

He's an improvement on what we've got (NDoye)

Slates Blues fans for singling out a player... Singles out a player. Bravo.
22:02, Thu 9 Aug
Let's all sing,
Gary Gardner is a blue but he loves villa!!
22:03, Thu 9 Aug
I'm not singling out NDoye, I'm just saying that GG is better than him and his brother.
Blue and White Army
I'm not singling out NDoye, I'm just saying that GG is better than him and his brother.
You're not singling out one, but two.
😆
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Is Gary Gardner better than NDoye? Yes or no?
22:24, Thu 9 Aug
How many World Cup appearances does Gardner have?
Thongs
Are you singling out N'doye.
Yes or No? 😎
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
22:33, Thu 9 Aug
Kristoff
Blue and White Army

He's an improvement on what we've got (NDoye)

Slates Blues fans for singling out a player... Singles out a player. Bravo.

This.
Dong Ren Out.