17:38, Thu 9 Aug
On paper our 2017 loan signings appear to be much better than the 2018 group,
but I have a feeling that this year's intake will have a greater impact.

Carl Jenkinson
Cohen Bramall
Sam Gallagher
Liam Walsh
Jeramoie Boga

Gary Gardner
Omar Bogle
Connor Mahoney
Lee Camp

What do you all reckon?
17:40, Thu 9 Aug
The key is who is coaching them, and setting them up tactically

part time 'Arry and his mates from the 80's, or Gaz
17:53, Thu 9 Aug
On paper the 2017 is probably stronger but this lot are much more useful to us and the manager:

Carl Jenkinson - Big gamble on fitness that unfortunately didn't pay off.
Cohen Bramall - Was always going to be a wildcard and was a good example of why GR said he insists on only loaning players with a view to a permenant deal
Sam Gallagher - Good record in this league from the season before and was a good bit of business ultimately.
Liam Walsh - Again like Bramall
Jeramoie Boga - Very good technical player but he just didn't fit into the team

Gary Gardner - We're crying out for another CM
Omar Bogle - Decent record in this league and acts as good cover for Juke
Connor Mahoney - Typical winger which we need as cover
Lee Camp - Generic Championship keeper which we've forced ourselves into needing.

As you said the 2017 players were better players like for like but these four complement GM's squad much better. I hope anyway...
18:07, Thu 9 Aug
Colonia

Carl Jenkinson
Cohen Bramall
Sam Gallagher
Liam Walsh
Jeramoie Boga

Gary Gardner
Omar Bogle
Connor Mahoney
Lee Camp

What do you all reckon?
Lee Camp is a permanent signing.
18:13, Thu 9 Aug
Colonia

Carl Jenkinson On treatment table Crap!
Cohen Bramall Fighting with fatty stockdale Crap!
Sam Gallagher Worst left winger I’ve ever seen!
Liam Walsh Who?
Jeramoie Boga. One good goal waste money

Gary Gardner. Will be steady if not amazing
Omar Bogle. Reckon he will get half a dozen goals
Connor Mahoney who knows I don’t
Lee Camp. I’m praying

What do you all reckon?
18:21, Thu 9 Aug
In the 2017 loan signings
1.) Boga- had ability to drift past players like they wasn't their but no end product
2.) Gallagher- wasted on the wing and SC didn't set up attack minded enough to create him lots of goalscoring opportunities.
3.) Brammall- barely played
4.) As above
5.) Appeared to pass the ball well in the 15 minutes he played for us then got sent back.

1.) Omar Bogle- I think he won't score many and will be bombed out when Isaac Vassell is back.
2.) Gardner- pushes Ndoye down the pecking order good news
3.) Mahoney- don't know anything about him
18:24, Thu 9 Aug
Bluesw77
Colonia

Carl Jenkinson
Cohen Bramall
Sam Gallagher
Liam Walsh
Jeramoie Boga

Gary Gardner
Omar Bogle
Connor Mahoney
Lee Camp

What do you all reckon?
Lee Camp is a permanent signing.

Oh shit, yeah. He's a free transfer - almost the same thing. :-)
18:25, Thu 9 Aug
Pigeon

This.

At the moment, I trust Monk to make the best out of what we have, which I haven't felt with the last 3 managers
OK, so its not been ideal the way that the transfer window has panned out but are we really that much worse off than this time last season?

Stockdale v Camp

Stockdale has made his fair share of mistakes during the last year and I don't actually think Camp is as bad as everyone is making out. Truman is in there an has done OK pre-season and in the first game. Stockdale is the better keeper out of the 3 and I really think either him or TK need to come back

Brammal v Pedersen

Not even worth commenting on! Seen enough already to know Brammal is much worse!

Jenkinson v Harding

Not a new signing but Harding was superb when he came in to the senior squad at the back end of last season so as back up for Colin or to come in if Colin is used on the left I think Harding is the better player.

Gardner v Liam Walsh

Seasoned professional or a young lad with no experience? I think Gardner is decent for our level at the moment and better than Walsh who only made 4 appearances at Bristol after he left us. Also think he is better than what we currently have.

Boga v Mahoney

Hadn't heard of either before they came to us in honesty. Boga had plenty of skill and pace but very little end product. Can't really compare but don't see how Mahoney can offer less. Wait and see on this one and think he will be more back up than starter.

Bogle v Gallagher

6 goals to beat for Bogle. He's quick and athletic but blows hot and cold, pretty much like Gallagher in fairness.

In addition to this, we have come out of the transfer window with every player that we signed last season apart from Lowe and shipped out some of the dead wood at the very least on loan.

I think the squad is actually a little stronger than last season myself and we have a much better management team. It would be some achievement if we challenge the top 6 but mid table would be good for me based on 3 out of the last 5 seasons.

Not what we all wanted but maybe its what we need to get out of the mess the owners have made.
19:10, Thu 9 Aug
Interesting thread. If we could bring in another solid, reliable, tough midfield player on loan that would be useful. (the dream of a passing player is over).
Wigan Pier.
19:12, Thu 9 Aug
I hate to think what 2019’s loans will be....
Last years panic loans from Arry were even more woeful than the permanents .Apart from Gallagher who was just OK (for an inordinate sum) they were to a man useless .
I expect to see much more from the cheapies from Monk who doesn't need to be seen spending huge wads of someone elses cash
19:14, Thu 9 Aug
I think all our loan signings last season bombed massively, Jenkinson was a huge let down after his injury, Brammel/Walsh a waste of time, Boga who I thought was our best signing was woeful once he beat his first man and Gallagher no matter how poor the team was, should’ve scored more.
I think our loan signings might actually do better this season, as they’ve joined a more settled team with our signings last season. For me, Stockdale shouldn’t of got bombed, this could be our biggest issue.
I expect Colin, Dean and Jota to have big seasons for us and repay us for the money we spent on the 3.
The Davis injury is a massive blow, step up Gary Gardner as he’s probably the best passer of the ball we have now, Craig hasn’t cut it for me since he joined.
Che, really needs to add goals to his game, hopefully with Juke doing all the work it’ll give him more time to be the threat.
Vassell is my wild card, we saw in the short time how raw this guy is, until then Bogle can force himself into our starting 11 and I hope he does so well Vassell takes a while to get into the team.

My expectation has lowered in the last 3 weeks, we’ve got enough to stay up if Monk can remain motivated despite off field problems and we don’t lose key players in succession.

Keep Right On lads, we got a long season ahead.
20:42, Thu 9 Aug

Harry wouldn’t have been as big a shit show as the bloke that followed him

However, I’m a bit gutted Gallagher didn’t get the chance to benefit from Monk, Pep and more importantly, Beattie.

With that, IMO he would be absolutely perfect for us at the moment, especially with Bogle
@Bluewurst1875
I think all our loan signings last season bombed massively, Jenkinson was a huge let down after his injury, Brammel/Walsh a waste of time, Boga who I thought was our best signing was woeful once he beat his first man and Gallagher no matter how poor the team was, should’ve scored more.
I think our loan signings might actually do better this season, as they’ve joined a more settled team with our signings last season. For me, Stockdale shouldn’t of got bombed, this could be our biggest issue.
I expect Colin, Dean and Jota to have big seasons for us and repay us for the money we spent on the 3.
The Davis injury is a massive blow, step up Gary Gardner as he’s probably the best passer of the ball we have now, Craig hasn’t cut it for me since he joined.
Che, really needs to add goals to his game, hopefully with Juke doing all the work it’ll give him more time to be the threat.
Vassell is my wild card, we saw in the short time how raw this guy is, until then Bogle can force himself into our starting 11 and I hope he does so well Vassell takes a while to get into the team.

My expectation has lowered in the last 3 weeks, we’ve got enough to stay up if Monk can remain motivated despite off field problems and we don’t lose key players in succession.

Interesting that your expectations have changed, I feel exactly the same. I'd take 4th from bottom now if it was offered. We always seem to get a lot of injuries and this season it could be catastrophic. Few weeks ago I thought we may get a season where we didn't have to bite our nails.
21:43, Thu 9 Aug
After the Fulham game, I thought maybe spend 5/6 million, more if we can get a decent striker in and offload the deadwood with maybe one or two decent loans and with that I did think top 13 wasn’t a far reach. Now it’s a game at a time and like you said, I’d take safety now with this embargo and this new bomb squad situation.
JPMckeown90

When you say that Stockdale shouldn't have been bombed - how do you know? I'm guessing that Monk has seen something that he doesn't like (not just a gut) and is doing the right thing for the squad. In fairness, I don't know either, but Monk won't have done that without a good reason.
The belle of St Trillions
09:18, Fri 10 Aug
I'd try and get Bettinelli in on loan from Fulham, worth a punt.
09:33, Fri 10 Aug
12:48, Fri 10 Aug
Lee_C

Yeah I think Button is their new number 1 isn't he?
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
Silly Xuandong Ren
Lee_C

Yeah I think Button is their new number 1 isn't he?

They signed a keeper yesterday - Sergio Rico

Button's at Brighton now
Sorry I'd forgotten that, knew I read his name somewhere recently.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
13:08, Fri 10 Aug
they've just signed two keepers in the transfer window, Bettinelli will be 3rd choice.
13:18, Fri 10 Aug
You'd have to assume he'd be out of our price range.

Saying that, I do think Camp has been brought in as an experienced back up. I reckon we'll go and get another keeper.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
00:37, Sat 11 Aug
Lee_C
they've just signed two keepers in the transfer window, Bettinelli will be 3rd choice.

Yep.

Bettinelli is a great shout.