10:16, Fri 10 Aug
Nath
You can just say you dont know, theres no shame in that

It's not a case of knowing or not knowing - it's wholly dependent on how fast Blues act to change things.

That's like asking how long a piece of string is.
10:35, Fri 10 Aug
My understanding is Someone has loaned parent company money - this loan could be converted to shares (so they get shares instead of their money back). This is probably part of the take over. Parent company has then loaned BCFC money. Which technically we need to repay at some point. Say 24 million.

We have spent that money and have no way to repay back (unless we sell everything).

FFP want parent company to convert their loan to shares in BCFC and clear debt (so we don’t need to pay it back)

Problem is - this results in parent company having to write of the 24 million. Additional shares in BCFC are worth nothing (as they already own it all). So it becomes a 24 million loss to parent company ( as at the moment it is just a loan - it is still on their books).

I stand to be corrected !!
10:44, Fri 10 Aug
Are they waiting until October?

Isn’t that when we can be moved on by TTA (officially)
10:48, Fri 10 Aug
Dove
My understanding is Someone has loaned parent company money - this loan could be converted to shares (so they get shares instead of their money back). This is probably part of the take over. Parent company has then loaned BCFC money. Which technically we need to repay at some point. Say 24 million.

We have spent that money and have no way to repay back (unless we sell everything).

FFP want parent company to convert their loan to shares in BCFC and clear debt (so we don’t need to pay it back)

Problem is - this results in parent company having to write of the 24 million. Additional shares in BCFC are worth nothing (as they already own it all). So it becomes a 24 million loss to parent company ( as at the moment it is just a loan - it is still on their books).

I stand to be corrected !!

That's pretty much it.
10:49, Fri 10 Aug
Mario kempes 78
Just thought I'd ask how long do you think this business with the embargo and sanctions from the EFL will take and when can we get back to normal? Is it a long drawn out process over a few years?
Blues getting back to "normal" Never since 1875.
10:50, Fri 10 Aug
No idea - to me it is logical that it should be the new owners that write of the money rather than the current owners. Daniel has said it would be May before any takeover. All just guess work, from what I have read.
10:50, Fri 10 Aug
Burlington Bertie
Are they waiting until October?

Isn’t that when we can be moved on by TTA (officially)

That won't happen before next May at the earliest.
10:58, Fri 10 Aug
Dove
No idea - to me it is logical that it should be the new owners that write of the money rather than the current owners. Daniel has said it would be May before any takeover. All just guess work, from what I have read.

Apologies for my ignorance but haven't we already been taken over by Trillion Trophy (paul suen & co) in 2016?
11:10, Fri 10 Aug
Englishblue
Dove

Apologies for my ignorance but haven't we already been taken over by Trillion Trophy (paul suen & co) in 2016?

And they're selling it on - we've been in the transition for some time - TTA are not the people putting the money in.
11:13, Fri 10 Aug
El Mayor
Englishblue
Dove

And they're selling it on - we've been in the transition for some time - TTA are not the people putting the money in.

Any idea who is buying? Not even looking for mega rich arabs just someone that understands the running of a football club.. is this a possibility?

Or will it be more Chinese owners we don't see and don't have a scooby
11:15, Fri 10 Aug
Dove
The sensible thing though is to treat it as a write-off anyway. We will never repay it. Unless we go up in which case they can declare a dividend to get it back.

It does point up an unfair aspect of FFP though. A club with a rich owner can incur £24m worth of debt more than one without.
11:15, Fri 10 Aug
El Mayor
Englishblue
Dove

And this is why the share option is not possible? As it would require TTA to write off £24m or whatever it is, when in fact, it isn't their money to write off?
11:17, Fri 10 Aug
Englishblue
someone that understands the running of a football club.. is this a possibility?

I know what my guess would be...
11:17, Fri 10 Aug
Englishblue
El Mayor
Englishblue
Dove

Any idea who is buying? Not even looking for mega rich arabs just someone that understands the running of a football club.. is this a possibility?

I've only been writing about our new owners since last December :(
11:25, Fri 10 Aug
Dove

You are correct, but I was referring to the next owners that loaned Suen Money - the ones in the background that Daniel refer's to. Suen can't sell until Oct at the earliest.
11:34, Fri 10 Aug
Dove
The sensible thing though is to treat it as a write-off anyway. We will never repay it. Unless we go up in which case they can declare a dividend to get it back.

It does point up an unfair aspect of FFP though. A club with a rich owner can incur £24m worth of debt more than one without.

Depends which way you look at it. It is unfair if you don't have an owner that is prepared to write off debt. But it is "fair" or at least doing its job in protecting football clubs against owners who borrow money, and then spend it, without any way of repaying it back. Personally I am happy we are under an embargo until our debt is sorted. If it is written off - the Kudos to the owners as it is real money they will have put into the Club.
11:53, Fri 10 Aug
Which is who?
12:01, Fri 10 Aug
TaylorJay84
Which is who?

Mr King
12:04, Fri 10 Aug
So he is likely to take us on solely rather than invest in the background and use this vehicle that is suen and ren?
12:11, Fri 10 Aug
TaylorJay84
So he is likely to take us on solely rather than invest in the background and use this vehicle that is suen and ren?

Ren works for Mr King...

Easiest way to read more about Mr King is to read the stuff I wrote on almajir.net about him.