10:49, Fri 10 Aug
fairkop
Oh Yesssssssss Every feckers bit !! --Come in you beauties

Whatever turns you on.
I don't think he was anything like Robbie Savage other than being a centre midfielder.
He was decent, but not Mark Ward.
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
I don't think he was anything like Robbie Savage other than being a centre midfielder.

I think Beausejour is the weirder comparison tbh
12:13, Fri 10 Aug
Jacques Moran
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue

I think Beausejour is the weirder comparison tbh

On the face of it, you're right- Ferguson would fly into tackles and rob the ball, quickly feeding it forward or holding it up till the forwards had run past.
Beausejour could dominate a midfield using pace and strength rather than speed. But since he left in December 11 I can't think of anyone who can control a midfield, so in that sense, Beausejour was on a par with terriers like Bowyer, Savage and Ferguson.
15:22, Fri 10 Aug
fairkop
Did we never pay the fecker then ?

Perhaps he only got paid for every forward pass -that would explain it

Terrific player for Blues.
Does anybody actually click on links in your signature? I wonder. Listen to A New Man by Rob Roy Fellows #np on #SoundCloud
[soundcloud.com]
DES
17:58, Fri 10 Aug
fairkop
Not really -My opinion is my opinion -if others dont agree tough titty .

He was OK-- no more
Fairlop you should hook up with john smullen, he called George Michael a bad pub singer lol
Wee Baz probably as good a footballer as we have had in my time watching!
Kro
18:56, Fri 10 Aug
DES
Sorry DES cant see it . Not for me this guy- all you can say is he kept the ball moving and he did that well
20:00, Fri 10 Aug
Football is obviously all about opinions

Barry for me is the best midfielder I’ve seen in a blues shirt.

Rarely have the ball away, popped up with a few goals but his biggest attribute when playing for us was his ability to read the game and win the ball back.

A very useful skill that is often over looked
20:19, Fri 10 Aug
Seen Mark Ward ? Seen Brian Hughes? Seen Terry Hennesey? Seen Dillon ,Curbishley , Wylie ,Howard Kendall?
20:23, Fri 10 Aug
Mark Ward and Brian Hughes were not as good as Ferguson
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
20:25, Fri 10 Aug
I respect your opinion but I think they were at least as good as Ferguson
20:36, Fri 10 Aug
Fair do's to you for backing your judgment too
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
20:46, Fri 10 Aug
Rab C Nesbitt
Mark Ward and Brian Hughes were not as good as Ferguson

Bryan Hughes and Barry Ferguson are not comparable! Totally didfeeent players with different roles in the team.

But both fantastic for Blues.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
20:55, Fri 10 Aug
Ron Wylie was past it when he played for blues. Decent, but not great. Kendall and Ferguson by far the classiest of the ones you mention.
20:57, Fri 10 Aug
Mark Ward was a very similar player. I prefer Ferguson though
21:03, Fri 10 Aug
Both class
21:08, Fri 10 Aug
Very talented but hardly playing at the same standard as other players.
21:44, Fri 10 Aug
Ferguson ( Sir Barry ) was a rock.
His determination , no-nonsense leadership and confidence was a joy to behold . Very few opposing players had the ability or panache to match his drive , skill and football brain.
If I'm Blues captain I want him with me in the trenches - proper footballer, - took no shit from any opposition -
He was a good fit for Blues and our fanbase.
We'd now need to pay serious cash for an equivalent talent.
She's as sweet as Tupelo honey
She's an angel of the first degree