18:15, Wed 12 Sep
I went but don’t remember
I don’t remember much of 90’s TBH
Aylott and Gayle up front
Not pretty
18:32, Wed 12 Sep
I have the same trouble with 90's, all a bit of a blur!
What did the Knights in White satin?
18:48, Wed 12 Sep
Don’t remember going to Wembley either
Before mobile phones got a taxi to a club the night before and that’s about iit won 3-2 apparently, got back to brum on Thursday I think with stitches to scalp wound.
18:57, Wed 12 Sep
Loved Thommo.

Always liked David Lee too. Good player.
19:50, Wed 12 Sep
Dracula
Scared of crosses
I was there that day as a young 16 year old. Best meat and potato pie i've every eaten LOL!
thanks for sharing ;-)
Two top drawer saves from Martin Thomas - the penalty and the one at the end was fantastic
Great goal by Sturridge, I still have my Simon Sturridge T-Shirt somewhere...what does he do now?
Other than that, we were awful...
Same old!
20:26, Wed 12 Sep
Nose of Blue
I was there that day as a young 16 year old. Best meat and potato pie i've every eaten LOL!
I was 15. Went on my own
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
20:40, Wed 12 Sep
Fair play

We were battered by them but luckily -

‘His name is Simon Sturridge and he’s better than David **at’

😬
21:16, Wed 12 Sep
Fair play, probably 3 or 4 of us went regularly that season on the club coaches!!
09:29, Thu 13 Sep
blueballs
Fair play

We were battered by them but luckily -

‘His name is Simon Sturridge and he’s better than David **at’

😬

Goalie kept us in the game. Our full backs were mullered.
09:36, Thu 13 Sep
anniebassettsgussett
Dracula
Scared of crosses

Thomas was a good keeper for us over a long period of time.

Admittedly we were used to, and traumatised by, Godden routinely effing up - but Thomas was alright.

He made that one monumental cock-up against Shrewsbury when he caught Tony Kelly's harmless free-kick and then stepped back into the goal with it, but otherwise he didn't make many mistakes. I think he played about 170 games for us overall, so that's a pretty good record.
Thanks, enjoyed watching that. This game always sticks out in my memory for some reason, Bury mullered us but somehow we came away with a 1-0, mostly thanks to Martin Thomas.

Drove up from Brum in my mate's battered car. The car though was in better nick than Blues at the time, Blues had been absolutley battered 3-0 at home by Cambridge the week before, which had resulted in the long overdue departure of Dave McKay.

If you think the current Blues team is shit...
13:31, Thu 13 Sep
I was there as a 22 year old and we stood in the cemetery end if memory serves me right. I took my bird at the time who was a real goer! Had great fun on the way home!
13:37, Thu 13 Sep
Sorry mate that was me in drag...
13:38, Thu 13 Sep
You have lovely tits!
“I went but don’t remember
I don’t remember much of 90’s TBH”

It’s a relief to know I’m not alone.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
Olden days football looks rubbish.

Was it always that bad?
Was there that day in the seats where the camera was..... Remember getting my kickers muddy and being with a bloke that runs coaches from St Annes now but that's about it. Even watching that brings nothing back about the actual game whatsoever! Strange really.
Albert - don't you remember the Blues fans singing "Chips, Bacon, Sausage Egg & Beans"????