DES
09:06, Fri 14 Sep
Lads, to me it was the late sixties, early seventies, to many others it was the 80’s now with you guys it’s the 90’s.
It’s actually our youth and exploring adventures for the first time that brings on the rose tinted glasses.
That’s what nostalgia is all about, your youth, your mates and good times!
Kro
09:11, Fri 14 Sep
DES
👍
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
10:09, Fri 14 Sep
‘A lot’ 😨
10:12, Fri 14 Sep
newblue
‘A lot’ 😨
Imight have only been with 3 😂
Tbf I’ve been with my missus 23 years and I’m 43.
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
11:33, Fri 14 Sep
DES
Lads, to me it was the late sixties, early seventies, to many others it was the 80’s now with you guys it’s the 90’s.
It’s actually our youth and exploring adventures for the first time that brings on the rose tinted glasses.
That’s what nostalgia is all about, your youth, your mates and good times!
Kro

Amen.
11:57, Fri 14 Sep
Aton
Happy happy days? Really?

Those days were so 'happy' and positive, that seemingly nobody wanted to turn up.

Happy for those with no standards or expectations, perhaps.

But certainly not happy for the overall Blues fan base on the whole at the time. As only a tiny fraction of our fan base were regulars at the time.

I can even quote Jasper Carrott as referring to those days as grim.

'Aston' let me tell ya mate, the football sometimes was 'dire', as it mostly always will be, supporting Blues, our home crowds were pretty poor, but our away following was fantastic, a loyal, noisy, raucous following of mostly loons, who mostly knew each other and used to stand together, when required.

If you were with us, you should know

We were/probably still are a sleeping giant, though maybe too many near death experiences may have put us to sleep permanently, who knows?

But we got 45 thousand plus following us to Wembley against Tranmere and near that against Carlisle, for the finals, so think on before you mention our support.

It's a different game/experience today, sterile IMO, but would take those days over today, every time. like I say, if you were with us, you would know.
12:21, Fri 14 Sep
Aton

It's a different game/experience today, sterile IMO, but would take those days over today, every time. like I say, if you were with us, you would know.

Agree mate - I was there for much of this.
Away games at Hull (where I drove past the turn off on the M1 'cos I didn't know it was "Kingston upon Hull", turned up at The Odsall Stadium in Bradford ('cos the signs pointed to it and it sounded like the right place), a full 90 minutes away at Swindon singing "La la, we're Blues (tune of Hey Jude), away at Portsmouth in pissing rain singing "Come back and play for us - Noel Blake". End of that one, all the Blues players legged it off the pitch 'cos the rain was so bad. Noel Blake (in his Pompey kit) came up and applauded Blues fans for 5 minutes on his own before the Blues team came back out - almost certainly having been embarrassed into it!

As Des says - it's mostly about being young and having fun following the team around.
12:38, Fri 14 Sep
Happy Days? Four seasons in the third tier. Shambolic for a team from the supposed second city.