11:55, Fri 14 Sep
New iPhone Xs & Xs Max have been made available to pre order from today and my upgrade is due.

Currently with EE but looking around trying to find the best deal 3 seem to be the cheapest, may call EE saying i'm leaving and see what they can offer.

Has anyone ordered either or know of any good deals/ tips to get it as cheap as possible?
12:06, Fri 14 Sep
Always cheaper to buy phone directly from Apple, they offer 0% Apr over instalments.
Then get a sim only deal, mine is unlimited mins and data for about £15pm.

Normally saves you a few hundred quid over the course of a contract and you aren’t tied into one company.
12:16, Fri 14 Sep
I need a new phone so I’m going for the XS. I’ll just buy it and get a £10 a month SIM with unlimited texts, minutes and 8GB of data. There are some ridiculously priced contracts out there up to £88 a month. The gold one looks nice but is a bit Del Boy so I’ll go for the plain black one!
12:21, Fri 14 Sep
Not interested in an iPhone, but I'll be buying direct when my contract is up, from Samsung on 0% interest. Mate has done it and says it's the way forward 👍
12:22, Fri 14 Sep
This is the correct answer.
12:47, Fri 14 Sep
The right answer is not to be so bloody precious about your phone - my iphone 5 is still going strong and i can ring people and text if i really want to.
12:54, Fri 14 Sep
If all you do is ring and text then you don’t even need an iPhone so why have you got one?!
12:54, Fri 14 Sep
Yeah, but can you unlock it by farting?
12:55, Fri 14 Sep
Mobile phones direct.

Won't go anywhere else. You get an unlocked phone with a network SIM and I've never had any issues. Cheaper deals too with more to offer.
13:06, Fri 14 Sep
If all you do is ring and text then you don’t even need an iPhone so why have you got one?!

..Is the correct answer

As has been said, I've bought my last 3 or 4 phones.
Have been on "3" for about 10 years now as I use my phone more as a computer/smart phone now.
Rarely make calls if I'm honest.

My 3 contract gives me 600 minutes (I use about 20-30/month), unlimited texts (I use about 20-30 /month) and unlimited data (I use about 20-30 Gbytes/month).
It's gone up from £15/month when I took it out to £18/month now.

3 has great 4G coverage over about 99% of country, so unless you're really unlucky you'll get great coverage.
They also allow you to use your free monthly allowance in loads of countries including most of Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and loads more, so I never have to worry about "Roaming charges".
They've also said they'll continue to do so after Brexit, regardless of what other companies do.
13:52, Fri 14 Sep
If you're really that interested in saving money, you'll buy a decent Android phone, that does everything an iPhone does and more, for about half to two thirds of the price of an apple product.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
14:00, Fri 14 Sep
I've recently got myself one of these super new Chinese things, a Huawei P20 Pro.

I have to say it's incredible.

Although I'm now obviously working for the Chinese secret services, so be careful what you're saying...
Because of Theresa May's sheer incompetence I've had to change my sig.
14:18, Fri 14 Sep
IanT
I've recently got myself one of these super new Chinese things, a Huawei P20 Pro.

Although I'm now obviously working for the Chinese secret services, so be careful what you're saying...

Got my self one also, fantastic phone with superb camera
14:18, Fri 14 Sep
Just bought an iphone se. I'm sick of big phones they're getting ridiculous. Looks wise the 5 was the best imo so an se which has the inards of the 6s was the way to go for me (plus you can pick em up for £200)
JCL
14:47, Fri 14 Sep
One way they do get you to stay with the same company is the ease with importing contacts and what not onto a new phone.
I like how when I get a new Samsung, as long as I have backed everything up to my Google and Samsung accounts I can turn on a new phone, log in and it is pretty much set up as the old one.

Does that happen if I move to Huawei, as they seem to be the big players these days.
"Don’t hang about here, its decidedly unhealthy"
14:49, Fri 14 Sep
IanT

Are you Magna in disguise?
14:55, Fri 14 Sep
JCL
As long as it's running proper android, yes, you should just be able to log into google/play and all your contacts and apps will port across.

I changed recently, and it copied across all my text messages and call logs as well.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
16:59, Fri 14 Sep
Did look at that but couldn't justify £1100 coming out at once.

Managed to haggle EE down to £68 PM with no upfront costs, had to do alot of shopping around and sending screenshots from cheaper providers.

Worked it out I would've saved about £60 over 2 years if I was to get a £20 PM sim with 20gb data.
18:05, Fri 14 Sep
johnnyspex
Just bought an iphone se. I'm sick of big phones they're getting ridiculous. Looks wise the 5 was the best imo so an se which has the inards of the 6s was the way to go for me (plus you can pick em up for £200)

Same here. Bought one for £150 from a lad in Hall Green who brings them in from abroad.

54gb memory. Small phone with fast processor.
Finger print security and Apple Pay facility.

I’m got a sim only deal with Vodafone as they are the only provider that works in Llandovery.
£12 per month unlimited minutes, texts and 6go data.
"People are so complex you should know by now"
19:06, Fri 14 Sep
I am waiting on this one probly not to everybody's liking but fits all the bills for me.

[www.asus.com]

Release date is 5 December hopefully.