14:33, Fri 14 Sep
Anyone listening to Adrian Chiles’s programme on 5 Live this morning?

He finished off by saying how much he was looking forward to being at St Andrews tonight, and then introduced an African Gospel Choir singing their version of what he called “the Blues’ famous anthem”.

Got to say it wasn’t to my taste, although the choir performed it excellently, but what I will say is that Chiles gets a lot of stick from Blues fans on here and elsewhere, but he has a really soft spot for our Club and has often said very supportive thing about us over the years.

Fair play to the bloke. Such a shame that this thread will now probably contain unpleasantries about him.
Proudly boring Oldham since 2006 and ZLAMMER since 2013
14:38, Fri 14 Sep
I like Chile's hes a decent down to earth Brummie top bloke.

Did anyone see that programme he done about drinking a couple of weeks ago?
Eye-opening
15:12, Fri 14 Sep
No, i thought it best not to watch that!

;)
15:17, Fri 14 Sep
I quite like the miserable self-effacing git too!

I did watch and it was very interesting. It was quite brave to put himself out there as a depressive self-loathing raving alcoholic!
15:30, Fri 14 Sep
WorcsAzul
Are we talking Will or Chiles?
I lyk them both btw
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
15:53, Fri 14 Sep
Rab C Nesbitt
WorcsAzul
Are we talking Will or Chiles?
I lyk them both btw
I knew there must be a good reason why I admire Chiles so much. Perhaps there was something my mum didn't get round to telling me.
15:58, Fri 14 Sep
I do too but Will is not self-effacing as far as I can tell!😛
16:05, Fri 14 Sep
Sir Heisenberg
Anyone listening to Adrian Chiles’s programme on 5 Live this morning?

He finished off by saying how much he was looking forward to being at St Andrews tonight, and then introduced an African Gospel Choir singing their version of what he called “the Blues’ famous anthem”.

Got to say it wasn’t to my taste, although the choir performed it excellently, but what I will say is that Chiles gets a lot of stick from Blues fans on here and elsewhere, but he has a really soft spot for our Club and has often said very supportive thing about us over the years.

Fair play to the bloke. Such a shame that this thread will now probably contain unpleasantries about him.
But more importantly, did they sing the right words ?
16:10, Fri 14 Sep
I saw him a few months back stood outside the Post Office Vaults chatting away to a couple of lads who recognised him in passing. He seemed very down to earth but I genuinely think that's a Brummie thing.

Shout out to Frank Skinner too, years back back he had Jasper Carrot on his talk show and he walked on stage to the house band playing Keep Right On. It was a nice touch.
@stevanderman
16:12, Fri 14 Sep
WorcsAzul
😂
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
17:06, Fri 14 Sep
WorcsAzul
GPWM.

You've got me banged to rights there Worcs.

;)
17:51, Fri 14 Sep
👍
18:38, Fri 14 Sep
Chiles is a genuinely lovely guy and, like many Albion fans, has a soft spot for Blues they aren't afraid to admit.

I feel the same in reverse, to be honest. I've never had anything but good things to say about the Baggies.
19:11, Fri 14 Sep
Same here, not tonight though.
DES
22:22, Fri 14 Sep
I agree, I like skinner and Chile’s. Baggies are so like us.
Massive underperformershavent Bern to Wembley since 68, we’ve been three times since!
Won the fecking lot
Kro
17:12, Sat 15 Sep
I was listening too and tbh thought the gospel choir version to be quite good but nowhere near as good as how we do it.

The co presenter with Chiles knew more about our history than the blues fan invited to comment on the choir and the history of the song.

It was probably one of the best shows on blues in recent times.

The gypsy curse was mentioned and what Saunders did to rid the club of said curse.

Thoroughly enjoyed it tbh.
13:47, Sun 16 Sep
Who was the co presenter? She regarded herself as a Blues supporter. It sounded like Eleanor Oldroyd but I could well be wrong.

The gospel version of kro was interesting but not as resounding as the one on the proms the other week.
14:01, Sun 16 Sep
Not sure who she was, but she said that she supported Sheffield United.
15:56, Sun 16 Sep
Adrian Chile's was talking to someone who's Brother had been thought at a Shropshire school by a Blues mad Teacher. She then said she started to go down Blues to watch them in the Seventies which was a bit scary. Was this the co-presenter or someone else?
He was in the White Swan before the game