newblue
Would all change with success on the pitch, most people who manage football clubs would back themselves to achieve that at Villa. One thing I did notice was that one of the supposed stumbling blocks in appointing Henry was controlover the transfer budget. Will they have one, or is FFP for them not until next year?

Pure guess work but I'd say FFP is already playing its part. They couldn't bring in JT because of Bolasie's wages and we know that their owners could afford both. I really can't see them doing much in January. The fact that they let their only other recognised centre half leave and didn't replace him is telling.

They could be watching us to see what happens. If we get a suspended sentence with a fine, then they'll go all in in January, but if we get docked points, they'll close the transfer kitty.
It is an interesting conundrum, is a Mid-table Championship side with some past history (not recent) above average crowds, potential financial restrictions be more attractive than an SPL club in what is usually a 2 horse league, European football, massive fanatical support but once again financial restrictions and done all he can really for Celtic

If Vile were still a Premiership club then clearly a step up but can't see it being nothing more than a sideways step for Rodgers. Could only see Leeds or WBA being a step up in the Championship from Celtic at this moment.

Celtic fans going into meltdown though on the forums and newspaper articles, saying Vile would a step up for him. They don't like it.
He's got the opportunity there to win 10 in a row. That'll be his name in managerial folklore.

Or go to the management graveyard that is the vile.
12:57, Mon 8 Oct
LH_4
He has a slimey, smug face that was made for Aston Villa.

Yep, Rodgers would be an ideal villa appointment for me.

He's an absolute legend in his own lunchtime. He takes himself unbelievably seriously. His opinion of himself far outweighs his actual ability. His teams play absolute turd football whilst he constantly congratulates himself on its "technical quality". He has the personality of a whelk, is short and ugly and his Tango Tan and American teeth combine perfectly with his punchable face to make him look ridiculous.

He would justify my dislike of all things villa perfectly. It would be a match made in Witton.
12:59, Mon 8 Oct
2/3 prem jobs will come up before Christmas, if he want's out he'll probably wait for something better than that basket case.
Their league looks a bit more competitive this year, neither them or Rangers are currently top. But even then, you'd have to think that Rodgers has ambitions of coming back to England at some point.

Villa have the best squad in the league apart from a centre-half and the second richest owners in English football. Whilst their fan base are full of fickle turds, the players and potential if they go up, would still be a draw for somebody in Scotland IMO.
13:09, Mon 8 Oct
There's just something about the bloke that makes my skin crawl.

That clip where he introduces Joe Allen as the Welsh Xavi, makes me want to throw up every time I see it.

Would add an interesting dimension to our derby. Think Monk is very close to him and I vaguely remember him saying that he spent a lot of time shadowing him when he was out of work.
13:12, Mon 8 Oct
Spike
LH_4

He's an absolute legend in his own lunchtime. He takes himself unbelievably seriously. His opinion of himself far outweighs his actual ability. His teams play absolute turd football whilst he constantly congratulates himself on its "technical quality". He has the personality of a whelk, is short and ugly and his Tango Tan and American teeth combine perfectly with his punchable face to make him look ridiculous.

He would justify my dislike of all things villa perfectly. It would be a match made in Witton.

Not keen on him then Spike?
13:16, Mon 8 Oct
From some documentary I remember that he had a picture of himself in his living room about 5 feet square.
13:17, Mon 8 Oct
Spike
LH_4

Ha ha. Post of the month for me.
13:19, Mon 8 Oct
Linked Image
JohnP
From some documentary I remember that he had a picture of himself in his living room about 5 feet square.

Linked Image

This One! Haha

The bloke is a complete an utter tool! Loves the sound of his own voice.

Sooner Vile get in to the real world and stop trying to request permission for the Eddie Howe's, Brendan Rodgers of the world the sooner everyone can come back down to earth. Christian Purslow needs to remember he's at 2nd tier Aston Villa now not Liverpool or Chelsea. But by the look of it he fits in extremely well down at VP.

Delusions of a Grandeur springs to mind..
13:21, Mon 8 Oct
Yes Rodgers is a good fit for Witton. Already calling them a top premier team playing in the championship. Think whoever goes there has his work cut out to stop that defence leaking goals.
13:22, Mon 8 Oct
So just so I'm clear, you don't like Brendan Rogers then?
13:22, Mon 8 Oct
if Terry ends up there in any capacity he'll have his playing boots back on before christmas
13:27, Mon 8 Oct
😂 People actually do things like that, bellend of the highest order.
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
There will be a lot off hate for me on this but I think managers will see this as a big opportunity. Struggling club with a decent sized ground and rich owners.

but dont forget it's promotion or bust. so you've effectively got 7 months to change it round or else you're out on your ear as you wont want to be in charge next year with FFP. there wont be any opportunity to build a squad to play in your style.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:29, Mon 8 Oct
Best thing about it all is they've requested permission to INTERVIEW Rodgers.

I'm pretty sure a bloke who has won everything at Celtic and has a potrait of himself at home will react kindly to that invitation.

Like I said New Owners, New Players, New Staff same delusions.
13:30, Mon 8 Oct
*spike in "not sitting on fence" shocker*

is rogers above or below beckham on your hate-o-meter?

i still love the interview with liverpool TV where he keeps trying to gawk at the woman's tits and not get caught!!
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:31, Mon 8 Oct
That's it! He has form for doing something despicable to his wife, a Terry-Rodgers Vile partnership would be perfect.
A_n_E
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
There will be a lot off hate for me on this but I think managers will see this as a big opportunity. Struggling club with a decent sized ground and rich owners.

but dont forget it's promotion or bust. so you've effectively got 7 months to change it round or else you're out on your ear as you wont want to be in charge next year with FFP. there wont be any opportunity to build a squad to play in your style.

There is a lot of arrogance in football.