Read somewhere this morning that their fans will only consider someone who is currently managing in the Premier League!
10:20, Fri 5 Oct
Jim
Jim
Read somewhere this morning that their fans will only consider someone who is currently managing in the Premier League!
Breathtaking arrogance but par for the course with that lot
10:21, Fri 5 Oct
What I love about this is that, the names bandied around are all irrelevant. The fans there want instant success and free flowing attacking football, which they are just not going to get.

As it has been for the past few seasons, the gap between the reality of their situation and their expectations is so massive as to be insurmountable.

Why would someone like Henry or Terry cut their managerial teeth at a poisoned chalice like the vile? Why would someone like Dean Smith or Eddie Howe leave somewhere they are loved and respected, to go somewhere where they will be reviled and have vegetables thrown at them?

Last managerial appointments at the vile since O'Neill -

Houllier - decent manager, had a good squad, forced into ill health by the toxic fans
Mcleish - bedsheets
Lambert - 'wo go agin'
Sherwood - <throws gilly on the floor>
Remi Garde - qui?
Di Matteo - <sad face>
Brucie - <lobs a cabbage>

what a fecking disaster zone :)
Rags on the new Forum:
"Who on earth still has signatures showing ? ... they're the same every single time ... you've read 'em once then just hide them forever"
10:31, Fri 5 Oct
I do agree, but that type of fresh faced energy is in short supply and they are not in a good place to ease anyone in, and the pressure is already on in a big way with FFP looming.

I think they will end up going for sexy (i.e. someone like Henry) but I do think that is a massive, massive gamble. And hopefully the roof will cave in.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
10:32, Fri 5 Oct
Moyes favourite on betfair atm. Fecking brilliant if that happens 🤣🤣
10:44, Fri 5 Oct
carrsrighthand
Moyes favourite on betfair atm. Fecking brilliant if that happens 🤣🤣
Their "fans" are already going into meltdown about Moyes. Oh please let it happen !
10:51, Fri 5 Oct
Dont matter who they get ,there fans will destroy them.got to be the worst fans going,its there fault they are in a mess.
10:53, Fri 5 Oct
A dour ginger Scot - what could possibly go wrong? 😃

I reckon bedsheets within a month and he'll be gone by Hogmanay if they appoint him!
10:54, Fri 5 Oct
Moyes may be good for them, sadly. He is another brutalist at heart. If the team can be tougher, they really do have some excellent strikers for this division. You know, how Middlesborough will do it this season.
Wigan Pier.
11:14, Fri 5 Oct
3asygroove
Dont matter who they get ,there fans will destroy them.got to be the worst fans going,its there fault they are in a mess.

As you and others have suggested, the biggest problem villa have got is their fans.

They are completely and utterly delusional.

They believe they are a huge and relevant football club, but they're not. They are bigger than us, always have been and probably always will be. They should stick to that - because proper big clubs just laugh their bollocks off at them.

They believe they should be battering their way out of this division and storming The Prem, but they won't. Because they are shit.

They have not been helped in their delusion by Xia the clown and Brucey The Brown Nose, telling them what a magnificent club with magnificent fans they are. It's confirmed their legend in their own minds.

Manager wise, whoever they get will be not good enough and on a loser from the start.
11:17, Fri 5 Oct
Wonderful, isn't it.
11:18, Fri 5 Oct
I saw the Vile a few times under Ron Saunders (there most successful era) and it was dog shite to watch, Jim Smith was a more entertaining manager.

Quite where this self entitlement about being the Barca of the Midlands has come from god only knows.
11:27, Fri 5 Oct
youll do for me,every word true.
11:46, Fri 5 Oct
There's definitely truth in this. Vile fans destroy players and managers alike. Bruce has been a bit of a football dinosaur for a while but he still knew how to get a team up. He goes to vile and they ruin him; he looks half dead these days.

It's the same with players. How many have we seen over the years go there and then to complete tosh? That place sucks the life out of all who enter. Even the owners. Lerner and Xia walked in happy, excitable men and they left broken and ruined.
number8
Has done it as this level though. I agree with Mod, not sexy at all but he'd get them organised and that squad has loads of talent in it.

What's he done at this level? Got to the Play-offs once?

Hardly a hardened expert on the division.
Dean Smith what not think twice about going.
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
Dean Smith what not think twice about going.
They would be saying " the clubs too big for him " before he even started.
11:57, Fri 5 Oct
Spike
3asygroove

As you and others have suggested, the biggest problem villa have got is their fans.

They are completely and utterly delusional.

They believe they are a huge and relevant football club, but they're not. They are bigger than us, always have been and probably always will be. They should stick to that - because proper big clubs just laugh their bollocks off at them.

They believe they should be battering their way out of this division and storming The Prem, but they won't. Because they are shit.

They have not been helped in their delusion by Xia the clown and Brucey The Brown Nose, telling them what a magnificent club with magnificent fans they are. It's confirmed their legend in their own minds.

Manager wise, whoever they get will be not good enough and on a loser from the start.

Lovely stuff
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
I think the only reason anyone would go there would be for the money. Smith seems quite intelligent, and he's on a good thing at Brentford - low expectations, nice football, respect of his peers. Can't see it myself, unless they throw a wedge of cash at him, and even then I don't think he would necessarily be the right thing for them.

I don't think he loves the vile as much as he makes out.
Rags on the new Forum:
"Who on earth still has signatures showing ? ... they're the same every single time ... you've read 'em once then just hide them forever"
How many "experts" are there, Warnock & Bruce aside? Points still stands he'll have a better handle on this division than most of the names that lot will be calling for, or that will be interested.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.