I hope its someone with no championship experience..

By time he gets up to speed with the league they will have a cabbage with his name on it 😁
12:09, Fri 5 Oct
Feck em, they're shite and we're finishing above them this season, mark my words.
number8
How many "experts" are there, Warnock & Bruce aside? Points still stands he'll have a better handle on this division than most of the names that lot will be calling for, or that will be interested.

Allardyce knows a lot more, to be fair so does even Phil Brown, Harry Redknapp and countless others with more experience and more recent experience.

It's a massive stretch to say he knows this division, he must have only been in it for two seasons twenty years ago. He made the play offs and didn't go up.
12:18, Fri 5 Oct
Spike
3asygroove
Dont matter who they get ,there fans will destroy them.got to be the worst fans going,its there fault they are in a mess.

As you and others have suggested, the biggest problem villa have got is their fans.

They are completely and utterly delusional.

They believe they are a huge and relevant football club, but they're not. They are bigger than us, always have been and probably always will be. They should stick to that - because proper big clubs just laugh their bollocks off at them.

They believe they should be battering their way out of this division and storming The Prem, but they won't. Because they are shit.

They have not been helped in their delusion by Xia the clown and Brucey The Brown Nose, telling them what a magnificent club with magnificent fans they are. It's confirmed their legend in their own minds.

Manager wise, whoever they get will be not good enough and on a loser from the start.

I was talking to one of them this morning, being polite and all that cos I'm a nice guy. Asked him who he thinks they will get. He replied - with a straight face - that because of the Mendes link that they might be waiting to see if Mourinho becomes available - if not Thierry Henry with Arsene Wenger.

I laughed.
You're being as delusional as one of them. Virtually every manager would leave Brentford for Villa, most would leave Brentford for us (ignoring the current FFP issue), it's nothing to do with whether he is a Villa fan, it's a massive job compared to the Brentford one.
I'm not convinced by Dean Smith. That Brentford side are a product of a very well run club rather than Dean Smiths management. They have been progressively decent under a number of managers working in that framework. Not to say I'm convinced he's a bad manager either. Just unproven.
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
You're being as delusional as one of them. Virtually every manager would leave Brentford for Villa, most would leave Brentford for us (ignoring the current FFP issue), it's nothing to do with whether he is a Villa fan, it's a massive job compared to the Brentford one.

Linked Image
Rags on the new Forum:
"Who on earth still has signatures showing ? ... they're the same every single time ... you've read 'em once then just hide them forever"
You'd take Phil Brown over Moyes? Fair enough.

I think Moyes would do more than ok in this division, even at the shitshow they have over there at the minute. But hopefully they are going for someone else so we'll both never know.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
13:14, Fri 5 Oct
Tarquin
I'm not convinced by Dean Smith. That Brentford side are a product of a very well run club rather than Dean Smiths management. They have been progressively decent under a number of managers working in that framework. Not to say I'm convinced he's a bad manager either. Just unproven.

You see a number of managers be successful following another good manager as they just keep the framework going. The most recent relevant one i remember is Haselbaink when he followed Rowett. He then got the QPR job and fecked it up. A good manager will turn a club round - as Monk is doing with us.

Moyes will do it eventually but he won't get given the time he needs to instill his methods throughout the club, they will have him way before he succeeds. Fergie or Wenger wouldn't be given time at Villa PArk look how long it took Fergie to turn Man U round, then they didn't give Moyes 5 minutes.

It will take a miracle worker to get them up this season.

Has anyone here ever heard any rumblings that Smith is actually blues?

A vile acquaintance told me he heard he is, and the Viler fan thing is all a ruse..but thought it was pretty common knowledge that wasn't the case.
13:17, Fri 5 Oct
Moyes will be a disaster..
He has gone odds on to be next manager..
cant wait
13:29, Fri 5 Oct
Why would Moyes be a disaster?

They aren't happy about it but he was a very decent manager before he was tainted at United.

Did a good job with West Ham last year considering the state they were in before he arrived.

If they get Moyes or Allardyce I'd be more concerned about them going up this year than Henry, Smith or anyone else
13:32, Fri 5 Oct
Meanwhile, on another planet:

[www.skysports.com]
13:35, Fri 5 Oct
There's a joke in there featuring a cabbage but I can't bring myself to come up with it.
@LeMod1875
13:38, Fri 5 Oct
HackneyBlue
Why would Moyes be a disaster?

They aren't happy about it but he was a very decent manager before he was tainted at United.

Did a good job with West Ham last year considering the state they were in before he arrived.

If they get Moyes or Allardyce I'd be more concerned about them going up this year than Henry, Smith or anyone else

Man utd - Fail

Real Sociedad - Fail

Sunderland - Fail

West Ham - Did ok but was replaced so could argue... FAIL
13:39, Fri 5 Oct

[www.skysports.com]

Must be one of the top international names they're looking at 😂
Dean Smith what not think twice about going.

he's gagging for the job apparently
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:41, Fri 5 Oct
West Ham isn't a fail cause the Dildo brothers decided they wanted a big name in Pellegrini.

Sunderland fair enough, Sociedad was a risk anyway and he should be appreciated for even taking it.

Following Fergie and failing should not be a fail, in that respect Mourinho is a failure too and would be a failure at Villa also?

He's better than he gets credit for
13:42, Fri 5 Oct
B13blues

[www.skysports.com]

Must be one of the top international names they're looking at 😂

Now this would make me happy..

Id get Katie price and Harvey season tickets behind the dugout
13:42, Fri 5 Oct
50% wins at Man U not too shabby even though they expect more. Hopefully they'll get the Sunderland Moyes and celebrate once every 5 games