12:30, Sun 7 Oct
He went from insignificant to a highly valued and talented player, the very first week Monk arrived. I love him.

The change has been astonishing and it proves Cotterill's terrible judgement each time Jota plays.
[www.prostatecanceruk.org] is a really useful link.

You can access information, speak to an advisor with expert information or email them. It’s a really good service, I think.
12:30, Sun 7 Oct
👍 creative players need a structure in which to thrive just as much as others, perhaps even more so. It’s ages since the team had a proper pattern of play.
Listening to the radio mideeek about Messi v Spurs (and obviously not comparing the two, if only) but they said how important it was to be structured, know their roles and to execute those roles in order to allow Messi to be Messi.

I think comparisons can be drawn in how structured we are with each player performing to the best of their ability within the job they’ve been asked to do to allow Jota to be Jota.

All of the credit must be given to Monk and his staff to not only see this but to employ it and as we can all see, the difference in Jota now to this time last year is marked.
13:02, Sun 7 Oct
Would really like to know the interactions behind the scenes between Jota and Cotterill. Until Monk showed up Jota was getting muscled off the ball easily and wasn’t tracking back.

You watch him under Monk and he looks like he’d go to war for him.
13:05, Sun 7 Oct
Not only Jota

The team, the players, the management, the fans.

Everything

It might be a “backs against the wall” mentality, who knows?

It’s working though!
@Bluewurst1875
13:42, Sun 7 Oct
Wurzel nearly ruined him. Thankfully the Paddock spoke and we got our player back.
19:19, Sun 7 Oct
Musername
Would really like to know the interactions behind the scenes between Jota and Cotterill. Until Monk showed up Jota was getting muscled off the ball easily and wasn’t tracking back.

Would you go to war for Cotterill??
19:19, Sun 7 Oct
Musername

Would you go to war for Cotterill??!
19:25, Sun 7 Oct
Quokkasskip
Jota and Juke stay fit we can make the playoffs... Jota gets injured we are bottom half.

There is more to come from Jota. Scored goals for fun at the Bees

He’s been a revelation under Monk, the end product we were all looking for is increasing all the time and he is great to watch. But we are not a one man team. We would still be a well organised team and create chances without him.
19:27, Sun 7 Oct
Le Mod
He was brilliant again

Thought Pedersen looked very confident

Juke’s second goal was actually offside, but it’s about time we had one go our way

hhmm difficult to see from highlights. i was in line from cop and it looked ok

Just seen screen shot of goal and yes looks offside
BlueNoseinFrampton
Le Mod
He was brilliant again

Thought Pedersen looked very confident

Juke’s second goal was actually offside, but it’s about time we had one go our way

hhmm difficult to see from highlights. i was in line from cop and it looked ok

Just seen screen shot of goal and yes looks offside

Cop?
14:13, Mon 8 Oct
Love him, he's a joy to watch.
14:55, Mon 8 Oct
I’ve noticed he’s using his right foot more now too. He used it to put the ball across for the second on Saturday.
15:23, Mon 8 Oct
Always felt that Monk would have him showing what he's capable of. He's started to get hacked down a lot in the last couple of games, don't think Stoke will be any different. He always looks on the verge of losing his head when he does get kicked, but think he will become more targeted as he becomes more and more influential.

My only qualm with him is that once he cuts in on his left, I'd like to see a few more efforts at goal.

Cracking player though. Has the ability to run any game of football at this level if the opposition allow him to.
15:25, Mon 8 Oct
Using his right foot a hell of a lot more in the last month or so. Noticed he's really battling for headers and tracking back well too.

Class player.

The Championship Messi
15:40, Mon 8 Oct
Seems he's getting praised most weeks now, cracking signing. Got to hope he continues to play well through the colder months. In his gloves 🧤🧤
21:12, Mon 8 Oct
He is playing with Colin behind him just as he did at Brentford which suits him. Wonderful player who got some ridiculous abuse on here last season.
18:25, Tue 9 Oct
Was the price tag though imo. Raises expectations straight away. Especially when he goes thru one on one v Witton. In reality it wasn't a massive fee we paid for him but we'd been skint for so long it felt that way.
18:27, Tue 9 Oct
Think it’s more people don’t call him one footed when he is playing well and they like him.
18:30, Tue 9 Oct
CheswickBlue
Using his right foot a hell of a lot more in the last month or so. Noticed he's really battling for headers and tracking back well too.

Class player.

The Championship Messi

If only he didn't have the shot of a 10 year old. I'd like to think he's being coached on his shooting technique by Beattie and that we might soon see some improvement in this one weak area of his game.