09:04, Tue 9 Oct
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Jumping on "the tortured soul" bandwagon
Or am I being harsh?
09:22, Tue 9 Oct
Only he knows.
You’re being harsh imo. Not a dig at you btw, but that’s why some hide their problems
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
09:36, Tue 9 Oct
No offence taken, I'm actually unsure of his position

Does seem a relatively trivial cause for depression though, and would he beat himself up so for all the footballing mistakes he makes in every match? If so, he must be a complete wreck
09:39, Tue 9 Oct
You can't always account for what may/does make someone depressed.

I can't see he has any bandwagon to join, if by speaking up if it helps himself or one other person then it's a 👍 from me.

Depression still has a stigma, it's not a choice IMO, can affect anyone at any time.
I disagree with Scoobers a lot these days, but I don't here.
Such a shame that those prone to depression suffer and if that's the case with him then i am sympathetic

However, If he suffered depression due to a mistake at work ( nobody died, he's not a surgeon) he's a flipping footballer
then i ain't having it in this instance= Bandwagoner
So you don't think a negative incident could be a trigger for depression?
09:56, Tue 9 Oct
You’d never have mistaken him for a little ray of sunshine in the first place, would you?

Do these revelations coincide with him having a book to sell, at all?

There’s a difference between endogenous and reactive depression..........or, if you like, between feeling a bit sorry for yourself and being so depressed that you simply can’t function.

I for one, am against the trivialising of a serious and heartbreaking condition.
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue

Yes, losing a parent(s), a child, loved one, or friend, being in a car crash where somebody died, Spouse betrayal etc etc etc.
Not giving the ball away in a cup final !!
10:08, Tue 9 Oct
Gary Barlow reckons the trigger for his depression was random people in the street shouting the praise of Robbie Williams for his success while Take That were in a dip.

I personally thought this was any excuse to get the Bargain Bucket out.

He reached 17 stone and is now down to 12.

Fame can be a dangerous/snowflake thing to deal with.
Having mental health issues seems to be more of a badge of honour these days.

Some people have genuine problems and they have my sympathy. Others simply use it as an excuse.

It's sometimes difficult to distinguish between the two
Bordesley not Small Heath
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue

Yes, losing a parent(s), a child, loved one, or friend, being in a car crash where somebody died, Spouse betrayal etc etc etc.
Not giving the ball away in a cup final !!

It doesn't work like that. Depression can be brought on by basically anything, not just huge events.

If I can put myself in Carrick's head for a second: He gives the ball away, Barca score. He blames himself for the defeat. In his head, he's the reason millions of United fans are devastated; now they all hate him. He's the reason his teammates are devastated; now they solely blame him behind his back. He's let them all down and there is absolutely nothing, not a damn thing, he can do to fix it.

It'd probably make me spiral, too.
December 7 2018, about vile:
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
I'd be surprised if they lose another game this season
10:21, Tue 9 Oct
I can't help but suspect that if he swapped lives with most, if not all of us, he'd feel worse.
10:25, Tue 9 Oct
Tony Hancock
I can't help but suspect that if he swapped lives with most, if not all of us, he'd feel worse.
This thread is symptomatic of the reasons people are wary of speaking out and getting stigmatised.
Well feckin done
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Rab C Nesbitt
Tony Hancock
This thread is symptomatic of the reasons people are wary of speaking out and getting stigmatised.
Well feckin done

👍 100%.
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
10:28, Tue 9 Oct
Tony Hancock

Without a doubt. Hence my snowflake term.
Yes these are troublesome issues to deal with when you are famous, but put yourself in the shoes of those less fortunate for just a minute and allow some perspective into your life.

The term “It’s not all about you” comes to
mind.
10:33, Tue 9 Oct
And once again, that's not how depression works.

It's painfully easy to tell who doesn't live with the disorder. Christ.
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
10:33, Tue 9 Oct
Blimey
10:35, Tue 9 Oct
👍