16:03, Wed 10 Oct
DES
Disagree. Goal Poachers are still very valuable in today’s game, that’s why they cost so much. The hardest part of football is putting the ball in the net, goal poachers are and always will be sought after.
16:05, Wed 10 Oct
El Mayor
There are three kinds of lies in this world, lies, damned lies and statistics.
I could not agree more, i have always argued against stats and have said "you can make out what you want from them" Make them fit. But having said that i would just love the Juke`s stat to be right, altho i very much doubt it. May be 15 tho.
16:07, Wed 10 Oct
Predator
Disagree. Goal Poachers are still very valuable in today’s game, that’s why they cost so much. The hardest part of football is putting the ball in the net, goal poachers are and always will be sought after.
Pred, there is a differance between a goal scorer and a poacher mate. Putting the ball in the net is not the hardest thing. being in the right place at the right time is what a good poacher does and thats the hard bit for a poacher.
16:28, Wed 10 Oct
zxcv
El Mayor
I could not agree more, i have always argued against stats and have said "you can make out what you want from them" Make them fit. But having said that i would just love the Juke`s stat to be right, altho i very much doubt it. May be 15 tho.
You said a week and half back that he wouldn’t get 5
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
16:55, Wed 10 Oct
Predator
Pred, there is a differance between a goal scorer and a poacher mate. Putting the ball in the net is not the hardest thing. being in the right place at the right time is what a good poacher does and thats the hard bit for a poacher.

Think the Duke has been ok at being in the right place, he could be in double figures already.
17:01, Wed 10 Oct
zxcv
Predator

Which Is why I said they are still valuable in today’s game... also a poacher is in the right place at the right time yes but they also finish the chance.
17:58, Wed 10 Oct
B13blues
Predator

Think the Duke has been ok at being in the right place, he could be in double figures already.
Juke has missed some sitters but i don`t think he can be described as a poacher, he is a work horse but i think Garry can organise the team to suit his game problem is can he finish more often.
18:21, Wed 10 Oct
zxcv
El Mayor
You said a week and half back that he wouldn’t get 5

Wasting your time with this one Rab, never been known to be wrong and yes, was adamant Juke wouldn't get more than 5.
Also seems to think because he's an old git he knows more than others - what he obviously hasn't learnt down the years though is how to spot good forward play, goals or not.
When was the last 20 goal a season forward Blues had?
18:23, Wed 10 Oct
Which was my point.

First zxcv extrapolated 1 in 10 to be four goals a season, now he’s a 20 goal a season striker

Stats can be twisted, small sample stats more so.
18:44, Wed 10 Oct
El Mayor
Which was my point.

First zxcv extrapolated 1 in 10 to be four goals a season, now he’s a 20 goal a season striker

Stats can be twisted, small sample stats more so.
He’s convinced we’ll have decent money to spend in the next window too.
Money to replace Juke and Adams 🤪
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
18:49, Wed 10 Oct
So...back to Grounds. Tried hard, possibly even 100% most games, which was more than most around him most of the time.

Had a good spell where, for whatever reason, he looked (one of) our best player(s).

I applaud him for that, wish him well in the next chapter of his career, and am disappointed in those that don’t recognise effort in times of (great) adversity.

Good luck fella.
20:51, Wed 10 Oct
Some Bolton fans also might not know he's really a centre back
21:25, Wed 10 Oct
Pearly Dewdrops
So...back to Grounds. Tried hard, possibly even 100% most games, which was more than most around him most of the time.

Had a good spell where, for whatever reason, he looked (one of) our best player(s).

I applaud him for that, wish him well in the next chapter of his career, and am disappointed in those that don’t recognise effort in times of (great) adversity.

Good luck fella.

Thank you. 72 posts at time of posting. On the face of it, intended or not, a tribute to a relatively long serving, and value for money employee.
Thank you Mr Grounds. I'm glad you were a thing for BCFC, during a dark time.

Juke - a centre forward is not the same thing as a striker. Thank you, too.

"As long as one has done their best,
then no-one can do more" To paraphrase 'The Flashing Blade'
13:38, Thu 11 Oct
Fair enough.
13:51, Thu 11 Oct
zxcv
Another question Nath

What does a defender do to earn you at least a point

Answer,.. clue, Keep a clean "S"

Condescending and clueless. Quite the combo. Juke brings more to the side than goals, the goals are a bonus. What we need is Che or Vassell to be firing alongside him.
13:59, Thu 11 Oct
DES
DES
Nath, sadly that poacher type that I was brought up on, jimmy greaves, Denis Law etc has no plave in modern game, front man has to be a real team player, hold the ball up compete etc etc, that in a nutshell is why cameron jerome started more games than KP under Alex and why chuchou & Zarate couldnt be accommodated, sad but true!

KRO

Not saying they should have replaced Jerome necessarily but I recall thinking that relegation might have been avoided (on both occasions) if McLeish had been nrave enough to play Zarate and then KP a bit more.
14:00, Thu 11 Oct
No more Fosters
zxcv
Juke brings more to the side than goals, the goals are a bonus. What we need is Che or Vassell to be firing alongside him.

This.