17:26, Wed 10 Oct
Missus has just booked tickets for the crap UB40 instead of Ali et al. Are they as crap as I’m thinking or are they worth a watch?
17:40, Wed 10 Oct
They're shit mate, well i say "they" i mean Duncan.

Seen them once, seen Ali loads. For me Ali is the voice of UB40. Shame they can't reunite and feck Duncan off.
17:53, Wed 10 Oct
Ribeye
Shame they can't reunite and feck Duncan off.

Saw the documentary on them the other day.

There is NO chance of them making up; they hate each other.

Sad to see
18:08, Wed 10 Oct
They are worse than crap.

Went to see them with steel pulse, UB40 was on afterwards, after 30 minutes of so, we looked at each other and agreed it was shite and left.
18:22, Wed 10 Oct
fradge
Ribeye
Shame they can't reunite and feck Duncan off.

Saw the documentary on them the other day.

There is NO chance of them making up; they hate each other.

Sad to see

I know I've seen it. Look at where the shit UB40 play (racetracks etc) and look at Ali and Astro play (sold out arenas across the world) should answer the original question.
18:26, Wed 10 Oct
The original UB40 were shit. Now there are 2 shit UB40's.
19:09, Wed 10 Oct
Duncan i just a piss tramp from the goose in selly oak. Awful to think he could front any band let alone them.

Ali, astro etc are quality on the other hand. Butts park last year amazing. York this year amazing. Booked for march next year already
19:16, Wed 10 Oct
Btown rat in the kitchen?
19:17, Wed 10 Oct
Salford Blue
Missus has just booked tickets for the crap UB40 instead of Ali et al. Are they as crap as I’m thinking or are they worth a watch?
They’re alright if you’ve had a few. Ignore this lot
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
19:20, Wed 10 Oct
stevo

Never has a truer sentence been said on this forum
19:25, Wed 10 Oct
Btownrat
Duncan i just a piss tramp from the goose in selly oak. Awful to think he could front any band let alone them.

Ali, astro etc are quality on the other hand. Butts park last year amazing. York this year amazing. Booked for march next year already

I went to Butts park it was class. Also booked for March 👍
20:08, Wed 10 Oct
Salford Blue

She ain't going,she's just booked you a ticket.
20:10, Wed 10 Oct
85Blue
stevo

Thank God for these. Thought I was the only Brummie who found them boring. BTW, I worked with their cousin (the Campbells} till a couple of months back- more chance of hell freezing over than the band reforming apparantly..
20:16, Wed 10 Oct
85Blue
stevo

What’s your music of choice then?
20:27, Wed 10 Oct
Very eclectic to be honest, anything from a bit of early soul, indie, brit pop, heavy metal, just despise queen, ub40 and Robbie Williams in no particular order
20:31, Wed 10 Oct
Dream a Lie's ok after a few cheeky ones.
21:20, Wed 10 Oct
Lifetime ban for these comments surely?
DES
14:49, Thu 11 Oct
stevo

shocking to be so lacking in taste, along with ELO the only world class bands out of Brum (not into heavy metal!)
Ali Campbell got one of greatest voices ever!

KRO
14:53, Thu 11 Oct
DES
What happened?

My understanding from afar is that Ali wanted more ££&​pound;£££££ so decided to go solo, and got the hump when UB40 continued using the name with his brother singing
15:04, Thu 11 Oct
Seems to be because nobody was controlling the UB40 accounts, and suddenly they were bankrupt. Ali C went solo and got butthurt that they brought in Duncan as a replacement.

There was also a thing that Ali didn't go to his father's funeral, although, to be fair, he was in New Zealand at the time.