The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
Bruce should have won the league with that Hull team he scraped up from 6th with. He ain't all that in this league.

Maybe, but my point remains, he was still very good at managing at this level and nearly got them up last year. That squad has been weakened and is strikingly unbalanced. A few injuries and suspensions and they could be in a right pickle. I don't see how people think that squad should be considered strong enough to go up with a good manager in charge.
There is some fantastic depth of talent in midfield and up front on that list you posted.
12:01, Thu 11 Oct
Slightly Turbid
Is that vile squad really that good? I keep reading on here that they just need a good manager to sort them out but they had one of the best in the business at getting up from the Championship and he failed last season and couldn't get close with this season's depleted squad. Sure Bruce carries some responsibility for the summer recruitment but that squad is unbalanced and has a lot of dead wood in it. It clearly needs an overhaul and as already discussed is threadbare at the back. I think it is a very tall order to get that squad promoted this season especially when you look at how Leeds, Boro, Sheff Utd et al have improved and with the likes of WBA coming down the league is arguably tougher than last season whilst vile are definitely weaker.

The squad is very top-heavy, but I think the below would do a job in any of the teams mentioned above if fully-fit, IMO of course.

Albert Adomah
Yannick Bolasie
Ahmed El Mohamady
Jack Grealish
Conor Hourihane
Mile Jedinak
John McGinn
Tammy Abraham
Anwar el Ghazi
Scott Hogan
Jonathan Kodjia

The defence looks cack on paper, but Smith has shown at Brentford that he can get teams playing as a unit. Vile are better man-for-man in Midfield and attack than Brentford. Much, much better. With that team, I think that it wouldn't be a great achievement if he turned it around and got them promoted.

The only worry for them is that cloggers like Jedinak will do a job in a Bruce team, but they aint gonna play nice football on the floor. Still think they've got some decent passers of the ball so it'll all come down to how much they adjust to his style.
12:09, Thu 11 Oct
Predator
SOTV. That is all.

This.
12:32, Thu 11 Oct
They can scrape together a very decent and competitive first 11; especially if all their best players play to their potential at the same time but there is quite a bit of deadwood in there and it is very weak at the back.

Maybe JT will have to retire from being retired and get back on the pitch. Now that would be hilarious!
12:41, Thu 11 Oct
WorcsAzul
Maybe JT will have to retire from being retired and get back on the pitch. Now that would be hilarious!

no it wouldnt. it would allow jedinak to move back to his best position and tighten up their defence!!!
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:00, Thu 11 Oct
I think it would be.

I assume he is now far from match fit and would be ambling around at the back in slow motion.
13:09, Thu 11 Oct
even when he's not match fit he's a better player than jedinak in that position plus as i said it would put jedinak back in his best position. plus he's the leader on the pitch that they are missing now.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
14:19, Thu 11 Oct
e17blue
Do brentford give everything away?

No. We overpaid for Jota, Dean and Colin.
15:13, Thu 11 Oct
e17blue

Glad we got em though just a shame it blew the ffp through the roof.
15:34, Thu 11 Oct
Weren’t Dean & Colin 2 mil each? Not sure about wages but that’s cheap as chips for players of that ability.
15:43, Thu 11 Oct
I'm calling bedsheets before Xmas after we smash em
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
16:29, Thu 11 Oct
You wonder why on earth, if they rate Terry so highly, and were so desperate to have him involved at all costs, they didn't have the courage of their convictions and just give him the manager's job?
Musername
Weren’t Dean & Colin 2 mil each? Not sure about wages but that’s cheap as chips for players of that ability.

I though Colin was more towards the 5 mil mark?
16:36, Thu 11 Oct
Bluestaines
e17blue

I think opposite. We got good deals on all 3. I ve seen much worse players go for much more.

All 3 would now go for more than we paid for them
17:00, Thu 11 Oct
@Dr_TonyXia
I believe JT has everything to ‘grow ‘ to be a great manager one day. Get the unfinished business done! #UTV

Let's hope they carry on from your excellent work Tone
17:05, Thu 11 Oct
That cancerous club, with its completely unfounded sense of entitlement, has destroyed better managers than him.

🤩
17:06, Thu 11 Oct
I'd agree they would probably fetch more now but would their wages affect what others would pay? Don't really understand the money side of things, a bit like those running the club.
17:07, Thu 11 Oct
Marstonblue
Bluestaines
e17blue

I think opposite. We got good deals on all 3. I ve seen much worse players go for much more.

All 3 would now go for more than we paid for them

Jota was 6.5m
Colin was 3m
Dean was 2m

Not bad really, when you consider villa paid roughly the same for Scott Hogan.