Yam Yam but a Villa fan
Ginger
Arrogant
Looks like he enjoys the smell of his own farts

On second thoughts this might be the most ‘Villa’ Villa manager for some time.
@LeMod1875
17:15, Thu 11 Oct
B13blues
Beesman didn't seem overly concerned last week at the possibility of losing Smith.

Not unhappy with this although I liked Smith and he was very popular at the club it’s an offer he couldn’t refuse with the money and it being a massive club compared to us.Okelly will also join him but the main coach Thomas Frank will remain and will take charge.He is close to the owner and joined the club when the team were treading water and were very predictable he had a big input in changing our style of play and worked well with Smith.I think the main target after Villa were knocked back by others was the odious John Terry and can’t see how this is going to work out.From outside I can see Smith being pushed out if results don’t improve quickly and Terry will get shoehorned into the job.Lets be honest would you want or trust Terry,who I doubt if Smith even knows to cover your back?
I don’t see this making a massive difference to us and there doesn’t seem to be any big concerns amongst most fans it’s something we have got used to over the years staff and players moving on.Time will tell

Cheers for posting. I'd be more bothered if Smith had been appointed and been allowed to bring his own backroom. Seems a good possibility of this going pear shaped very quickly.
18:03, Thu 11 Oct
B13blues
B13blues
Beesman didn't seem overly concerned last week at the possibility of losing Smith.

Not unhappy with this although I liked Smith and he was very popular at the club it’s an offer he couldn’t refuse with the money and it being a massive club compared to us.Okelly will also join him but the main coach Thomas Frank will remain and will take charge.He is close to the owner and joined the club when the team were treading water and were very predictable he had a big input in changing our style of play and worked well with Smith.I think the main target after Villa were knocked back by others was the odious John Terry and can’t see how this is going to work out.From outside I can see Smith being pushed out if results don’t improve quickly and Terry will get shoehorned into the job.Lets be honest would you want or trust Terry,who I doubt if Smith even knows to cover your back?
I don’t see this making a massive difference to us and there doesn’t seem to be any big concerns amongst most fans it’s something we have got used to over the years staff and players moving on.Time will tell

Cheers for posting. I'd be more bothered if Smith had been appointed and been allowed to bring his own backroom. Seems a good possibility of this going pear shaped very quickly.

Thanks I tend to agree,I looked on the Villa site earlier they are now giving it large about buying our players there is some arrogant fans on there who must live in a dream world.
18:10, Thu 11 Oct
Beesman
there is some arrogant fans on there who must live in a dream world.

😂 You've just summed up that lot in one sentence
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
18:13, Thu 11 Oct
Beesman
B13blues
B13blues

Thanks I tend to agree,I looked on the Villa site earlier they are now giving it large about buying our players there is some arrogant fans on there who must live in a dream world.

Welcome to our world, over 40 years of them smug fannys.
18:31, Thu 11 Oct
B13blues
B13blues

Yes they're pretty much all like that and the internet has given them a voice whereas before they were anonymous locally. Best of luck to your new boss.
19:01, Thu 11 Oct
Just had a quick look on the villa Facebook page. The last 3 posts have all been about Terry, you have to scroll half way down the page to see anything about the actual manager.
19:31, Thu 11 Oct
Yes can see this is gonna be the John Terry show. He was coaching from the sideline at Chelsea, poking his nose in (always poking). We definitely need a song for Smith the DVB regarding JT and his shenanigans 🤔
19:36, Thu 11 Oct
Could get confusing at hotels, wonder how many times Terry checks in under the name Smith 😳
19:51, Thu 11 Oct
Dean Smith's averaged 1.34 points per game for his entire managerial career. That's piss poor. Only Paul Clement at Reading and Paul Warne at Rotherham have a worse points per game record amongst the current crop of Championship managers.
20:17, Thu 11 Oct
Noticed also Brentford haven't won away yet this season.
21:04, Thu 11 Oct
Terry is a snake in the grass, always has been. He's gotten far bigger managerial names than Smith sacked and I can't see him wanting to be number 2 to anybody. Especially a bloke who he'll have no prior relationship with and no respect for. I honestly think this is going to be great.
21:06, Thu 11 Oct
Here is an interesting stat.

Lee Clark and Smith both managed League One Clubs

Lee Clark Win Percentage with Huddersfield Town 48.6% over 177 matches

Smith Win Percentage with Walsall 32.31% over 260 matches.

Smith ain't all that people are saying he is.
21:34, Thu 11 Oct
To be fair, Clark had a big budget at Huddersfield, Smith at Walsall a tiny one.
22:07, Thu 11 Oct
You can imagine that if Smith did get them up the deluded ones would probably want him sacked as he wouldn't be a big enough name to take them to the Champions league!

So surely Smith is effectively just a caretaker manager until JT decides it's time for him to take over. I don't think he would probably really care either. Even if it's just a few months managing his boyhood club with a pretty hefty retirement fund for when they eventually get rid of him. He can't lose really. He'll always get another job at a Preston or similar.

You can just see it playing out that if Villa were in the top 2 with 3 games left JT putting the pressure on for him to take over in the dugout so he can take the credit for the promotion.
22:11, Thu 11 Oct
Little Miss Bliss
They'll have a reasonable new manager bounce, depressingly including beating us at their shithole.

Then they'll lose two on the bounce, probably away at Middlesbrough and away at West Brom. They play Stoke, Leeds and Swansea after those two, so somewhere in those 5 games they'll lose two on the trot.

Two defeats in a row will see them booed off the pitch at half time in their next match at 0-0. They'll fluke a win but now the dissent has started.

They'll lose 3 of the next 7 games, by which point the bedsheets are out and Terry is openly angling for Smith's job. In-fighting throughout, "the jobs too big for Smith", they spend the season languishing in 11th and the shit hits the fan when they fail to go up.

Lovely.

What a lovely post to go to bed on.

If only.
22:31, Thu 11 Oct
voodZ
Little Miss Bliss
They'll have a reasonable new manager bounce, depressingly including beating us at their shithole.

Then they'll lose two on the bounce, probably away at Middlesbrough and away at West Brom. They play Stoke, Leeds and Swansea after those two, so somewhere in those 5 games they'll lose two on the trot.

Two defeats in a row will see them booed off the pitch at half time in their next match at 0-0. They'll fluke a win but now the dissent has started.

They'll lose 3 of the next 7 games, by which point the bedsheets are out and Terry is openly angling for Smith's job. In-fighting throughout, "the jobs too big for Smith", they spend the season languishing in 11th and the shit hits the fan when they fail to go up.

Lovely.

What a lovely post to go to bed on.

If only.

They won’t beat us
They have all proved good value. If we were not in the situation we are in then I think we could realistically expect to make a 4 million plus profit on them.
23:07, Thu 11 Oct
How so?
05:49, Fri 12 Oct
The best bit of this is them making themselves look stupid again.

Henry rumoured to be agreed ‘rather have him than Smith’

Faria rumoured to be agreed ‘rather have him than Smith’

Smith signs ‘he is one of our own’

Weird.