Scoobers
He knows how to get out the league, Neil Warnock is a dinosaur and see what he done second half of season for Cardiff he knew how to grind out results to get out the league the style of football was 2nd.

Warnock didn't have half the resources Bruce used, fans don't normally mind the style of football if it means they get promoted which is where failed.

Every Vile fan ive spoken to or heard on radio ect main problem with Bruce was the style of football.

He got a toxic club to a play off final they where a save/block or shot or deflection away from premier league.

And this term he was 3 points from play offs when sacked having only lost twice with the depth they have in their squad you would assume second half of season is where it starts to show.

Proofs in the pudding with 4 promotions to the premier league.
10:31, Mon 15 Oct
Yet with the highest budget in the league he failed last season.

Oh well
10:33, Mon 15 Oct
If that pelanty had gone in, they were 5th.
Of course they sacked him too quickly and let's face it, behind all the bluster and bullshit about his style of play, the real reason is that he got blues up, had us beating them regularly and danced on their shithole pitch when we drew 2-2. They won't admit it, but it's the truth.
10:37, Mon 15 Oct
Scoobers
Yet with the highest budget in the league he failed last season.

Oh well

Well that all depends on what basis he was given the job on.

If it was 2/3 year plan to get back to Prem then he was on course
10:45, Mon 15 Oct
He was given the job to not get promotion.

Of course

😂
10:48, Mon 15 Oct
Bluesince62
Of course they sacked him too quickly and let's face it, behind all the bluster and bullshit about his style of play, the real reason is that he got blues up, had us beating them regularly and danced on their shithole pitch when we drew 2-2. They won't admit it, but it's the truth.

That logic goes both ways though, they'd scraped quite a few points from last minute goals and if they hadn't gone in they'd have been in a much worse position. They'd also had a very favourable opening fixture list and could reasonably have been expected to have been top 2 or top 4 by the PNE game. The new owners wanted rid of him in the summer, I'm guessing come the PNE draw they'd had enough.
10:55, Mon 15 Oct
As I said in my previous post. It depends what time scale he was given.

Play off final last season

3 points off play offs only a fraction into season

4 previous promotions to the premier league to his name.

My point was simply its more of a gamble taking someone that failed at Leyton Orient took a job as head of youth at Walsall and worked his way through the club than someone like Bruce

Oh and he has a 9th place championship finish to his name I suppose.

His credentials as opposed to bruce's do not compare
11:51, Mon 15 Oct
I thought the same until a few weeks ago, Bruce has clearly lost it and needs time out of the game.
11:57, Mon 15 Oct
Musername
I thought the same until a few weeks ago, Bruce has clearly lost it and needs time out of the game.

Bruce is finished.

He has had time out of the game, more than once. It then follows a pattern.

He looks a effing mess, a heart attack in the post - unless a nervous breakdown gets him first.

He takes time out.

"Dusts worself doon".

"Gets worself in shape".

"Recharges wor batteries".

"Gets wor hunger back".

Comes back looking slimmer with a new haircut, less of a beetroot face.

Gets a job.

Finds nearest kebab shop to training ground.

Within three months back to looking like an imminent infarction...annnnnndddddd repeat...
12:11, Mon 15 Oct
Bluesince62

That logic goes both ways though, they'd scraped quite a few points from last minute goals and if they hadn't gone in they'd have been in a much worse position. They'd also had a very favourable opening fixture list and could reasonably have been expected to have been top 2 or top 4 by the PNE game. The new owners wanted rid of him in the summer, I'm guessing come the PNE draw they'd had enough.

Fair point and I'm sure that's correct from the owners point of view, I was more thinking of the rank and file's reasons for wanting him gone though.
12:24, Mon 15 Oct
I agree. Nothing to do with the style of play. I dont think they really care about that. It was because of his connection to us. They hated it and I suspect many wanted him to fail. But as you say, they cant actually admit that because it sounds pathetic.
15:32, Mon 15 Oct
That Purslow bloke has said that Villa are now working off “a clean balance sheet” and that Dean Smith will have funds to strengthen in January!

Is he that naïve about their FFP/P&S situation or have they found a way round it?
15:37, Mon 15 Oct
How can they be?
15:44, Mon 15 Oct
I read That were going to support the latest manager and abide by FFP
15:53, Mon 15 Oct
They are either incredibly naive and ignoring it.

Or are pretending the fans are incredibly naive, and are gambling everything on going up this season again, only when that fails will they start talking about FFP as a restriction.
16:55, Mon 15 Oct
Scoobers
I read That were going to support the latest manager and abide by FFP

Bye bye grealish
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
17:04, Mon 15 Oct
He'll need to improve fast if they think they'll get anywhere near what they need to cover for FFP.

If James Maddison went for ~22mil, you'd be silly or desperate to pay more for Grealish.
17:11, Mon 15 Oct
They've appointed that Richard o'Kelly as Assistant Head Coach now

[www.standard.co.uk]

Does this mean JT is now "assistant to the head coach?"
17:39, Mon 15 Oct
I am starting to think they want him to play and that was the reason he is really there 🤨
17:41, Mon 15 Oct
Director of Beverages.