21:54, Wed 10 Oct
Coming to the west end, thinking of getting tickets for this next April but anyone think this will be any good or just living off the name. As it was a great tv show and I loved it I’m tempted but bringing it into a stage, will it work?
22:01, Wed 10 Oct
toffon50
Coming to the west end, thinking of getting tickets for this next April but anyone think this will be any good or just living off the name. As it was a great tv show and I loved it I’m tempted but bringing it into a stage, will it work?

If someone buys a ticket for say - Tom Jones (for argument's sake) - generally, they want to hear the old stuff. They have no interest in anything new.

If you want to watch live, stuff you've seen many times before, with different actors, then go for it.

If you're hoping for a continuation of the story, then my guess is, give it a miss.
22:12, Wed 10 Oct
My initial reaction was definitely not- different cast, no John Sullivan writing the gags (RIP), but I’ve just seen that Paul Whitehouse is involved so that makes it more appealing.

Your money, your call. Hope you enjoy it if you do go.
15:54, Thu 11 Oct
It's not going to be the same without the original cast.
cowinbovril
My initial reaction was definitely not- different cast, no John Sullivan writing the gags (RIP), but I’ve just seen that Paul Whitehouse is involved so that makes it more appealing.

Your money, your call. Hope you enjoy it if you do go.

I'm sure Whitehouse said that he started to write it with John Sullivan before he passed, then continued with Sullivan's son to complete it.

I'm tempted.
With the music score done by Chas hodges IIRC

Sounds like a good night out to me so why not.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
17:22, Thu 11 Oct
I have my contacts and yeh whitehouse has written it and is playing grandad. The basic storyline is from the episode “dates” which is the one where Del first meets Racquel. It was sullivans favourite episode apparently. He’s also adding some of the standout moments like the chandelier and Del falling through the bar into the storyline. Sullivan was going to do the musical before he died and wrote a song for it with chas hodges. Sullivan’s son owns the rights to everything OFAH and has been collaborating with whitehouse to get it on in the west end. I won’t bother meself like I’m more of an opera/ Classical music/ Terry and June type of guy.
JCL
08:38, Fri 12 Oct
My boss is a big OFAH fan and has booked the company Christmas dinner at the rep for a "only fools and horses dinner experience"

[www.birmingham-rep.co.uk]

People are dubious
"Don’t hang about here, its decidedly unhealthy"
11:56, Fri 12 Oct
JCL
JCL
My boss is a big OFAH fan and has booked the company Christmas dinner at the rep for a "only fools and horses dinner experience"

[www.birmingham-rep.co.uk]

People are dubious

If people are dubious about a free night out tell em not to go and make sure they are not invited to any other free company event.
If they have to pay to attend then thats a different kettle of coconuts.
Turn left when you get on a plane.