09:49, Thu 11 Oct
another vila thread.

Great
09:51, Thu 11 Oct
he used to be on the Blues board
09:56, Thu 11 Oct
GingerBen
Passed away aged 94

RIP Doug - former BCFC shareholder/director - was very generous to children's charities, such as Childline and the NSPCC
the king loves me
09:56, Thu 11 Oct
Legend, even though he was from the other side. I met him on a few occasions, through work, and he was a decent enough old stick.
10:01, Thu 11 Oct
Deadly Doug's Dead....RIP
10:12, Thu 11 Oct
I guess the disappointment of the Smith-Terry appointment was the last straw for him.

RIP Sir Deadly
10:18, Thu 11 Oct
Totally agree - I remember when he was still at the filth and coming to the end of his tenure he was getting dogs abuse from the toe-enders.

I met him twice once at Edgbaston and at the City Tavern in 5 ways, both times I said to him keep up the
great work Mr Chairman, both times gave me a thumbs up and a Thanks son.

He genuinely thought I was being serious !

RIP
10:23, Thu 11 Oct
That’s no age, RIP
10:25, Thu 11 Oct
RIP Sir Doug, he may have 'defected' but he was a football man through and through.
10:27, Thu 11 Oct
Legend of football and a gentleman

RIP
10:29, Thu 11 Oct
Rip doug last of the old skool...

Re: Doug Ellis

DES
10:34, Thu 11 Oct
rip sir Doug, a true gentlemen and a great businessman, For about two years at the turn of the century he was our landlord, he was as sharp as a lance and knew absolutely everything about the business side of the club, he started up Aston Manor Brewery which is ran by his son and grandson and its making millions!

I tip my hat to his business acumen, shame about his footy affiliation!

KRO
10:39, Thu 11 Oct
DES
DES , as we speak I am machining a gearbox output shaft for Aston Manor Brewery .... RIP Doug , a DVB but a good sort .... I hope we have a minutes silence for the old scrote and I hope it isn't spoiled by morons
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
10:42, Thu 11 Oct
DES , as we speak I am machining a gearbox output shaft for Aston Manor Brewery .... RIP Doug , a DVB but a good sort .... I hope we have a minutes silence for the old scrote and I hope it isn't spoiled by morons

The best way to keep it respectful is not to have it all.
10:49, Thu 11 Oct
RIP
No future.....
10:55, Thu 11 Oct
Why are the good always taken so young?!

As others have said despite his footballing allegiances Doug always seemed a very decent bloke.
11:03, Thu 11 Oct
RIP DVB DD.

In all seriousness he seemed a nice bloke.