08:30, Fri 12 Oct
Has anyone watched the show he's doing "sick of it"?

I didn't think I'd enjoy it but truth is it's funny and very watchable.

The funny thing is for me is that there's always been the suspicion that he's a character. If you've watched or listened to him from the beginning before he was well known and then watch the program, you'll realise that the main character he plays (the taxi driver who moans and complains but has a degree of resignation to him) is actually Karl acting. The voice in his head/conscience is actually the real Karl, ranting and moaning and having an opinion of everything.
09:15, Fri 12 Oct
is it good yeah? need to watch it.

I have listened to him from back in the XFM days,

IMO he is funniest when with Ricky and Stephen merchant they bounce off each other well but still entertaining on his own..

If you haven't already seen them id recommend The Ricky Gervais show, XFM Podcasts (great for long drives) and an idiot abroad.

Didn't rate moaning of life seemed forced and I haven't got round to watching this new one I prefer him when there is no script but will give it a go
09:21, Fri 12 Oct
The old podcasts were brilliant.

If you ever have a spare hour or so, watch on YouTube the complete Karl's diary. Karl kept a diary one week and Stephen Merchant read it out. It was so funny that Ricky asked him to keep doing it. It's brilliant.
09:24, Fri 12 Oct
Real Adebola Bloke

If you ever have a spare hour or so, watch on YouTube the complete Karl's diary. Karl kept a diary one week and Stephen Merchant read it out. It was so funny that Ricky asked him to keep doing it. It's brilliant.

Will look forward to that mate,

That's when they are at their best ripping him
09:35, Fri 12 Oct
Karl Pilkington is amazing, listen to the XFM radio shows and the podcasts everyday on my way home.
10:34, Fri 12 Oct
Man moth!

Must have listened to the old XFM shows a million times and still find new things that make me laugh.

Search podrot in iTunes - all the old shows are there.
11:07, Fri 12 Oct
Englishblue
Real Adebola Bloke

One thing I do love is that Karl Pilkington is known in America now.

Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant are quite pompous and whilst I do find them funny, they are what the yanks think of when they think of England.

Karl Pilkington has given them a more true taste of what so many here are like.
11:39, Fri 12 Oct
BluenoseGeo
Karl Pilkington is amazing, listen to the XFM radio shows and the podcasts everyday on my way home.

Every now and again I go back and listen to all the old XFM shows - still find them hilarious.

I can't link to it at work but type "Ricky Gervais meatballs" into YouTube.
12:10, Fri 12 Oct
Valencia
Man moth!

Must have listened to the old XFM shows a million times and still find new things that make me laugh.

Search podrot in iTunes - all the old shows are there.

Its rare for something to make me genuinely 'lol'

Has me in bits where he is on about people phoning in sick because of the snow and ricky pretends to phone in as the employees 😂😂

YouTube 'karl Pilkington - f**k off' if you want a little laugh
12:16, Fri 12 Oct
I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse still makes me laugh even if I'm just thinking about it
12:37, Fri 12 Oct
Englishblue
Real Adebola Bloke

The podcasts are on DVD under the title The Ricky Gervais Show. The person who draws the cartoons is a fourth member of the team

Absolute gold

Sick of it episode:
1. Stupid
2. OK
3. Better
4. Unbelievably bad.
13:44, Fri 12 Oct
I listened to the diary podcast upto 40mins in.

The first element I honestly cried with laughter. This decreased to a wry smile after 25-30 mins until this diminished, so I terminated it.

Worth that first 10- 20 though.
"People are so complex you should know by now"
17:26, Fri 12 Oct
The cartoons go a long way to make TRGS. Whoever did those is brilliant.
21:40, Fri 12 Oct
Will never forget the 'perfect animal' he was asked to create as gervais did for blue Peter as a child.

Pilkington chose...
An owls head (for cuteness to befriend humans)
A slugs body ( so it can't be knocked over)
And peacocks plumage for intimidation

I was in stitches 🤣🤣
21:51, Fri 12 Oct
Ha. Not my favourite piece of wisdom, but I loved that show. A bit thick, clever & funny simultaneously.
It was called the Ricky Gervais show, but the only one who couldn't have been replaced Is Karl Pilkington.
Done right, brilliant. Done badly (The moaning of life) standard TV (fuc4ing terrible).