The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
Bluewurst
We all know Birds custard is Brummie

The man also invented Baking Powder.

We alshave have the biggest urban park in Europe, which makes us one of the greenest cities in the world, as well as the youngest

The smallest park in the UK is in Burntwood.

Burntwood (Chasetown) also boasts the first church in the UK to have electricity.

It's amazing there aren't more tourists.
Our PE teacher @ St Phils, inherited Birds Custard and immediately sold it off to the company in Banbury who still make it, he promptly retired aged about 30!

KRO
15:50, Fri 12 Oct
Your nose and ears constantly grow but your eyes don't
It's amazing there aren't more tourists.

maybe the russian tourist board havent heard about it yet.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
15:55, Fri 12 Oct
Polar Bears are not naturally pink.

They are born white and turn pink due to all of the shrimp they eat.
16:10, Fri 12 Oct
Blue are ya?
Here are a few

The word 'gullible' is French in origin and has never been formally accepted into the English language due to a long forgotten enmity with the French people, therefore you will not find the word gullible in the Oxford English dictionary

Lolz
Come on you Blues
16:12, Fri 12 Oct
I didn’t check it Olders, but if it will help to cure your boredom I’ll put my hand up.

Yes, I know you’ve already blocked me. ;)
Come on you Blues
16:27, Fri 12 Oct
Bluewurst
Did you know the architect is also responsible for a major Birmingham Landmark too?

St Chads Cathedral?
DES
Oldham
Big Ben is the bell. It can't be seen from anywhere :)
very clever!
I kept thinking I was on a floating pub on the thames last week looking directly at big ben, but your right, it was the elizabeth tower!
Every days a learning day!

Keep em coming!

KRO

Des you are the only person over 9 who doesn't know that fact. It was not an obscure fact. It was common knowledge.

In fairness most people have been told the original fact from the first post a dozen times.

Rev, the tower was always known simply as big ben till 2012 so this obscure fact wasnt actually a fact up untill then.

KRO
16:30, Fri 12 Oct
DES
It wasn’t

It was called the clock tower
@Bluewurst1875
PJ1
16:33, Fri 12 Oct
DES
The dead outnumber the living by 30 to 1
"Too many protest singers, not enough protest songs"
16:40, Fri 12 Oct
PJ1
The number of dead that would equate to the current population was passed about the time of Christ (AD1)
@Bluewurst1875
PJ1
16:47, Fri 12 Oct
The number of dead that would equate to the current population was passed about the time of Christ (AD1)

Can I see your working out?!
"Too many protest singers, not enough protest songs"
DES
16:49, Fri 12 Oct
Bluewurst
It wasn’t

It was called the clock tower

So official history has got it wrong then Bluewurst?

The Elizabeth Tower is the name of the famous tower of Parliament - more popularly known as Big Ben. Although often referred to as Big Ben, this is actually the nickname of the bell housed within the Elizabeth Tower - and Big Ben's official name is the Great Bell.

Your actually wrong on both counts LOL

KRO
17:00, Fri 12 Oct
Tandy
The Nepalese and Swiss flags are the only two flags not to be rectangular. The Swiss one is square.
A square is a rectangle, just a special type of rectangle.

The flag of the Vatican City State is also square.
17:00, Fri 12 Oct
The Camel is the only ruminating quadruped that can turn its nostrils inside out
17:02, Fri 12 Oct
Oldham
Big Ben is the bell. It can't be seen from anywhere :)

I've seen it.
17:05, Fri 12 Oct
DES
The word ‘sabotage’ is french and originates from the industrial revolution period when disgruntled workers smashed machinery by kicking it with their boots - sabot.
17:20, Fri 12 Oct
Nath
Flamingos are not naturally pink.

They are born white and turn pink due to all of the shrimp they eat.

Flamingos don't eat shrimp. They eat algae.
17:22, Fri 12 Oct
Tandy
The only national flag that is taller than it is wide is Nepal's.

It’s the only national flag to have more then 4 sides (it looks like two triangles stacked).

The Nepalese and Swiss flags are the only two flags not to be rectangular. The Swiss one is square.

The Vatican's flag is also square
17:32, Fri 12 Oct
I understand blind chameleons change colour to match their surroundings.

Quantum physics, from what I've seen, is a bit eye bulging, too