DES
16:10, Sun 4 Nov
Just found out Moore was never knighted!!
Could have sworn he was, Charlton and hurst only two from 66 team!
Kro
17:06, Sun 4 Nov
DES
DES
Just found out Moore was never knighted!!
Could have sworn he was, Charlton and hurst only two from 66 team!
Kro

Ahem, I told you that a few hours ago, Des!

And he’s only two behind Raheem on goals scored for England. One was a CB and the other an attacking midfielder.....

Bobby Moore was the 1st footballer to win the BBC Sports Personality of the Year, and remained the only one for over 20 years. Not bad for an alleged womanising gangster who was no gentleman!

Pele said that Moore was the best defender he ever played against. Moore was also credited with the perfect tackle v Brazil in the 1970 WC. Banks made the perfect save, best I’ve ever seen.
DES
17:27, Sun 4 Nov
So. Blue I’ve got that 1970 eng v Brazil match on tape somewhere, think Moore made two perfect tackles on it!
Banks save gets better with age!

Kro
18:51, Sun 4 Nov
DES
But could he do it on a wet Tuesday night at Stoke ?
What an absolute joke of a comment how can you speak about Sterling and the wonderful Bobby Moore in the same sentence .God knows how old you are but ask somebody who saw Bobby Moore play and realise what a joke statement that was .
DES
20:04, Sun 4 Nov
stevo
But could he do it on a wet Tuesday night at Stoke ?
Ha ha ref his save v Geoff hurst in league cup semi 72?
Yes he could!
Kro
20:09, Sun 4 Nov
bluebone
What an absolute joke of a comment how can you speak about Sterling and the wonderful Bobby Moore in the same sentence .God knows how old you are but ask somebody who saw Bobby Moore play and realise what a joke statement that was .
I think Sterling is wonderful.
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
20:11, Sun 4 Nov
DES
DES
So. Blue I’ve got that 1970 eng v Brazil match on tape somewhere, think Moore made two perfect tackles on it!
Banks save gets better with age!

Kro

WOW! that’s all I can say, Des, after watching that programme. Thank you so much for the heads up.

I’ve always revered two players in particular, Bobby Moore and, of course, Trevor. Sadly, I never met Bobby.
I now I know that I was one of many who loved the guy. Such an inspirational hero, as a footballer; a leader of men and a gentleman.

PS I loved the clip of him cleaning his hand on the railing in readiness for shaking the Queen’s hand.
DES
20:19, Sun 4 Nov
I had the priveledge of seeing him play Easter Saturday @ stans 1973! We were on a great home run and had beat Man U & Liverpool, But Mooro was just too good for Trev latch & bob Hatton on the day, it ended 0.0.
However two years later it was him, alan mullery the keeper mellor & bloody john Mitchell who came out on top in the match that can not be mentioned!
Kro

Rip bobby you were the best of the best!
21:11, Sun 4 Nov
DES
DES
I had the priveledge of seeing him play Easter Saturday @ stans 1973! We were on a great home run and had beat Man U & Liverpool, But Mooro was just too good for Trev latch & bob Hatton on the day, it ended 0.0.
However two years later it was him, alan mullery the keeper mellor & bloody john Mitchell who came out on top in the match that can not be mentioned!
Kro

Rip bobby you were the best of the best!

This.

How come we slag players/teams, especially our only world cup winning team.

Sterling, do me a favour for Christ sake.
21:21, Sun 4 Nov
[www.theguardian.com]

Tells you a bit about his life. Did not have the best of luck after playing. Worth a read.
Cool so Diego Maradona is a gentleman too? He was a good player.
22:10, Sun 4 Nov
It pains me (and Des. I’m sure), that Bobby Moore wasn’t revered and cherished by the football establishment after he retired. But Bobby was such an incredible person, that he rose above all of that, and didn’t let it ruin his life (though it did upset him).

One of the highlights of tonight’s programme was JP talking about his friendship with Bobby, then his tears as he spoke about Bobby’s last few days. I shed a tear with him. Massive respect to JP. A true lover of the beautiful game, and of the great Bobby Moore. RIP Bobby.
09:31, Mon 5 Nov
Sir Trevor Brooking and Bobby Moore, says everything about the honours system.
DES
11:40, Mon 5 Nov
sheffield blue
Sir Trevor Brooking and Bobby Moore, says everything about the honours system.

not quite sure what this cryptic message means? good bad indifferent west ham bias?

KRO
DES
14:30, Mon 5 Nov
DES
Time and tide wait for no man
current status of 66 team
Banks has been very ill, but still with us.
Cohen had cancer but seems quite well now
J Charlton Dementia (real tragedy, he had great footballing brain
Moore RIp and at only 51 how tragic
Wilson Rip died last year
Ball RIP heart attack after some domestic incident.
Stiles dementia, modern day curse
R charlton(sir) Thankfully fit as a fiddle
Peters struck down with dementia.
Hunt most low profile of the lot but no noticeable health issues
Hurst (sir) looks great

Thanks for everything lads 30th july 66 your greatest day!

KRO
15:11, Mon 5 Nov
DES
Can't be doing with Geoff Hurst, he's basically cashed in by selling everything England related - including his soul I think.

I prefer Jack Charlton's attitude "If anybody tries to take any of my England memorabilia off me I'll fecking kill 'em...."

Bally must have been some player at his peak.

I saw an interview with Graeme Souness and he said he fancied his chances against anybody - he said he played against two really World Class midfield players who he couldn't get near. One was Alan Ball. The other was Zico. That's not bad, you'd take being mentioned in the same category as Zico I reckon.
15:14, Mon 5 Nov
"Hang your balls up, hang your balls up, hang your balls up Alan Boots..."

"Hard luck son" - M Dennis.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
15:18, Mon 5 Nov
DES
Wasn't meant to be cryptic, just making the point that 'Sir' Trevor Brooking has been knighted and not Bobby Moore.

One was quite good England international 47 caps and the other lifted the world cup and played 108 times for England, I know who I think was more deserving!
DES
15:23, Mon 5 Nov
Not many knights in footy though stanley mathews probably only player who was when Mooro died!
Still not many now TBF!
I would guess a dozen most living and dead!

KRO