00:17, Mon 5 Nov
Shit hole or a good night out?
I love it and used to go there loads, but went back there today for the first time in about 10 years and it looks a shit hole.
Has some great pubs and takeaways and the local windowcleaner whistling keep right on outside a restaurant was nice. Other half hated it and didn’t see it as a treat going there but I love Moseley so maybe I should just get rid of the wife???? Thoughts?
08:14, Mon 5 Nov
The latter.
No future.....
08:17, Mon 5 Nov
Depends what you're looking for.

Pat Cavanagh's is a decent boozer, as is the Prince William, especially in the summer. There's also the One Trick Pony if you fancy a dance. The old Fighting Cocks (now the Bohemian) probably no good if you're over 25.

One of my favourite pubs the Hare & Hounds (just up the road in Kings Heath) also a good option, especially if you like live music

Top it off with a short taxi ride to the Night Owl in Digbeth, take your missus dancing and you've got the makings of a good night out.

Calling Moseley a shit hole is a bit wide of the mark methinks.
08:24, Mon 5 Nov
The Bohemian isn't the old fighting cocks. I think Moseley is good but never the same since MDC closed.
08:32, Mon 5 Nov
Ahh,, the Moseley Dance Centre, happy days!!

What was the Bohemian before hand then?
DB
08:33, Mon 5 Nov
Never been since I had my drink spiked there.
The Usual Suspect
08:34, Mon 5 Nov
The junction
08:40, Mon 5 Nov
The Sunday Times named it best place in Britain to live a few years back. Maybe that's the problem...full of eejits now. Dunno.
12:01, Mon 5 Nov
montypenguin
Pat Cavanagh's is a decent boozer, as is the Prince William, especially in the summer. There's also the One Trick Pony if you fancy a dance. The old Fighting Cocks (now the Bohemian) probably no good if you're over 25.

Prince of Wales presumably?
12:05, Mon 5 Nov
DB
DB
Never been since I had my drink spiked there.
Dream on , pig face
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
12:16, Mon 5 Nov
I work here - it's great.

Loads of decent pubs, a wide range of restaurants and a decent night life.

Still waiting for Leeds to turn up though.....(for those that remember!)
12:23, Mon 5 Nov
Pigeon

I remember, a great SHA thread, you held the line - and you deserve credit for that.
12:35, Mon 5 Nov
I remember that thread! Quality!

the zulu line was not broken that day.
12:58, Mon 5 Nov
Spike
Pigeon

I remember, a great SHA thread, you held the line - and you deserve credit for that.

Linked Image
13:09, Mon 5 Nov
Always found it interesting that it’s not easy to get to Moseley by train or bus from Solihull/Shirley area.

Is this a deliberate ploy to keep rich kids out of Bohemia, in a Pulp’s Common People way?
13:36, Mon 5 Nov
Sorry, Prince of Wales it is....
DB
13:55, Mon 5 Nov
The last things I recall hearing were a Stourbridge accent and a criticism of Tory economic policy...!
The Usual Suspect
14:42, Mon 5 Nov
The Penguin
I remember that thread! Quality!

the zulu line was not broken that day.

Ahh yeah I remember that too haha
14:46, Mon 5 Nov
Yes I remember reading that thread. 😁 When Leeds invasion of Moseley turned out to be The Moseley Arms pub.
15:00, Mon 5 Nov
JonnieTheBlue
Always found it interesting that it’s not easy to get to Moseley by train or bus from Solihull/Shirley area.

Is this a deliberate ploy to keep rich kids out of Bohemia, in a Pulp’s Common People way?

Its a piece of piss.

49 from Shirley / Solihull to maypole. 50 to Moseley.

Or get your rich parents' au pair in their range rover vogue to drop you off (if your a rich kid)