Rasputin
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
The decision can't be reversed

[www.thefa.com]

The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or on the advice of another match official

So, given that Sterling has admitted he wasn't touched, all it needed was for him to tell the ref that he wasn't touched, and the ref can change his decision.

Pep told the fourth official straight away that it wasn't a penalty. Why didn't he, or the official behind the goal, help him out?
14:08, Thu 8 Nov
That mad Italian played for West Ham, friend of Mussolini did the right thing too. Or the wrong thing, depending on your perspective
14:13, Thu 8 Nov
I think people go a bit over the top about the Di Canio one, it was a nice thing to do but it's not like he actually had a chance of scoring, a defender was going to head it clear before the ball even got to him
@LeMod1875
14:54, Thu 8 Nov
Le Mod
I think people go a bit over the top about the Di Canio one, it was a nice thing to do but it's not like he actually had a chance of scoring, a defender was going to head it clear before the ball even got to him

If a defender was going to head it clear before it got to him, then how did Di Canio catch it? I mean, that would mean the ball did get to him. Just sayin.
15:01, Thu 8 Nov
DVB Steve Watson doesn’t jump to head it, if you watch again
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
15:08, Thu 8 Nov
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
....think you need to have another look at it.

[www.youtube.com]
">

Yep. Just watched it there again a few times, I reckon I called it spot on in the first place. Which isn't bad considering like I said, I saw it on a telly a fair way away. My eyes aren't as shit as I thought.

The only thing that video has done is convince me that the defender did it deliberately.

You look at it really carefully. The defender times that perfectly to dip his foot in and just flick Sterling's trailing foot. The defender is watching for the perfect moment, it's pretty cynical actually.

It's clear (to me) that after all the hysteria, that's a spot on decision.
15:10, Thu 8 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
grandadandthekids
number8
If that was a Blues player, would you have expected him to tell the ref? Lets say Adams goes over like that v the vile, do you want him to own up?

No player on earth would have done any different to Sterling.

Yes I would. Just to prove that there is a morsel of decency left in the game.
It would be talked about for years to come and for good reason.

Remember De Canio catching the ball instead of heading the ball into an empty net when the keeper lay on the floor injured.

Pure class.
the net wasn’t empty. Pure fantasy

And using him as an example of class and sportsmanship 😂

I’m currently spending/wasting less time on here now. Your post helps me to know I’m doing the right thing.
Cheers Rab x
15:13, Thu 8 Nov
grandadandthekids
Rab C Nesbitt
grandadandthekids
number8
If that was a Blues player, would you have expected him to tell the ref? Lets say Adams goes over like that v the vile, do you want him to own up?

Yes I would. Just to prove that there is a morsel of decency left in the game.
It would be talked about for years to come and for good reason.

Remember De Canio catching the ball instead of heading the ball into an empty net when the keeper lay on the floor injured.

Pure class.
the net wasn’t empty. Pure fantasy

And using him as an example of class and sportsmanship 😂

I’m currently spending/wasting less time on here now. Your post helps me to know I’m doing the right thing.
Cheers Rab x
Yet you've replied again.
Are you seriously saying he would have scored?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
15:29, Thu 8 Nov

Was going to pose this very same question to all those outraged on this thread - personally, in the above scenario, I'd be pissing myself laughing.
16:27, Thu 8 Nov
Le Mod

If a defender was going to head it clear before it got to him, then how did Di Canio catch it? I mean, that would mean the ball did get to him. Just sayin.

Because Di Canio shouted and put his hands in the air in a pronounced way, telling everyone to stop, so the Everton player - despite sprinting out and getting their first - decided to not head the ball and allowed Di Canio to catch the ball.

"Mama Mia pleasea stoppppa the game, stopppppppa the game pleeeeeasea guys"

You get the idea.
@LeMod1875
Eventually they will use video to decide all contentious decisions in important games.

It’s just a case of being patient.

I suppose discussions on forums like this may hasten that day, but I doubt it, because the football authorities don’t give a monkey’s what the fans think.
Quote Fat Buddha: “I might be wrong ...”
23:27, Thu 8 Nov
You came on and called Sterling a cheat with no morals. You were wrong.

Just the usual crap about a really good player. If you think Di Canio, a bloke who used to go round giving the old stiff right arm to fans he didn’t like, was an example of sportsmanship that should be followed - i’d revise my perspective if I was you.
23:48, Thu 8 Nov
newblue
You came on and called Sterling a cheat with no morals. You were wrong.

Just the usual crap about a really good player. If you think Di Canio, a bloke who used to go round giving the old stiff right arm to fans he didn’t like, was an example of sportsmanship that should be followed - i’d revise my perspective if I was you.

Sterling is a really good player who is proven:

It’s a fact Sterling is a cheat.
It’s a fact Sterling has no morals.

Quite happy to see you prove me wrong. You may try but you will be wasting your time because there is proof I’m correct.
04:34, Fri 9 Nov
Di Canio pushed a referee over and was often accused of being a racist.
Pure class he's not
07:33, Fri 9 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Pure class he's not

The moment of catching the ball was pure class.
The point of Di Canio showing it is a simple task to show s minuscule of honesty and morality in one simple moment, can be talked about for years. Only reason being is it is such a rarity.
That’s what we are talking about here.
Just because you are wrong don’t start drifting from the subject Rab.
09:08, Fri 9 Nov
grandadandthekids
It’s a fact Sterling is a cheat.
It’s a fact Sterling has no morals.

Quite happy to see you prove me wrong. You may try but you will be wasting your time because there is proof I’m correct.

Those are not facts, they are your opinions. They are also pretty shit things to say.

Passing your opinion off as fact doesn't make it fact.
I'd say it's definitely not a fact that Sterling has no morals.

Early winner of mental of the day.
What I’ve found rather funny in this whole debate is that the media are saying, “why didn’t he do a Robbie Fowler?”

The fact that they’ve had to go back 21 years to find an example someone owning up suggests Sterling’s behaviour was extremely normal, he didn’t appeal for it either.

(And didn’t Trevor Francis dive every now and then? I doubt we gave a shit. And Sterling’s wasn’t even a dive)
@LeMod1875
09:17, Fri 9 Nov
grandadandthekids
Rab C Nesbitt
Pure class he's not

The moment of catching the ball was pure class.
The point of Di Canio showing it is a simple task to show s minuscule of honesty and morality in one simple moment, can be talked about for years. Only reason being is it is such a rarity.
That’s what we are talking about here.
Just because you are wrong don’t start drifting from the subject Rab.
You want to talk about what you makes you right, in your mind. I’ve no need to add anymore to your comments. Read what others have posted. Ta ra
09:19, Fri 9 Nov
Where you going nice Rab?