22:10, Wed 7 Nov
...atrocious decision...highly embarrassing for all concerned.

Would there ever be a case for owning up and admitting what had happened.

Didn’t matter in the end I guess.
Want to tell us what happened?
22:58, Wed 7 Nov
Sterling caught his studs in turf and fell/dived forward - take your pick... without an opposition player touching him.
Sterling doesn't appeal but ref still awards penalty. Unfortunately the beautiful game is forgotten and obviously in these days of greed... must win ....deceit ... not our fault..we suffered from a bad decision too last week .... blah blah blah mealy mouthed bollocks from players, managers and fekkin pundits ...it carries on and on.

Not a single person interviewed or involved came out of it with any credit.
Shambles !!

The game truely has gone !!
Rosie ....Ohh Rosie ....I'd like to paint your knickers Blue and White !
DES
23:18, Wed 7 Nov
generalBlue
Sterling caught his studs in turf and fell/dived forward - take your pick... without an opposition player touching him.
Sterling doesn't appeal but ref still awards penalty. Unfortunately the beautiful game is forgotten and obviously in these days of greed... must win ....deceit ... not our fault..we suffered from a bad decision too last week .... blah blah blah mealy mouthed bollocks from players, managers and fekkin pundits ...it carries on and on.

Not a single person interviewed or involved came out of it with any credit.
Shambles !!
general

The game truely has gone !!
I w f t f y general. The games gone Tom!
23:20, Wed 7 Nov
I hope Squealish didn’t watch that Sterling stunt. It might have given him some ideas for an imminent fixture.

He doesn’t exactly need much help in the art of falling over imaginary objects.
00:07, Thu 8 Nov
Laughable decision!! There was at least a yard gap between him and the defender.
I think, given how obviously it was not a penalty, that we have to consider whether Man City are bribing refs. We know they're cheating FFP with the connivance of FIFA, UEFA, and the FA, so I don't trust them one iota on anything.
Guardiola turned to the fourth official and said it wasn't a penalty straight away. Which kind of blows your hysterics out of the water.

Sterling maybe could have said something but the whistle had gone as soon as he hit the deck (he never dived by the way). The decision can't be reversed and its hard to know what would go through your mind in that situation.

Man City could have deliberately missed, maybe but on the whole I don't think its something to get too upset about. The ref behind the goal is the one that should be getting the pelters.
bluearmyfaction
I think, given how obviously it was not a penalty, that we have to consider whether Man City are bribing refs. We know they're cheating FFP with the connivance of FIFA, UEFA, and the FA, so I don't trust them one iota on anything.

Listen to yourself.

From the ref's angle and perspective it did actually look a decent shout.
Guardiola turned to the fourth official and said it wasn't a penalty straight away. Which kind of blows your hysterics out of the water.

Sterling maybe could have said something but the whistle had gone as soon as he hit the deck (he never died by the way). The decision can't be reversed and its hard to know what would go through your mind in that situation.

Man City could have deliberately missed, maybe but on the whole I don't think its something to get too upset about. The ref behind the goal is the one that should be getting the pelters.

(he never died by the way)

That would have been bigger news
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue

Sterling maybe could have said something but the whistle had gone as soon as he hit the deck (he never dived by the way). The decision can't be reversed and its hard to know what would go through your mind in that situation.

Guardiola seemed to think they deserved a penalty because they didn't get one for an incident involving Milner in a match some time ago ...?????

Bizarre !!
Mourn The Beautiful Game
09:25, Thu 8 Nov
The game is not beautiful, and never has been beautiful.
09:36, Thu 8 Nov
..it was....in the eye of this beholder.

It's given me massive pleasure over donkey's years, both playing and watching.
It's still sometimes alluring but not quite as often now that the fekkin cheats are having their way
09:37, Thu 8 Nov
Refs have been a joke lately..

Never thought I would say this but get in VAR asap
09:38, Thu 8 Nov
Sterling should have told the ref he’d got it wrong.
I bet Bobby feckin Moore would have
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
The decision can't be reversed

[www.thefa.com]

The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or on the advice of another match official

So, given that Sterling has admitted he wasn't touched, all it needed was for him to tell the ref that he wasn't touched, and the ref can change his decision.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
10:35, Thu 8 Nov
Linked Image
@LeMod1875
Those that say “the refs perspective”.

Doesn’t he have “assistants” (not sure about the behind the goal ones).

No excuses for that decision at all.
@Bluewurst1875
11:26, Thu 8 Nov
bluearmyfaction

What a load of nonsense, the ref made a mistake, that’s it.