09:26, Fri 9 Nov
Spike
grandadandthekids
It’s a fact Sterling is a cheat.
It’s a fact Sterling has no morals.

Quite happy to see you prove me wrong. You may try but you will be wasting your time because there is proof I’m correct.

Those are not facts, they are your opinions. They are also pretty shit things to say.

Passing your opinion off as fact doesn't make it fact.

When Sterling fell over did he say he fell over. No morals. Fact not opinion.

When the ref gave the pen did he then, having a 2nd opportunity to speak to the ref say he fell over. No. He’s a cheat. Fact.

Just because Trevor Francis done it, doesn’t make it right and also did he consider the possibility of that player maybe riding on a yellow card with the possibility of him being sent off. He’s a cheat. Fact.
Yep I was thinking the same about the 21 years thing. We also don't have many examples of defenders running to referees to tell them that they caught players and that a yellow card for diving should be rescinded. Part of this is just people having it in for Sterling.

Add to that that Fowler once did probably the most homophobic on pitch act of the Premier League era, because a bloke read a big paper. Like Di Canio he ain't classy.
He didn't cheat, that's not a fact.

Him having no morals, isn't a fact.
eff facts. They spoil all the fun
09:37, Fri 9 Nov
Le Mod
What I’ve found rather funny in this whole debate is that the media are saying, “why didn’t he do a Robbie Fowler?”

And Sterling’s wasn’t even a dive)

These are the key points for me, it's quite clear if you look at the footage properly that Sterling was clipped from behind - whether it was enough for a penalty or whether it was accidental is kind of up for debate...although I know what I think.

But he had his back to the defender, was in the act of slowing down and lining up for a shot, and had his trailing foot clipped. He didn't dive and wouldn't even have known what happened particularly. To keep churning out the Robbie Fowler thing is a right load of cobblers.

There isn't half a lot of cobblers spoken about Sterling generally. It's getting a bit silly.
09:43, Fri 9 Nov
grandadandthekids

When the ref gave the pen did he then, having a 2nd opportunity to speak to the ref say he fell over. No. He’s a cheat. Fact.

But you are completely and utterly wrong about what actually happened, look at the footage properly and forget the fact that you are so determined to be right.

He didn't dive, he didn't chest, his morals have nothing to do with anything.

Again, bombastically insisteing that you are right - accepting no possibility that you might be wrong, and putting Fact. at the end of every opinion, does not make you right.

And accusing a bloke of being a cheat and having no morals in this situation is shitty.
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
Add to that that Fowler once did probably the most homophobic on pitch act of the Premier League era, because a bloke read a big paper. Like Di Canio he ain't classy.

The Fowler/Seaman thing is overplayed anyway. I loved Fowler as a player but I always thought he got away lightly in the court of public copinion there.

He was the one who went over with no contact in the first place, then he had an attack of the guilts and half heartedly waved a finger.
10:03, Fri 9 Nov
Spike
grandadandthekids

But you are completely and utterly wrong about what actually happened, look at the footage properly and forget the fact that you are so determined to be right.

He didn't dive, he didn't chest, his morals have nothing to do with anything.

Again, bombastically insisteing that you are right - accepting no possibility that you might be wrong, and putting Fact. at the end of every opinion, does not make you right.

And accusing a bloke of being a cheat and having no morals in this situation is shitty.

I know he didn’t dive, he in fact (that’s another one) fell over. Note the Fact was not at the end o
10:09, Fri 9 Nov
I am nice
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
10:09, Fri 9 Nov
In actual fact he was tripped

That true fact is in the properly and open-mindedly watched footage

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

...and what makes me laugh about that perfectly clear picture, is that the article still goes on to talk about him kicking the turf and falling over his own feet.

Ho hum. It's Sterling, so it doesn't matter.
The Sterling thing is just the usual racism against what people see as an uppity black kid. He’s actually seems like a fairly introverted young man.

He’s also been superb this season.
10:44, Fri 9 Nov
He did a couple of interviews where he came over as basically a mommys boy (and to be fair, he loves his sister who used to take him across London to train when he was a kid) who is trying to do his best. No flash, no chip on his shoulder, no inference of anything below the surface that would make you think he was anything other than an ordinary kid with extraordinary talent and a wage that comes with that.

Questioning his morality - especially given I don't see many paragons of virtue waking around - is either laughable or something more sinister.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
10:46, Fri 9 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
I am nice

Yeah yeah :-)
11:05, Fri 9 Nov
Spike
In actual fact he was tripped

That true fact is in the properly and open-mindedly watched footage

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

...and what makes me laugh about that perfectly clear picture, is that the article still goes on to talk about him kicking the turf and falling over his own feet.

Ho hum. It's Sterling, so it doesn't matter.

Spike what are you on?

The pundits opinion is he kicked the turf and fell over.
The keeper laughed at him as everybody else did, pointing out the lump of turf he removed with his wedge.
From the article you posted.

“I went to chip the ball and I don’t know what happened next,” Sterling said. “I ended up on the floor and turned around. I don’t think I felt contact, it was just my bad.
“I hit the floor and scuffed the floor. Apologies to the ref and apologies to Shakhtar.”

Elite sport is a ruthless business, but this was an opportunity for City and Sterling in particular to elevate themselves above the ugly win at all cost mentality.

“We realised it was not a penalty straight away,” said City manager Pep Guardiola. “Raheem could have said something, but last season...

And there lies the problem maybe?

The coaching staff and the Managers are encouraging dishonesty/cheating etc just because everybody else is doing it.

Thought Pep threw Sterling under the buzz to be honest.

Edit: I will Happily take back what I said about Sterling when it happens again and he stands up and tells the ref he fell over.
It will happen again it just won’t be as comical.

Moving on are the refereeing team being reprimanded?
11:21, Fri 9 Nov
grandadandthekids
Spike what are you on?

Dave - with respect to you, because I have met you and thought you were a nice guy...what you have put there is absolute rubbish. It really is.

What does the pundits' opinion matter?

What does the other team's reaction matter - how often do you see a defender have a go at a forward for diving to put doubt in the ref's mind - and when you see the replay he clearly tripped the player.

I said all along that in a split second Sterling probably hadn't got any idea what had happened as the defender was behind him, he was getting ready to shoot and next thing he's on the deck. Sterling's own comments that you quoted have him saying he's not really sure what happened.

You keep talking about facts, the facts are there. It's on the footage and it's as plain as the nose on your face in that still photo. Sterling's trailing foot was clipped. Probably deliberately - maybe accidentally, but what caused him to trip in the first place was the defender's foot. Why are you arguing with what is clearly there for everybody to see? And you ask me what I'm on?

And the main problem is that you still accused a bloke of being a cheat and having no morals and stated those assertions as proven fact, you were still wrong, and that's still shitty. I will have more respect when you admit you went a bit OTT on that.
11:46, Fri 9 Nov
Sterling Apologised for his wrong doing. Quoted.
Pep admits it wasn’t a penalty. Quoted.

In my opinion the video footage shows Sterling kicking the turf.

In my opinion the ANGLE of that photograph you talk of is not conclusive. Fact :-)
11:50, Fri 9 Nov
I give up.

I really should have known better to be fair.
12:05, Fri 9 Nov
Spike
I give up.

I really should have known better to be fair.

So do I :-). Love you Spike x
12:05, Fri 9 Nov
Yes he kicks the turf, that's not the debate, it's why did he kick the turf.

Footballers don't generally run towards goal and inexplciably kick the turf, it's because their stride has been impeded in some way.

Anyway, I cba either.
@LeMod1875
13:46, Fri 9 Nov
It's cuz Sterling has a tattoo of a gun, innit.