15:29, Thu 8 Nov
The Killing (Swedish original)
The Bridge
Les Revenants (Mogwai's excellent 'Wizard Motor')
Line of Duty
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
15:40, Thu 8 Nov
The piece of music that is played when Michael Corleone gets his 'revenge' on his enemies in Godfather II including his brother Fredo.

Proper moody ......
15:42, Thu 8 Nov
Crown Court, obviously.
15:53, Thu 8 Nov
Cattell Prod

This wins. Close the thread.
16:06, Thu 8 Nov
The Sweeney
16:07, Thu 8 Nov
The piece of music that is played when Michael Corleone gets his 'revenge' on his enemies in Godfather II including his brother Fredo.

Proper moody ......

Not a effing TV series though is it?
16:08, Thu 8 Nov
The Sweeney one was good.

My favourite was the piece by Ilona Secacz that usually played out the end of Boys From The Blackstuff.

That final frame freeze at the end of Yosser's Story when he was being restrained after trying to drown himself was incredibly stark/moving/effective pick your own adjective. And the music fit it perfectly. I think she wrote that as well.
16:37, Thu 8 Nov
I like the song from Narcos, I even have it on a Spotify playlist.

I believe it's from Rodrigo Amarante and the song is called Tuyo

Oh, I've just noticed you said Outro, I can't remember if it ends with it too, maybe.
@LeMod1875
16:42, Thu 8 Nov
Fat Buddha
The Sweeney
This.I used to love the way that the outro music was the same as the intro but played slower and moodier.
A bit like the KRO versions !
16:55, Thu 8 Nov
Chris
Cattell Prod

This wins. Close the thread.

An apocalyptic soundtrack for our times
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
17:18, Thu 8 Nov
Crossroads
Still at the end of every hard day
People find some reason to believe
20:13, Thu 8 Nov
Dominic Frontiere's piece at the close of "The Invaders"
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
20:18, Thu 8 Nov
Spike
The Sweeney one was good.

My favourite was the piece by Ilona Secacz that usually played out the end of Boys From The Blackstuff.

That final frame freeze at the end of Yosser's Story when he was being restrained after trying to drown himself was incredibly stark/moving/effective pick your own adjective. And the music fit it perfectly. I think she wrote that as well.

The kids bought me the box series years ago.
My overall memory was one of fun and scaly behaviour with Yosser etc.

Jeez I wanted to self harm binge watching them.
They really were tales of hard times, well depicted.

Funny it never got repeated, even though at the time everybody was talking about it. Too close to the truth methinks.
15:57, Fri 9 Nov
True Detective Season 1, can't remember if it was the same for the second season?

Making a Murderer's is pretty good as well
16:32, Fri 9 Nov
I came across the very first episode of Auf Wiedersehn Pet the other week on The History Channel, and mentioned it to two separate people. They both responded with 'gissa job'. I'm not sure they were the same decade but both series were similar I suppose, although Boys From The Blackstuff was much darker.
16:47, Fri 9 Nov
Not moody but I love the 70’s funk vibe of the starsky and hutch theme. Got it as my ringtone atm. I also base my dress sense on huggy bear.
16:54, Fri 9 Nov
I think Auf Wiedersehen Pet was basically a comedy show - with the odd dash of serious social comment.

Blackstuff the other way round. A vital social snapshot of eighties Britain and Liverpool - but it did have brilliant humour. Even the Yosser episode made you laugh as well as despair. "I'm desperate Father..." - "Call me Dan..." - "Ok, I'm Desperate Dan..."

Auf Wiedersehen Pet was an entertaining watch, Blackstuff was tough but enriching. It appealed to the heart, soul and brain...if you had the heart, soul and brain of course.
17:13, Fri 9 Nov
There was very little humour in it which shocked me.
What there was, was very clever.

Poor snowy the plasterer. Standards & morals (:-) dropping like flies.
17:20, Fri 9 Nov
Good summary, the Desperate Dan lines have got me giggling away here.