16:05, Thu 8 Nov
Garry Monk says he has yet to decide who will take the place of Gary Gardner against Hull City at the weekend.Gardner will miss out against the Tigers after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season in Blues' last game against Derby County; resulting in a one-game ban.Monk now has a decision to

[www.bcfc.com]
16:06, Thu 8 Nov
Play the better footballer Gary.
The players are really trying to get promoted.
16:44, Thu 8 Nov
It might be an idea to start Craig and see how he gets on. If no good, Lakin it is.
No future.....
17:16, Thu 8 Nov
Maybe but I have been very disappointed with Craig since he signed permanently. Lakin for me.
17:19, Thu 8 Nov
no brainer
17:23, Thu 8 Nov
Lakin got DRIVE and energy
17:30, Thu 8 Nov
Gardners got pies and lethargy
18:12, Thu 8 Nov
Aton
Play the better footballer Garry.

FTFY
Goodbye says it all.
18:15, Thu 8 Nov
Everyone on here is quick to defend how players played under Zola/Cotterill but Craig doesn’t get this for some reason.

Give him a go IMO.
21:39, Thu 8 Nov
Has to be Lakin. The kid was excellent away in Sheffield and Leeds.

Craig has done naff all in 18 months here.
Dong Ren Out.
21:46, Thu 8 Nov
Tbf I thought Craig played very well against Norwich in the opening game, would be a big call to put Lakin in as the vile derby will be very hostile, I’d start CG in the hull and vile game for experience but whatever Sir Garry Monk decides I trust his decision.
22:00, Thu 8 Nov
So you go for the "experience" over the "in form"?

Is Elland Road not a hostile stadium?
Dong Ren Out.
22:27, Thu 8 Nov
Lakin for me, the reason we have got away with 442 is because the two in midfield have been mobile and had the legs to get about.

Lakin maintains that, I’m not sure Craig does.

We will need legs at Villa Park too, Grealish, McGinn and co roaming around a slow Craig Gardner worries me.
@LeMod1875
23:07, Thu 8 Nov
LondonBlue
So you go for the "experience" over the "in form"?

Is Elland Road not a hostile stadium?

I think a derby game is different but as I said I trust monk whatever decision he makes.
23:14, Thu 8 Nov
He will go with Gardner I think,

We should remember Craig is a Blues legend. He is one of our 13 Wembley heros (and he hates the Villa)

Maybe the way his younger brother has become a fans favourite will motivate Craig to show his old self and restore his legendary status. Sibling rivalry could be Monk’s trump card.

Anyway in Monk I trust.
00:00, Fri 9 Nov
Le Mod
Lakin for me, the reason we have got away with 442 is because the two in midfield have been mobile and had the legs to get about.

Lakin maintains that, I’m not sure Craig does.

We will need legs at Villa Park too, Grealish, McGinn and co roaming around a slow Craig Gardner worries me.

Charlie Lakin played well at Leeds but was poor when he subsequently started at home. Lacked mobility and legs. The game passed him by, and he was subbed I think.

That’s why you shouldn’t write Craig off. Craig lacks energy and won’t cover much ground, but he is very experienced and knows what it’s like in a cauldron atmosphere at VP. It won’t overwhelm him. He would be good to start, then sub him for Lakin when Craig starts to tire and spaces open up.

I think we should have faith in both, either Craig or Charlie starting at VP, but be prepared to switch one for the other at some point. I think Charlie will rise to the challenge, but he’s so young and inexperienced at this level. So we need to manage him carefully, above all else. We’ve got several great youngsters, the best in many years, and we need to be so careful about how and when we use them.

I trust GM to get that right.
00:28, Fri 9 Nov
Everyone was poor that first half, it wasn't just Lakin.
Dong Ren Out.
00:46, Fri 9 Nov
Tbf I thought Craig played very well against Norwich in the opening game, would be a big call to put Lakin in as the vile derby will be very hostile, I’d start CG in the hull and vile game for experience but whatever Sir Garry Monk decides I trust his decision.

Hostile? Witton? Since when? It's the tamest midlands ground an absolute walk in the park. Squeaky yippee eye ayes by hole tenders
01:13, Fri 9 Nov
LondonBlue
Everyone was poor that first half, it wasn't just Lakin.

But Charlie was poorer tnan the others & he was the one that was (rightly) subbed. The game passed him by, as can often happen with younger, inexperienced players. Maybe you disagreed with me and the Manager on that?

Charlie knew he was poor that day. Any half decent player takes that on board, learns from the experience and the feedback. I think Charlie will be ok at VP, but let’s not assume, as it’s a big ask of a young player..... we may well need Craig for that game, whether from the start or as a sub. Personally, I’d give him some pitch time v Hull.
07:13, Fri 9 Nov
Did Lakin touch the ball in that first half? He wasn’t bad, he was no existent.

He is young player with lots of potential but that performance was worrying.

CG for me to start. His running power is the concern, but for 2 games he should be able to give his all