04:02, Fri 9 Nov
At home or go out to a restaurant or pub?
I’ve done all 3 and I’d never do a restaurant again, pub is ok but home for me at Christmas is the winner all day long.
05:35, Fri 9 Nov
toffon50
I’ve done all 3 and I’d never do a restaurant again, pub is ok but home for me at Christmas is the winner all day long.

If in Finland the tradition is dinner at home with the family on dec 24. After dinner of ham, not so much turkey, Father Christmas comes to the house and hands out his presents.
In the UK I will go to a pub for dinner, I will have a family of 4, my brothers 4 and Mom and Dad, my mother is getting a little old to prepare dinner for 10 people plus the house is too small to accomodate us all.
Goodbye says it all.
06:45, Fri 9 Nov
At home for the BlueNation.

Kids around. Plenty of food and drink.

Love it 👍
06:49, Fri 9 Nov
Will be in Spain and in a restaurant, this time for me.

Only done about 2 christmas meals in the Uk, over the last 30 odd years & one new years eve.
10:39, Fri 9 Nov
I can only remember ever eating Christmas lunch out once and that was at the Romulus in about 1970 or 71.

Always at home, seems the correct thing to do, family, food, drink etc...
10:58, Fri 9 Nov
Go to my mother-in-law's and she cooks it. Not a big gathering, four of us two of them.

Always used to go to my nan's back in the day - and that was a big family do. So big we used to have to eat in sittings. I miss those days really badly, they were so effing happy I didn't realise how much at the time...but anyway...

My m-i-l is a sensational cook though. I swear she could sell tickets and charge damned good money for the food she comes up with.

Then on Boxing Day she puts a buffet together which is nearly as good. I'm usually at the match so end up with doggy bags. Sometimes she puts a spread on at New Year as well.

She's a great woman, I think I'm a rare bloke who thinks the world of his mother-in-law.
11:04, Fri 9 Nov
My local Indian is doing the traditional turkey dinner and their usual menu for just £25. Bargain!
DES
11:09, Fri 9 Nov
We have been going to The Limes in Wythall on Christmas day for about last 7 years, there are 17 of us in Direct family and couldn't get around one table in the house so tried The Limes, they treat us fantastically well!
Foods good (not as good as my wifes!) service good and they dont hassle you about the time, generally there for three hours or more!

Can I be the first to say Happy Christmas to everyone BTW!

KRO
12:49, Fri 9 Nov
A Barbecue.
12:51, Fri 9 Nov

Might go the St Bernards Grange.
12:56, Fri 9 Nov
Always at home, with all the trimmings. As extravagant as possible. Never plain veg.
4 courses
Trying a fresh caught goose this year from the farm over the way.

Eat in a pub in Tenerife years ago. Never again.
12:58, Fri 9 Nov
Go tooled up...
13:07, Fri 9 Nov
grandadandthekids
Trying a fresh caught goose this year from the farm over the way.

Make sure the farmer doesn't catch you.
13:15, Fri 9 Nov
DES
DES
...there are 17 of us in Direct family...

Is your name Des Direct?
13:36, Fri 9 Nov
I’ve worked the last 10 Christmases so I don’t really care for it anymore. last year it was a nice meal at 10pm round at my wife’s grandparents the year before that was an 8pm drive through maccies.
DES
13:37, Fri 9 Nov
LondonAndy
DES
...there are 17 of us in Direct family...

Is your name Des Direct?
Brilliant you capped it there Andy!

KRO
13:41, Fri 9 Nov
DES
Done Crimbo day dinner out at pubs a few times - always feel it gets in the way of Christmas for me though.
Now the Mrs just puts on a spread for Christmas day (helped by the works hamper) and Boxing day and everyone just relaxes and helps themselves, loads better than fecking about going out.
Hpme with the family. Cockerel and all the trimmings, much more tastier and succulent than a turkey
14:35, Fri 9 Nov
Go tooled up...

LOL. I was joking mate :D (as i'm sure you were aware)
14:37, Fri 9 Nov
I was yeah.

But...in fairness, for anyone thinking of going in there - it's not bad advice.