Debates about morals will go on forever, indeed it is how the human race keeps improving.

I do however think I can put the debate to bed with this poll.

Which of the following best describes someone with 'no morals'?

A) footballer who trips on the football field and doesn't immediately run to have a penalty reversed as the referee made a mistake.

B) man speeding in a 30mph speed limit zone, endangering the lives of many people. Gets caught and rather than repent for his wrongs goes into a rage about the fact he got caught and tries to get people to agree he is hard done by.
b). What do I win?
Both. Difference being I learnt from my wrong doing because I have morals.

Footballers however!
It's an incomplete dataset. The man caught speeding may well have recently performed a life saving amputation on a young child, so he couldn't possibly be accused of having no morals.

Equally, the footballer in question could be a prick, parking in the disabled spot, pushing past elderly people at the bus stop, showing a complete lack of morals at all other times.

In that case, the answer would be a/.
JPMckeown90 on Cotts
...looked like the sort of guy who’d buy your mrs knickers from the car boot just to smell them.
Interesting. So are you saying that it cannot be fact that either have no morals simply based on the one instance given?
10:10, Fri 9 Nov
notts_blue
It's an incomplete dataset. The man caught speeding may well have recently performed a life saving amputation on a young child, so he couldn't possibly be accused of having no morals.

Equally, the footballer in question could be a prick, parking in the disabled spot, pushing past elderly people at the bus stop, showing a complete lack of morals at all other times.

You are such a geek I like that about you...
10:33, Fri 9 Nov
grandadandthekids
Both. Difference being I learnt from my wrong doing because I have morals.

Footballers however!
Let it go, mate
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
JCL
10:43, Fri 9 Nov
notts_blue

What if the man caught speeding and had performed a life saving amputation was just doing his job as a surgeon, however in his home life he regularly drunk heavily, beat his wife and used his access to hospital drugs, which he stole, to coerce venerable runaways and homeless girls into depraved and humiliating sex acts which he videoed and shared on the internet ?

The footballer, whilst parking in a disabled spot, had seen a young mother struggling with her large weekly shopping and 4 kids had paid for it and driven them all home so they didn’t need to get the bus.
"Don’t hang about here, its decidedly unhealthy"
10:49, Fri 9 Nov
JCL
Is the footballer playing for vile??

That would certainly show no morals
11:23, Fri 9 Nov
Spike
notts_blue

You are such a geek I like that about you...

thanks. I think. 😁
JPMckeown90 on Cotts
...looked like the sort of guy who’d buy your mrs knickers from the car boot just to smell them.
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
Debates about morals will go on forever, indeed it is how the human race keeps improving.

A) footballer who trips on the football field and doesn't immediately run to have a penalty reversed as the referee made a mistake.

B) man speeding in a 30mph speed limit zone, endangering the lives of many people. Gets caught and rather than repent for his wrongs goes into a rage about the fact he got caught and tries to get people to agree he is hard done by.

Rev, they are the two weakest examples imaginable!

I thought it was going to be something that reached into the very soul of humanity especially with your ecclesiastical background, but no dodgy pens and speeding!
Im out!

KRO
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue

Free will is an illusion and therefore morality is irrelevant.
13:54, Fri 9 Nov
Morality is obviously relevant as it is the basis on which all humans live.

An absence of morality in some cases, but it is an admittedly ever-shifting paradigm, which makes up a lot of the part of the human psyche that defines our actions and interactions.
14:03, Fri 9 Nov
Could you put that in plain English for us simpletons please Gramsci?
Morals are a thing.
Think i'll post on the immoral one instead.
14:08, Fri 9 Nov
Frank
Could you put that in plain English for us simpletons please Gramsci?

'of course morality is real. some people don't have any but that doesn't mean it don't exist. it's in everything we do and how we are and act to ourselves and how we make others see us'

Grammar school educated, my arse.
14:11, Fri 9 Nov
Grammar school educated my arse

What have I told you about the importance of a comma
@LeMod1875
14:13, Fri 9 Nov
And what else?