08:39, Wed 5 Dec
But will the governing bodies of game have the balls to do something?
[www.theguardian.com]
No.

It is more logical to focus on a club that has been close to relegation for three of the last five years.
[www.prostatecanceruk.org] is a really useful link.

You can access information, speak to an advisor with expert information or email them. It’s a really good service, I think.
09:07, Wed 5 Dec
If UEFA are serious about this then there could be some sort of Champions League sanction coming their way...
09:20, Wed 5 Dec
This is the footballing equivalent of tax avoidance - they've exploited the cracks in the FFP rules to maximise their spending. Be honest you'd be delighted if our owners had been rich and astute enough to have done this too. We're only likely to be punished as our management has been so crap at playing the game.
09:21, Wed 5 Dec
Maybe we could swap punishments.

We’ll have the champions league ban and they can swallow the twelve points? 😂
09:31, Wed 5 Dec
WorcsAzul
This is the footballing equivalent of tax avoidance - they've exploited the cracks in the FFP rules to maximise their spending. Be honest you'd be delighted if our owners had been rich and astute enough to have done this too. We're only likely to be punished as our management has been so crap at playing the game.

Truth
09:52, Wed 5 Dec
I hope they do have the book thrown at them and I hope they have substantial fines and bans from European competition imposed. I then hope that there is a robust legal case raised against the sanctions and that the rules themselves are found to be unfair restrictions on trade (or some such legal thing) and they are then removed to allow all clubs to operate subject to normal financial conditions that apply to all businesses.
10:00, Wed 5 Dec
Not right though is it?

I'm not going to beat our management with a stick for being less astute than the mega paid, top of the class, cream of the crop employees of an Emirati royal family.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
10:05, Wed 5 Dec
Hold on, there's quite a distance between "less astute" and "effing negligent".
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
10:33, Wed 5 Dec
Look, the converting shares thing is up to them. If it's dead money to them it's up to them if they want to do it, I think they didn't.

Man City will have a team of lawyers on a retainer as big as our first team wage bill. We had Julia Shelton in a portacabin.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
10:43, Wed 5 Dec
And signing a player when they were told they shouldn't/couldn't? Incompetence or piss taking? Either way, pretty far from "less astute".
Thongs
12:11, Wed 5 Dec
Chelè
Look, the converting shares thing is up to them. If it's dead money to them it's up to them if they want to do it, I think they didn't.

Man City will have a team of lawyers on a retainer as big as our first team wage bill. We had Julia Shelton in a portacabin.

It's a bit more than the share conversion thing tbf.
12:27, Wed 5 Dec

People have complained that our lot weren't astute enough to exploit loopholes, so it a bit rich to complain that others have exploited loopholes.

The answer is for the men in suits to say eff ffp, it's unworkable, do what you want but don't come crying to us when it all goes tits up
14:03, Wed 5 Dec
I'm a bit torn on this tbh, People should stick to rules and they should be enforced

That being said, FFP only benefits historically large clubs, as they can inherently put more money in which means a "smaller" club with access to money wont be able to fully realise what they could become and something about that feels inherently wrong to me

Given this is also now a business then could the lawyers also argue that you're limiting their business growth?

As i understand it, the FFP and Man City is such that they are rumoured to have broken Uefa FFP but not the premier leagues FFP, and throw into the fact Man City have not spent as much as some other clubs and dont offer in wages what others do (Man utd - Sanche 300k per week!).

It's all a little odd
15:35, Wed 5 Dec
Totally agree FB. We're not being victimised - we are just being found out for being crap at planning around and manipulating the FFP or P&S rules.
DES
20:13, Wed 5 Dec
Julia god bless her was top drawer, sadly she and roger Lloyd both gone now, bcfc a lot worse off without them!
Kro
07:47, Thu 6 Dec
DES
They were here when we got into this mess and now they have gone we are flying on the field and winning friends for all our good work off it.

Good riddance.
08:00, Thu 6 Dec
Fat Buddha

People have complained that our lot weren't astute enough to exploit loopholes, so it a bit rich to complain that others have exploited loopholes.

The answer is for the men in suits to say eff ffp, it's unworkable, do what you want but don't come crying to us when it all goes tits up

Tend to agree with this, otherwise there should be an agreed limit to spending on transfers wages etc or some way of "levelling the playing field" so every one can reasonably have the same opportunities. FFP may well be a good idea that has been poorly thought through and implemented but the cynic in me suspects (and believes) that the motivation for it was the football elite trying to protect the traditional big European clubs from new big money at Man City, PSG and (to a lesser degree) Chelsea. The rules effectively make breaking into the champions league impossible if you don't already access those revenue streams and breaking into the premiership a lot harder if you don't access revenue streams prior to relegation and subsequent parachute payments (depending of course on the competency of your current AND previous regimes - ahem!) So I do agree that it is or at least should be reflected as a restriction of trade or anti-competitive.

Not that any of that excuses our lot for making a pig's ear of things. Man City on the other hand can get well and truly fecked.
08:08, Thu 6 Dec
number8
And signing a player when they were told they shouldn't/couldn't? Incompetence or piss taking? Either way, pretty far from "less astute".

Have they not been shown to be legally correct with signing Pedersen?

Pretty astute to invoke the human right to work under EU law.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
09:25, Thu 6 Dec
Legally correct hasn't done us much good otherwise has it?
Thongs