10:49, Thu 6 Dec
DES
Julia god bless her was top drawer, sadly she and roger Lloyd both gone now, bcfc a lot worse off without them!
Kro

Shit I didn't know. Tragic - RIP both. Car accident?
DES
10:55, Thu 6 Dec
Fat Buddha
They were here when we got into this mess and now they have gone we are flying on the field and winning friends for all our good work off it.

Good riddance.
What a stupid comment, they wasnt on the coaching or marketing side of the business FB, but both top professionals!
KRO
11:59, Thu 6 Dec
DES
As chief financial controller would it not be their responsibility to exploit any financial loopholes ?
12:08, Thu 6 Dec
DES
Fat Buddha
They were here when we got into this mess and now they have gone we are flying on the field and winning friends for all our good work off it.

Good riddance.
What a stupid comment, they wasnt on the coaching or marketing side of the business FB, but both top professionals!
KRO

Help me out then DES.........what, exactly were their responsibilities, and what is being done less well now?

FRO
[www.youtube.com]">
Below is an incredibly informative and easy to understand video about Man City's ... transgressions. Interesting to see how one of the most powerful organisations in world football - UEFA - are powerless to clubs like city. And ultimately, how can you expext any club to obey the rules when the ones are the top are breaking them and the highest governing bodies are too afraid to implement their own punishments.

It also poses questions about football and politics. What the UAE are accused of is utterly repugnant and frankly borders on things that happened in Nazi Germany and yet they are celebrated by city fans. Would you accept that at Birmingham if we were winning titles? Should football be expected to take a stance on politics?

Perhaps it has always been a morally bankrupt and corrupt game, but right now football feels like a very ugly game and I personally would love to see the English game come crashing down. The more of these stories I read/see/hear about, the less I want to engage with the sport. I'd happily lose the flair and glamour if it meant more honesty in our game. You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one.
18:25, Thu 6 Dec
Would you accept that at Birmingham if we were winning titles?

Absolutely fecking not.
19:31, Thu 6 Dec
That is a good video, and I would urge people to watch it to get a good overview of what's gone on at Man City.

The most telling thing to me is that Man City were prepared to spend big on taking on UEFA in the courts due to FFP, and Infantino basically accommodated Man City & PSG - disgraceful really.

Ultimately though, I honestly hope that FFP and the EFL P&S is challenged and eventually scrapped. It holds back clubs who are able to spend and improve themselves, and just creates a monopoly for the naturally bigger earning clubs.

As much as I'm no fan of Blackburn, Chelsea & Man City - if it wasn't for those clubs investing heavily it would have been a much more dominant period for Man Utd which would have been really detrimental to the English game.

Also, the EFL P&S rules will eventually totally imbalance the Championship if they continue, the relegated sides have such a financial advantage now - it's ridiculous that Blues aren't able to truly try and strengthen against such competition. As much as there has been incompetence at the top of Blues, these rules are flawed and I really hope they come crashing down.
03:20, Fri 7 Dec
druid
That is a good video, and I would urge people to watch it to get a good overview of what's gone on at Man City.

The most telling thing to me is that Man City were prepared to spend big on taking on UEFA in the courts due to FFP, and Infantino basically accommodated Man City & PSG - disgraceful really.

Ultimately though, I honestly hope that FFP and the EFL P&S is challenged and eventually scrapped. It holds back clubs who are able to spend and improve themselves, and just creates a monopoly for the naturally bigger earning clubs.

As much as I'm no fan of Blackburn, Chelsea & Man City - if it wasn't for those clubs investing heavily it would have been a much more dominant period for Man Utd which would have been really detrimental to the English game.

Also, the EFL P&S rules will eventually totally imbalance the Championship if they continue, the relegated sides have such a financial advantage now - it's ridiculous that Blues aren't able to truly try and strengthen against such competition. As much as there has been incompetence at the top of Blues, these rules are flawed and I really hope they come crashing down.

Post!

This. Absolutely this.
04:05, Fri 7 Dec
A tad ironic that Leicester are mentioned given they single handedly were responsible for 2 ruile changes throguh their financial pisstaking.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
08:05, Fri 7 Dec
UEFA/FIFA have dropped a bollock by not putting in either individual or team wage caps 10/15 years ago across the board. Gone about it completely the wrong way and now there are players on £300k a week and they’re trying to get clubs to spend within their means...
08:17, Fri 7 Dec
Hantsbluenose
As chief financial controller would it not be their responsibility to exploit any financial loopholes ?

Of course it would... but if your directors tell you not to do it...
I don't see how wage caps can be deemed legal to be honest.
Pretty easily. You just make it a spending cap.

After all, it applies, de facto, in every other business on the planet. It's illegal to trade while insolvent and it's illegal to run a cartel - which is effectively what football does by allowing deficit spending from outside the game.

FFP is in principle a great idea, but the problem is the football market is so distorted by things which are not from a proper free market. For a start, visiting teams should get a percentage of the attendance money. If you want Man U to turn up for a friendly you have to pay them because they will attract fans. Why should the league be different? If every single PL club refused to play at Man City, their income would shrivel. They need opponents. The market would take that into account and doesn't.

No external funding should be allowed and clubs should be regulated as the effective monopolies they are. But nobody has the balls to do anything about it.