12:34, Thu 6 Dec
Cattell Prod
If you're still worried about confidence, you could bosh a couple of hundred quids' worth up your hooter before approaching her. Just lay off the Spice

Most solid plan I've heard on here today.
12:36, Thu 6 Dec
WorcsAzul
Like Spike I am somewhat old, married and thus well out of date on such matters. I have therefore sought some input on your behalf from younger people I know.

Seems the best bet is to pop over to see her, place your hand on her right cheek (No - the one on her face!!) and swipe your hand across her face to the right. She'll know what you want and you don't have to say a word so it will save any awkwardness.

Sounds like a winner, he'll definitely either get the girl or the six months in The Green - either way, at least he'll know.
13:12, Thu 6 Dec
👍

If it's the latter he won't need to worry about courtship rituals either, as there'll be plenty of his fellow inmates offering to soak his onion ring with gravy (to use another SHA metaphor)!!
13:51, Thu 6 Dec
👍

If it's the latter he won't need to worry about courtship rituals either, as there'll be plenty of his fellow inmates offering to soak his onion ring with gravy (to use another SHA metaphor)!!

Yeah, either way he'll get a shag.. win win.
I'm not entirely sure who works where from that, nor if the girl works for the same company as you, or for the customer of your company.

As it's a bit vague, I think it's entirely acceptable to do a bit of digging online, see what you can find out in terms of relationship status etc. Then if she seems to be single, send her a very simple but friendly private message. There's not much difference between doing that and internet dating, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

I liked the idea of the Christmas Card but there's no guarantee it'll get to her and then you'll never know if she received it and didn't answer, or if she's still waiting for contact from you....

Whichever way you go about it - just do it. Live your life. Good luck.

Garry Monk’s Comb Over
So yesterday, I had to go on a day out to see one of our companies’ customers. A few us went up there, including myself, and also a girl that works in another office for the same company.

Anyway, I’d heard this girl’s name mentioned before but never actually met her. We got chatting for a little while over lunch, asking each other questions, I made her laugh a few times, you know, the usual stuff when you think it’s going well, and I don’t know, just really seemed to click, we got on really well. Anyway, to cut a long story short, during a normal working day I don’t see anyone from her office let alone her, but I’d love to talk to her again and I don’t know, maybe ask her out sometime? But the chances of us bumping into one another are majorly slim. Not only that, but the chances of her agreeing to go out sometime are also majorly slim.

So, any advice is ideal, how do I go about this situation? I appreciate that this might not be the best place to ask.
14:41, Thu 6 Dec
Good to get a woman's perspective, Xmas card and friend request on Facebook I would say. May as well show your hand, but do it in a way that isn't creepy.
14:42, Thu 6 Dec
Christmas card is a bit creepy if she's under 40 too I reckon

Us young'uns don't mess about with Christmas cards
14:44, Thu 6 Dec
Mrs P
As it's a bit vague, I think it's entirely acceptable to do a bit of digging online, see what you can find out in terms of relationship status etc. Then if she seems to be single, send her a very simple but friendly private message. There's not much difference between doing that and internet dating, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

I disagree with that a bit to be honest...not that there is nothing wrong with internet dating, because there isn't.

But I don't think this is the same.

People who are registered on internet dating sites are looking to meet someone for some kind of relationship, people who are minding their own business and have merely had a friendly conversation with a work colleague are not necessarily.

Like I said before, the OP could do a load of online stalking and pry into the girl's life before sending her an unsolicited message...and she might take that as being appealing and showing that he is really interested and has gone to a lot of trouble to contact her. Or...she might think it's very inappropriate, very awkward and not appreciate it at all.

I have friendly conversations with people at work - sometimes even women...but I don't follow it up by stalking them and then sending them a message asking them if they fancy a drink sometime.

Although having said that - I did once get friendly with a woman at work, end up asking her out for a drink, and here I am still married to her. But that was after a period of having a number of conversations, finding out we got on, establishing that she was single and having formed a fair idea that she liked me. It wasn't based on a chat one lunchtime followed by internet stalking...and a "your hair smells lovely..." message.

Again - as I said before, I wish the lad well and wouldn't discourage him from asking her out, but I wouldn't suggest him doing it the way some people are suggesting he should.
14:47, Thu 6 Dec
Really?

You need to put more effort into a Xmas card, my god, you may even need to write it in your own handwriting!

Far more effort than a lazy Friend Request on Facebook, so will probably have far more resonance as well.
14:51, Thu 6 Dec
Agreed you have to put more effort in, but if she liked him like he clearly likes her then it doesn't actually matter which way he approaches her because she'll react positively to it anyway.

If she doesn't like him then he'll be in her group chat with the girls 'OMG LOL this weirdo from work sent me a Christmas card what a creep'
14:51, Thu 6 Dec
montypenguin
write it in your own handwriting!

What a quaint old-fashioned notion...
16:22, Thu 6 Dec
I do agree with you and thought long and hard before saying that. My reasoning was that if I had contact from anyone asking me out (either in real life or online) then I would check them out online, see what I could find out. If this girl is savvy then she'll do the same, whether she likes him or not, whether she wants to meet up with him or not. Which I know isn't what internet dating is about - certainly not the initial contact. But it is the second step.

In fact, thinking about it further - he could PM the girl and ask her if she would mind if he friend requested her on facebook, as they got on so well. That way, he doesn't have to ask her out, and he gets a steer from her answer. And it's permission to look at her profile. Job jobbed!

Spike
Mrs P

I disagree with that a bit to be honest...not that there is nothing wrong with internet dating, because there isn't.

But I don't think this is the same.

People who are registered on internet dating sites are looking to meet someone for some kind of relationship, people who are minding their own business and have merely had a friendly conversation with a work colleague are not necessarily.

Like I said before, the OP could do a load of online stalking and pry into the girl's life before sending her an unsolicited message...and she might take that as being appealing and showing that he is really interested and has gone to a lot of trouble to contact her. Or...she might think it's very inappropriate, very awkward and not appreciate it at all.

I have friendly conversations with people at work - sometimes even women...but I don't follow it up by stalking them and then sending them a message asking them if they fancy a drink sometime.

Although having said that - I did once get friendly with a woman at work, end up asking her out for a drink, and here I am still married to her. But that was after a period of having a number of conversations, finding out we got on, establishing that she was single and having formed a fair idea that she liked me. It wasn't based on a chat one lunchtime followed by internet stalking...and a "your hair smells lovely..." message.

Again - as I said before, I wish the lad well and wouldn't discourage him from asking her out, but I wouldn't suggest him doing it the way some people are suggesting he should.
16:36, Thu 6 Dec
Seriously, if she resorted to that she'd prove herself to be an immature asshole with an attitude problem. Bullet dodged...
Well, firstly I’d like to thank you all for the very detailed and some, very worrying responses.

I’ve decided to take the Facebook route, just seems to be the done thing of my kind of generation I guess. It can only go one of two ways, and I’m fully prepared for any embarrassment and piss taking should I get rejected and everyone finds out.

Only question I have, is how long should I leave it before sending the message? Is it something I need to do right this minute, or do I leave it a few more days?
Now, you soppy fecker.
How many good looking women have you seeen dating ugly blokes? Or tall women with short arses? Women like confidence and attention, pay them attention actively listen , make this girl the dentre of yourworld and you can win her heart.
22:17, Thu 6 Dec
Do the Facebook thing soon.
07:38, Fri 7 Dec
Spike
montypenguin
write it in your own handwriting!

What a quaint old-fashioned notion...

Not in green ink though
Garry Monk’s Comb Over
Well, firstly I’d like to thank you all for the very detailed and some, very worrying responses.

I’ve decided to take the Facebook route, just seems to be the done thing of my kind of generation I guess. It can only go one of two ways, and I’m fully prepared for any embarrassment and piss taking should I get rejected and everyone finds out.

Only question I have, is how long should I leave it before sending the message? Is it something I need to do right this minute, or do I leave it a few more days?

Depending on her settings, she may never see your message