18:10, Wed 5 Dec
Birmingham City has surpassed all preseason expectations this season with the Blues sitting just 4 points and 3 places off the play-off spots in the Championship. Credit must go to Garry Monk and his staff for this remarkable turn of fortunes in comparison to last season with virtually the same grou

[bcfcfollowers.com]
18:19, Wed 5 Dec
Centre midfield. Saw when Gary G was out how poor we were
23:51, Wed 5 Dec
Musername
Centre midfield. Saw when Gary G was out how poor we were

Agreed, the loss of GG made a big impact. I’ve always rated him, even if that lot down the road didn’t. We’re also rather vulnerable up front, being so heavily reliant on Juke & Che. One hopes that Isaac is making sufficient progress for CM to be the obvious priority.
00:11, Thu 6 Dec
Yes same for me as well we look a different team altogether. Great loan signing GG has turned out to be, one of the best in terms of the impact he's had on our performances.
08:43, Thu 6 Dec
Depends if we offload Jota or Che i guess, we might need to replace one of these?
09:02, Thu 6 Dec
I think whatever we do, we're stumped. We could get a midfielder and Jota gets sold or something we're screwed.

Juke or Adams pick up an injury - screwed again.

Not much to work with tbh. But given the fact we were so light without Gary I would say another controlling playmaker.
09:08, Thu 6 Dec
Vass will be like a new signing in January so will take a bit of pressure off Jute/Che.

I think Monk if he has to, will sell Jota, he'll go for a good price and his wages are quite high.

Monk might look around for a player who can play midfield and can chip in with a couple of goals.
09:11, Thu 6 Dec
A goalkeeper.

(Obvs)
09:20, Thu 6 Dec
“I am not fearful because none of our players are for sale and we can’t afford to lose any players. Everyone is committed here, you can see from their attitude.
“That is something I am not even thinking about, we can’t afford to lose anyone. We don’t have the squad to lose anyone, I think everyone knows that.”

GM
09:43, Thu 6 Dec
Admirable words from Monk and I don't disagree with anything he's said there, but it means nothing given the reality of our situation.
09:55, Thu 6 Dec
Can we send bogle back to free up another space? He's just a waste of a loan.
10:05, Thu 6 Dec
Redditch Blue
Admirable words from Monk and I don't disagree with anything he's said there, but it means nothing given the reality of our situation.

I am not 100% how the FFP punishment system works if im honest (funnily enough GM was saying at the Q&A the last 3 of his car reg is 'FFP' couldnt write it)

But they are already punishing us in feb (and last 2 transfer windows we have been inactive) does this then put us on a clean slate with the FFP once we receive our punishment?
Players will still have 2-3 year contracts to run down it would be unlikely they will pull us back in again next season.

I have heard we do have money behind us we just cant spend it, If this is the case we would be mad to sell at this point as we cant replace..

Unless they slap an embargo on us until the books balance and in that case we would need to sell to get it sorted as soon as possible.

We don't need masses of players and would be stupid to throw around money like we did with Harry but i think Monk is wise to that just 1 or 2 players of his choosing to put the put the cherry on top and think we will have a squad capable of anything & its frustrating its so close yet if we start selling players Monk & his team become unhappy ect it could all unravel quite fast.

I thought they came across v well yesterday, Can see how important Pep and Beattie are also, they are a propa management team rather than one main man barking orders

KRO
Ravel Morrison and an actual Goal Keeper!!!!
10:17, Thu 6 Dec
Difficult to know at this stage, but it depends what you call a clean slate. If/when we are punished in February, then we still have to fall in line with the P&S rules moving forward.

It's all well and good being punished in Feb, but that doesn't give us free reign to do whatever, etc, again. If we are outside the parameters, I would still expect us to have to sell players at some point or else we will be in trouble again. Alternatively, we improve our P&S situation by other means (answers on a postcard please).

One thing worth considering is that our punishment may well be a suspended one in regards points - ie requiring us to have sorted our situation within, say, 12 months, or else points will come off in the future. Again, to me as it stands, the most likely way to remedy that is to sell players.

Would love to be more optimistic and/or be completely wrong with all this. Views from anyone else?
17:43, Thu 6 Dec
StechyBlue
I think whatever we do, we're stumped. We could get a midfielder and Jota gets sold or something we're screwed.

Juke or Adams pick up an injury - screwed again.

Not much to work with tbh. But given the fact we were so light without Gary I would say another controlling playmaker.

To be fair if we sold Jota or Che I’d hope that would generate enough cash to get us at least out of the embargo.