14:56, Thu 6 Dec
Returns Sat.

Now I'm horny.
15:03, Thu 6 Dec
Will he start or will he have to wait for his chance?

Mahoney takes corners from both sides, left foot and right foot, that's gotta get you hard too?
@LeMod1875
15:04, Thu 6 Dec
Nothing turns me on like watching those flowing locks get whisked up in a breeze down that right flank on a cold Saturday afternoon fella.
15:06, Thu 6 Dec
Shouldn't change a winning team.

Jota on the bench for me.
15:08, Thu 6 Dec
Bench for me too.

as you said don't change a winning side.

Coming off the bench after Mahoney has ran them all game.. lovely
16:01, Thu 6 Dec
I always subscribe to playing your best players. He’s one of our best players so has to play.
16:11, Thu 6 Dec
Roger the lodger
I always subscribe to playing your best players. He’s one of our best players so has to play.

#StockdaleIn
DES
17:54, Thu 6 Dec
No, on the bench! Give him 30 mins that should work!

Kro
17:56, Thu 6 Dec
DES
Don’t agree that you should never change a winning team however I think I’d start him on the bench Saturday.

Mahoney’s been great the last few games and I think it would send the wrong message to the fringe players should he automatically be dropped. He’s generally the first to get subbed so Jota will probably still get a good half hour anyway.
17:57, Thu 6 Dec
DES
On the bench, replace either winger with 30 to go.
@Bluewurst1875
18:08, Thu 6 Dec
Will be very surprised if Monk brings him right back in. Doesn't seem his style.
18:11, Thu 6 Dec
Would be very unfair on Con
Twitter: @vivabrownie

Proven wrong on: N/A
20:26, Thu 6 Dec
Don’t agree that you should never change a winning team however I think I’d start him on the bench Saturday.

Mahoney’s been great the last few games and I think it would send the wrong message to the fringe players should he automatically be dropped. He’s generally the first to get subbed so Jota will probably still get a good half hour anyway.

Agree.
21:30, Thu 6 Dec
Le Mod
Mahoney takes corners from both sides, left foot and right foot, that's gotta get you hard too?

A semon for each foot?
No future.....
21:36, Thu 6 Dec
Can you imagine him ringing his mom to tell him he's been dropped?

Doesn't bear thinking about.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
00:04, Fri 7 Dec
People saying we should put by a country mile our best player on the bench

Lol

Mahoney is shite as well FWIW
00:19, Fri 7 Dec
What are you basing Mahoney "being shite" on?
Dong Ren Out.
01:24, Fri 7 Dec
This is Monk's way of fostering a happy camp and keeping the team spirits on a high. We haven't exactly struggled to create and score since Jota stopped for his winter break. If Mahoney can maintain the standard, then its his place to lose. I think there's 6 matches between now and the FA cup.
The Galician Goliath has plenty of opportunities to work his way back into the team. When he came back from the hamstring he was still rusty for a couple of months. Recovering from groin strains can be arduous, if he pushes it to hard, too soon.

"People who want to break into the team and get more minutes, lads who want to fight to keep that shirt - they know the standards we expect on a daily basis and they know that if they slip below those standards then they put themselves at risk. That’s the environment we work in, a healthy conflict.

Whoever is starting the game they support each other, that’s a really good environment to work in."
DES
VILLA WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP DRAWER,
Kro
08:01, Fri 7 Dec
CheswickBlue
Mahoney is shite as well FWIW

I used to agree, I dont any more.
08:20, Fri 7 Dec
On the bench for me. If anything, if we don't NEED to give him a full game it gives him another week to heal with slightly lesser involvement.