00:04, Fri 7 Dec
People saying we should put by a country mile our best player on the bench

Lol

Mahoney is shite as well FWIW
00:19, Fri 7 Dec
What are you basing Mahoney "being shite" on?
Dong Ren Out.
01:24, Fri 7 Dec
This is Monk's way of fostering a happy camp and keeping the team spirits on a high. We haven't exactly struggled to create and score since Jota stopped for his winter break. If Mahoney can maintain the standard, then its his place to lose. I think there's 6 matches between now and the FA cup.
The Galician Goliath has plenty of opportunities to work his way back into the team. When he came back from the hamstring he was still rusty for a couple of months. Recovering from groin strains can be arduous, if he pushes it to hard, too soon.

"People who want to break into the team and get more minutes, lads who want to fight to keep that shirt - they know the standards we expect on a daily basis and they know that if they slip below those standards then they put themselves at risk. That’s the environment we work in, a healthy conflict.

Whoever is starting the game they support each other, that’s a really good environment to work in."
DES
VILLA WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP DRAWER,
Kro
08:01, Fri 7 Dec
CheswickBlue

I used to agree, I dont any more.
08:20, Fri 7 Dec
On the bench for me. If anything, if we don't NEED to give him a full game it gives him another week to heal with slightly lesser involvement.
08:22, Fri 7 Dec
He’s completely both footed, good change of pace, can shoot, cross, can glide past defenders, and he’s only 21.

He’s far from the finished article but he’s also far from shit, hence Bournemouth went out of their way to sign him from Blackburn as a Premier League club.
@LeMod1875
08:25, Fri 7 Dec
He'll start on the bench, you don't change a winning team.
09:03, Fri 7 Dec
Yes bench for me as well but would bring him on early if needed.
09:19, Fri 7 Dec
CheswickBlue

You are funny.
No future.....
09:35, Fri 7 Dec
Le Mod
He’s completely both footed, good change of pace, can shoot, cross, can glide past defenders, and he’s only 21.

He’s far from the finished article but he’s also far from shit, hence Bournemouth went out of their way to sign him from Blackburn as a Premier League club.

He is decent but I also think he needs to start getting his head up a bit sooner, think he can be guilty of trying to do too much, in appose to passing it off to somebody in a better position.

He's shown glimpses though and is still very young.
DES
10:12, Fri 7 Dec
Ches,who said we should put juke on the bench??
Kro
10:30, Fri 7 Dec
He just rarely makes an actual impact on the game, if he's good he's good, but too often he goes missing, maybe shite was the wrong word

DES do you really believe Jota isn't out best player?
DES
10:34, Fri 7 Dec
yes Ches 100% and thats not a wind up, mags is much more effective, however Jota has improved under GM no doubt about it.
Gary Gardner if he maintyains this form will be fighting it out with Che & Juke for POTY.

KRO
10:41, Fri 7 Dec
David Xavis
Returns Sat.

Now I'm horny.

Shouldn't this be on the "celebrity one night stand" thread?
12:14, Fri 7 Dec
DES
yes Ches 100% and thats not a wind up, mags is much more effective, however Jota has improved under GM no doubt about it.
Gary Gardner if he maintyains this form will be fighting it out with Che & Juke for POTY.

KRO

POTY is gonna be hard to choose I reckon. Che unlikely to go the whole season in the form he's in but if he did its his. Juke and GG the more likely candidates but I couldn't choose between them atm.