18:16, Thu 6 Dec
I was invited to go and watch West Ham v. Cardiff on Tuesday evening whilst working down in London. Free booze so thought why not. Some thoughts:

- The ground is just bizarre. You're so far away from the pitch it just feels completely "wrong". Feels like an exhibition match.
- Even though they had various sections of the ground trying to start up songs, it all felt "airy" and they really struggled to generate any atmosphere.
- Cardiff are shite
- West Ham looked decent - Arnoutavic is a right handful, although he's now injured.
- Their fans sang more than our home fans do 😣
- I would be devestated if ever we moved out of Stans for something like their ground. Completely rips the soul out of a club, warts and all
- That said, getting a pint in the ground before the game and during half time was a piece of piss. Only real positive.
- Having to walk through a massive shopping centre to get to a ground is soul destroying.
- I fecking love our shit ground.

Thanks for your time.
18:19, Thu 6 Dec
Oh forgot one, that blowing bubbles song is absolutely dire. I was embarrassed just being there.
18:30, Thu 6 Dec
Westfield is an horrendous place.
18:33, Thu 6 Dec
Ricky Blotto
Oh forgot one, that blowing bubbles song is absolutely dire. I was embarrassed just being there.

I actually dont mind it.
18:36, Thu 6 Dec
It just really wound me up
18:38, Thu 6 Dec
Ricky Blotto
It just really wound me up

It is really, really shit!
18:39, Thu 6 Dec
Don't mind it and it's one of the oldest songs in football, like KRO it's there own and sung with pride, agree with the comments on the ground though, too far away from the pitch.

KRO
18:40, Thu 6 Dec
To be fair, I guess at least they actually have a song unlike in aston.
19:17, Thu 6 Dec
Ricky Blotto
I was invited to go and watch West Ham v. Cardiff on Tuesday evening whilst working down in London. Free booze so thought why not. Some thoughts:

- The ground is just bizarre. You're so far away from the pitch it just feels completely "wrong". Feels like an exhibition match.
I've only been there for the athletics but what I cannot understand is why the architect was allowed to produce such shallow seating. Like the old Wembley. Which means that everyone is miles away.

The Millennium in Cardiff had it much better. Make it vertiginous so you feel part of the action.
19:20, Thu 6 Dec
Hope it's on telly
DES
19:35, Thu 6 Dec
But please don’t forget, the deal to take it over was soo good hammers couldn’t say no!
They rent it for about 2/6 per week (old money lads) while spurs who they beat to the punch have paid a billion NOT to have a ground four years later🤣
Just shows how IDIOTIC red ken and specifically stupid Seb were in building an athletic stadium ( with our money) that had no future use!

Kro
19:52, Thu 6 Dec
Do they still pipe the crowd singing through the PA to increase or make an artificial athmosphere ?
19:58, Thu 6 Dec
DES
The spurs stadium is magnificent and will be money well spent whilst west ham is and always will be a pile of shite !
19:59, Thu 6 Dec
Hawaii Blue
Do they still pipe the crowd singing through the PA to increase or make an artificial athmosphere ?
Yeh, and count all the empty seats as fans 🤤
20:07, Thu 6 Dec
DES
West Ham’s stadium is horrific
Spurs stadium is one of the best in sport

Not sure the extra money in the bank counts for much.

Hating your own stadium doesn’t seem like a price worth paying for a stronger balance sheet.
@LeMod1875
20:14, Thu 6 Dec
Ding Dong ! And thats the knockout. 😂
20:18, Thu 6 Dec
👍
21:03, Thu 6 Dec
West Ham are only tenants in that ground as well aren’t they?
DES
21:35, Thu 6 Dec
Greebo they are upping the capacity this close season, is that to accommodate empty seats🤣

Kro
DES
21:36, Thu 6 Dec
Le mod, repeat that again when they sell Kane ali & Erickson to balance the books⚽️
Kro