21:47, Thu 6 Dec
DES
No chance of that happening, so you’re alright.
@LeMod1875
21:52, Thu 6 Dec
‘Vertiginous’...lovely word👍🏼
"I'm like King Midas in reverse, here. Everything I touch turns to shit..."
Tony Soprano
DES
22:40, Thu 6 Dec
Le Mod
No chance of that happening, so you’re alright.
I hope not le mod, Spurs was first team that got me interested in footy. Can still recall team off top of my head
Brown
Baker
Henry
Blanchflower ( c)
Norman
Mackay
Dyson
Greaves
Smith
White
Jones
Regular reserves
John Smith
Tony marchi
Les Allen
Terry dyson.
How about that fat bud?
Not bad for a senile old git👍
Kro
23:12, Thu 6 Dec
A good summary, Ricky. I think I agree with everything you said. It was good for the Olympics but not at all suited to football. Wet Spam fans will keep going there, but will never take real ownership of the ground
and feel that it’s their home.
The Millennium Stadium, or whatever it’s called this season, is fabulous and the benchmark for football/rugby imho.
But I LOVE StAns. It’s always felt like home.
23:19, Thu 6 Dec
DES
Upton Park was a propa football ground; I was sorry when West Ham stopped playing there. Especially as it was replaced by a soulless bowl of a stadium.

If we ever did something similar, I’d seriously consider giving up my Season Ticket. It’s like The Kassam Stadium; it must be very disheartening to watch Oxford there regularly!

As for ‘Blowing Bubbles’, I think it’s defin got s place in football. It’s West Ham’s song. How many clubs have a chant which is theirs and theirs only?
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
23:25, Thu 6 Dec
Remember the controversy of the move and an imprint of the Olympic stadium was placed over the Boleyn ground.

The front row behind the goal was outside the turnstile of the Boleyn lol.

Would love to see that again. We dodged a bullet there folks
23:33, Thu 6 Dec
Remember the controversy of the move and an imprint of the Olympic stadium was placed over the Boleyn ground.

The front row behind the goal was outside the turnstile of the Boleyn lol.

Would love to see that again. We dodged a bullet there folks

Linked Image
00:06, Fri 7 Dec
DES
I went to the Boleyn ground (Upton park) in 1964 my first away match.

What a terrific atmosphere, we were in a stand they called the
" chicken run " we lost 2-1.
They had won the cup the year before and Harry Redknap was playing. Can't beat the traditional grounds!!
07:33, Fri 7 Dec
It's not they've already announced TV games
07:41, Fri 7 Dec
I think it very much depends. The stadium they’re in was never designed for football as the primary event, thus it’s not really a football stadium. There are plenty of newer, purpose built stadiums that have an atmosphere.

Personally I’d like to see the main stand redeveloped one day and I’d be happy. Not like we are going to be getting 50k any time soon anyway so pointless moving.
DES
07:50, Fri 7 Dec
Kristofer, never say never!
Many of us have been in 50k+ @ stans.
I recall hammers averaging 250000 back in the day before Gullivans resurrected them, now they are looking for sixty thousand capacity!

Kro
08:00, Fri 7 Dec
DES
Shows how feckin useless the Gollivans are - reducing attendances by 75% plus!

You might as well say never DES. Blues have been an unfashionable (and largely unsuccessful) club for almost all of the prime media age for football. Unless we get the world's richest man buying the club and throwing billions at it, we will struggle to grow our matchday support. Old fans die off and are not being replaced by youngsters at the same rate....and less of the local population has footie as their main sport.

DES
Kristofer, never say never!
Many of us have been in 50k+ @ stans.
I recall hammers averaging 250000 back in the day before Gullivans resurrected them, now they are looking for sixty thousand capacity!

Kro
DES
08:01, Fri 7 Dec
Monky Nut

They had won the cup the year before and Harry Redknap was playing. Can't beat the traditional grounds!!
Was that in the fa cup monkey? Or was that year later? Think we lost 3.2, pretty sure our ‘Arry didn’t debut till after World Cup though! Just checked he played in 65 but not 64.
Kro
08:18, Fri 7 Dec
DES
Well done Des, as a reward I’ll let you use my West Ham season ticket

[westhamworld.co.uk]
@LeMod1875
08:26, Fri 7 Dec
DES
I bet the O's are happy they didn't get to ground share this sh1t tip
08:41, Fri 7 Dec
Songs alright but whoever decided to have kiddies bubbles all over the gaff should be shot
09:27, Fri 7 Dec
B13blues
Songs alright but whoever decided to have kiddies bubbles all over the gaff should be shot
09:37, Fri 7 Dec
DES
DES
Monky Nut

Was that in the fa cup monkey? Or was that year later? Think we lost 3.2, pretty sure our ‘Arry didn’t debut till after World Cup though! Just checked he played in 65 but not 64.
Kro
It was in the league 64/65 . I've just spoken to my brother who went with me and he reckons that it was a winger called Sealy that I may be getting mixed up with Redknap.
It was later visits that we saw Harry play!!
09:41, Fri 7 Dec
Tbf West Hams ground was built for the Olympics not football...
09:43, Fri 7 Dec
DES
250k?