22:04, Thu 6 Dec
Osterberg
Regrettably it’s true and for many of us, our first tentative steps into punk were through Buzzcocks: curiously most of their singles I bought from Easy Listening in Acocks Green village.

RIP Pete. Singles Going Steady in particular is a classic. Then there’s Spiral Scratch, Kitchen.....

Always sad news.

Easy listening record shop, God that brings back memories.
22:05, Thu 6 Dec
lowercaser
What a great band he fronted.

RIP and all that but let's not too carried away here - they were basically one hit wonders.

Jedward had more success - whether they made a greater contribution is obviously purely subjective.

That’s a bit harsh. They must have had about 4-5 hit singles early days.
22:07, Thu 6 Dec
The Original Ramones, Joe Strummer and now Pete Shelley.
This is the start of our heroes dropping like flies.

I pray Jet Black is taking it easy in his allotment.
they were basically one hit wonders

....feck off!
22:16, Thu 6 Dec

RIP and all that but let's not too carried away here - they were basically one hit wonders.

Jedward had more success - whether they made a greater contribution is obviously purely subjective.

What?

RIP to Pete Shelley, who was absolutely at the forefront of Punk, and penned many many ditties. Buzzcocks as well as solo
@Bluewurst1875
they were basically one hit wonders

....feck off!

This with knobs on ... a hit factory on his own ! You can’t compare anything from nowadays that basically only has to have three FB likes to be in the charts
22:24, Thu 6 Dec

Ever Fallen In Love With Someone
22:28, Thu 6 Dec
What Do I Get
22:30, Thu 6 Dec

Love You More
22:32, Thu 6 Dec
Orgasm Addict

22:35, Thu 6 Dec
I Don’t Mind

22:38, Thu 6 Dec

Not a huge fan, but yer talking cobblers there old boy
22:39, Thu 6 Dec
Autonomy dedicated to the passing of Joe strummer

22:40, Thu 6 Dec
Wow! That version of Orgasm Addict is wild! I considered pogo-ing into the Christmas tree. Thanks for posting.
22:42, Thu 6 Dec
Everybody’s Happy Nowadays

22:44, Thu 6 Dec
Looking at some recent pics of him it’s a warning to all the fat middle aged bastards you see down the Blues. Look in the mirror and if you look remotely like him, change yer lifestyle.
22:49, Thu 6 Dec
I also used to have the bootlegs you could get on cassette from adverts in the NME in the late 70s: Time’s Up, Razor Cuts and Best in Good Food.

Anyone else have them?
22:50, Thu 6 Dec

If you don't have any idea of what you're talking about why don't you just stay silent? You don't have to prove what a berk you are.

FWIW The Buzzcocks had 6 top 40 singles and influenced countless bands and individual artists. Jedward had 2 top 40 singles and influenced nothing and nobody of any worth. You may take them as an inspiration but that proves my point ;)