10:29, Thu 3 Jan
Have to watch it in catch up then.

I though them looking for a house was a spoof
@Bluewurst1875
10:29, Thu 3 Jan
So, spoof or not? if it's a spoof I'd watch it, if not...that Corden is the biggest celebrity arse licker out there, so I can imagine.
No, no house hunting on it.

Though this one I believe was not shown that recently and when it was it was a late night BBC4 thing to not much reaction.

It has now been seen by so many due to it's reaction on social medical every time someone else watches it. Gone absolutely viral.
I've just read an NME article with many quotes on. It can't be anything other than a spoof.
10:49, Thu 3 Jan
JCL
JCL
I saw Bros back in the day. They were performing live at the Going Live outside broadcast at the Avoncroft museum.
Many blue jeans!

Did you go to South Bromsgrove High School?
JCL
10:55, Thu 3 Jan
fradge
JCL
I saw Bros back in the day. They were performing live at the Going Live outside broadcast at the Avoncroft museum.
Many blue jeans!

Did you go to South Bromsgrove High School?

Nope, I was a Waseley boy!
I don't know what the feck you just said little man, but you're special
11:06, Thu 3 Jan
Oldham
I've just read an NME article with many quotes on. It can't be anything other than a spoof.

it geniunely isnt, although i can see why you'd think it is from the quotes.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
12:55, Thu 3 Jan
The times tv critic said it was a documentary not to be missed at the end of his review.
DES
23:49, Thu 3 Jan
To use modern idiom it was an hour of my life I can never get back, such a pair of snowflakes, egos that shattered easier than glass!
Kro
10:16, Fri 4 Jan
DES
There are some hilarious moments, particularly when he is showing them around his house, and some of the “philosophical” are straight up Brent or Partridge.

However, to against the grain, I actually thought it was a good documentary and I found myself rooting for them at the end.
10:19, Fri 4 Jan
DES
Don't think I'll bother then with this insight of these two modern musical legends. Anything to do with that Corden tends to get up my snotter anyway.
What it did also show is that they're pretty good musicians. I suppose they were just as boy bands were becoming boy groups. Duran Duran were a full piece ensemble, Bros only had a rhythm section. And by the time they came to Take That the sole contribution was dancing.
[www.nme.com]

A good interview with the director.

Clearly it wasn't a spoof but the most quotable lines came from hours and hours of interview footage edited.
10:06, Fri 11 Jan
bluearmyfaction
What it did also show is that they're pretty good musicians. I suppose they were just as boy bands were becoming boy groups. Duran Duran were a full piece ensemble, Bros only had a rhythm section. And by the time they came to Take That the sole contribution was dancing.

In defence of Take That, Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow became prolific pop song writers/performers.

The irony is Barlow was ridiculed because he couldn’t dance.
10:11, Fri 11 Jan
Did Robbie Williams write any songs? I always thought that Chambers chap did all of his. If he did, then he's gone up slightly in my estimations (albeit still a bit of a bellend)
@LeMod1875
10:17, Fri 11 Jan
Williams co wrote loads with Chambers, most notably Angels, Kids (With Kylie), Millenium, Let Me Entertain You.

As Le Mod said an ego the size of the Chrysler building.
JCL
10:23, Fri 11 Jan
You do need a massive ego to be single frontman, or any band front man.
Imagine it’s hard to strut your stuff to 10’s of thousands of people without fully believing you are awesome, also pretty hard to think you’re not awesome when you have 10’s of thousands of people paying to see you and screaming your name.

I’m not a fan of their music but I respect what they have been able to achieve.

Gary Barlow has written all sorts of musicals and whatnot. Whilst you may not like them or their music, I think it is pretty harsh to say they are not talented. (if anyone has said that)
I don't know what the feck you just said little man, but you're special
10:33, Fri 11 Jan
1 Banana
Williams co wrote loads with Chambers, most notably Angels

I think Ray Heffernan would request some of the credit tbf
10:53, Fri 11 Jan
He's credited on them, but Elvis was credited on his singles too.

You can see how Williams' sales drop like a stone as soon as he quit using Chambers. Shows where the real songwriting talent was.
15:07, Fri 11 Jan
bluearmyfaction
He's credited on them, but Elvis was credited on his singles too.

You can see how Williams' sales drop like a stone as soon as he quit using Chambers. Shows where the real songwriting talent was.

I’m not 100% sure but I think Williams wrote the lyrics rather than the music.