19:23, Tue 8 Jan
No not the age old rebuild the main stand debate but jesus h surely it can be re-shelled and done up without being extended?
Dong Ren OUT!
mad
19:39, Tue 8 Jan
Little point in a new shell so long as bits don't start flying off and landing on wolves fans like happened in the late 1990's. I'd go for safe standing at the front of the main stand though (increase capacity by 2 or 3k) and perhaps move the dugouts across to the kop side
19:55, Tue 8 Jan
mad
Yeah we should probably reskin the whole ground whilst we're absolutely minted.
20:10, Tue 8 Jan
This is what Plymouth are doing ay the minute, saving them a small fortune. Personally I can see us ending up with a Watford permanently temporary type of stand at best.
mad
22:31, Tue 8 Jan
Having looked at that Plymouth piece I now agree would be a great way to use £1m. Lifting the old roof would open up the use of some of those seats at the very back of the main stand which are currently restricted view but with a new roof could be prime seating numbering a couple of hundred of those up there.

Is the old roof listed?
22:34, Tue 8 Jan
mad
I don’t think that any of the old stand is listed, it’s the houses behind it that are.
22:40, Tue 8 Jan
I don't think for one minute the owners are bothered about spending money on this.

No return is there, won't get us closer to the Prem.

Our ground looks very very tired now.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
22:42, Tue 8 Jan
mad
mad
Having looked at that Plymouth piece I now agree would be a great way to use £1m. Lifting the old roof would open up the use of some of those seats at the very back of the main stand which are currently restricted view but with a new roof could be prime seating numbering a couple of hundred of those up there.

Is the old roof listed?

Is there a link to what Plymouth are doing for £1m?

I could only see a £6m redesign.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
22:42, Tue 8 Jan
I don’t think that any of the old stand is listed, it’s the houses behind it that are.

The houses behind aren't actually 'listed' just 'locally listed' which just means the council think they are of architectural or historical interest but it doesn't actually have any legal powers to protect the buildings.
DES
23:19, Tue 8 Jan
mad
mad
Little point in a new shell so long as bits don't start flying off and landing on wolves fans like happened in the late 1990's. I'd go for safe standing at the front of the main stand though (increase capacity by 2 or 3k) and perhaps move the dugouts across to the kop side
This post is brill!
Well said mad!
Send it to the club! Great idea!
Kro
01:04, Wed 9 Jan
Typical Birmingham council, Not interested in anything to do with our club apart from putting up stumbling blocks.
06:59, Wed 9 Jan
mad
That wasnt late 90s mate i was at that match sitting in olimpic gallery when it blew off. That was about 2005?
07:20, Wed 9 Jan
DES
DES
mad
This post is brill!
Well said mad!
Send it to the club! Great idea!
Kro
Agreed 👍👍
Edit: having said that, wouldn't it obscure the view from the executive boxes?
07:52, Wed 9 Jan
It was 2002 - [www.theguardian.com]
09:17, Wed 9 Jan
Great archive reading as much as we hate the sullivans and golds of these worlds we had life alot less stressful back then. Good teams good atmosphere didnt really spend but not many did almost 18 years back.