Bravo Zulu
DES
mad
Little point in a new shell so long as bits don't start flying off and landing on wolves fans like happened in the late 1990's. I'd go for safe standing at the front of the main stand though (increase capacity by 2 or 3k) and perhaps move the dugouts across to the kop side
This post is brill!
Well said mad!
Send it to the club! Great idea!
Kro
Agreed πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edit: having said that, wouldn't it obscure the view from the executive boxes?

Apart from safe standing does not increase a capacity at all.

You stand in the space you would of your seat.
In most safe standing stands you have a seat behind you that is folded away locked that of course can be pulled out and used generally for UEFA regulated games.

[en.wikipedia.org]
14:47, Wed 9 Jan
StechyBlue
I don't think for one minute the owners are bothered about spending money on this.

No return is there, won't get us closer to the Prem.

Our ground looks very very tired now.

I agree mate. Was casually looking around whilst in the loos in the kop and the general painting / state of repair was pretty disgraceful.
Breeze block with a bit of blue paint slapped on it might fly back in the day, but these days it just makes us look tinpot - and seeing our accounts as of late, we are.

Agree with this. The Kop and Tilton need a makeover, peeling paintwork, leaking roof (usually straight on top of my seat) and mildewed skylights in the roof. The state of the snack bar areas is disgusting, I'm not sure they would pass a public health hygiene test. And don't get me started on the so called Main Stand, its an embarrassment.
15:02, Wed 9 Jan
StechyBlue
I don't think for one minute the owners are bothered about spending money on this.

No return is there, won't get us closer to the Prem.

Our ground looks very very tired now.

I agree mate. Was casually looking around whilst in the loos in the kop and the general painting / state of repair was pretty disgraceful.
Breeze block with a bit of blue paint slapped on it might fly back in the day, but these days it just makes us look tinpot - and seeing our accounts as of late, we are.

I noticed also, the screen in the kop bar area had water marks all over it, and as i looked up at the corregated plastic roof with thick moss and hardened bird shit all over it, i thought to myself, the sooner we get out of this absolute dump the better (the ground and the area).

Not gonna happen in my lifetime i reckon - and i've only just hit 30.
Another legacy of the Dildo brothers 'spend it on the cheapest available' policy. For a ground that was 3/4 redeveloped inside the last 25 years, it's a effin state tbf, when you look round the place
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Shaun of Brum (in London)
Bravo Zulu
DES
mad
Little point in a new shell so long as bits don't start flying off and landing on wolves fans like happened in the late 1990's. I'd go for safe standing at the front of the main stand though (increase capacity by 2 or 3k) and perhaps move the dugouts across to the kop side
This post is brill!
Well said mad!
Kro
Agreed πŸ‘πŸ‘

In most safe standing stands you have a seat behind you that is folded away locked that of course can be pulled out and used generally for UEFA regulated games.

[en.wikipedia.org]
That's not actually true, a risk assessment gets done at every ground. At hangover its 2 people to 1 seat. It wouldn't be that here but it isn't going to be 1 person per seat either.

Further reading:

[www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk]
15:16, Wed 9 Jan
Bravo Zulu
Shaun of Brum (in London)
Bravo Zulu
DES
mad
This post is brill!
Well said mad!
Kro
Agreed πŸ‘πŸ‘

[en.wikipedia.org]
That's not actually true, a risk assessment gets done at every ground. At hangover its 2 people to 1 seat. It wouldn't be that here but it isn't going to be 1 person per seat either.

Further reading:

[www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk]
Hanging over seats is ridiculous
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
15:32, Wed 9 Jan
Bloody autoerection!
15:32, Wed 9 Jan
Bravo Zulu
Bloody autoerection!
πŸ˜†
15:54, Wed 9 Jan
Blimey that did look good. Looks like the bin men weren't on strike at the time either.
15:58, Wed 9 Jan

Looks alright but I want out of the area. I can't see what they could do to St Ans to give it a fresh feel. It's not just the structure that looks tired it's everything from the bogs to catering, to the fecking parking around the place... Updating it would be slap dash. St Ans has had its day... New investors, new ideas and proper vision is needed etc.

NEC area would suit me :D good access to shops, the lake, space to build a nice ground (I think), Blaa blaa bla bla bla, you name it.

I realise this is just a pipe dream and we've got more chance of winning the FA cup, but I also sometimes look at £2m houses just to tease myself.
16:03, Wed 9 Jan
There’s not a lot left under there anymore tbh, the old police unit and stewards office are now in the Kop and Railway corner.

They still do the pre and post match press conferences, manager interviews and all of the media stuff is up there as well.

Spent a lot of time down there with my grandad when he was a steward and I was ball noting about 15-20 years ago.
DES
16:39, Wed 9 Jan
Rab, the ground looked epic when it was three quarters completed! Youve just got your spite hat on again!

KRO
17:13, Wed 9 Jan
DES
And it hasn't aged well
18:30, Wed 9 Jan
I think the railway is shit. Wouldn't look so bad if the main stand is knocked down and rebuilt to mirror how the kop flows to the tilton. Railway shouldn't have been so square and the old logo used on the seats looks crap.
19:06, Wed 9 Jan
πŸ‘
DES
19:15, Wed 9 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
And it hasn't aged well
No, we have to agree there!πŸ‘
Kro
20:57, Wed 9 Jan
DES
Bit like Brady herself 😁 and that's being kind.
21:58, Wed 9 Jan
Block23one
I don’t think that any of the old stand is listed, it’s the houses behind it that are.

I think they are only grade 3, so an application wouldn't be turned down if the club agreed to house and compensate the current residents.
22:09, Wed 9 Jan
Block23one
I don’t think that any of the old stand is listed, it’s the houses behind it that are.

I think they are only grade 3, so an application wouldn't be turned down if the club agreed to house and compensate the current residents.

I know this is all hypothetical but the owners of reading this thread must be thinking...what the eff are these lot on?

Before you know it the mail will be running a story about plans for new stadium.
00:57, Thu 10 Jan
Planning permission has been granted years ago. Its easily done and we could convert that stand into something great.

I could increase the capacity by 3 k, virtually overnight just by ripping out the row of boxes and re-jigging the seating.
DES
VILLA WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP DRAWER,
Kro