16:03, Wed 9 Jan
There’s not a lot left under there anymore tbh, the old police unit and stewards office are now in the Kop and Railway corner.

They still do the pre and post match press conferences, manager interviews and all of the media stuff is up there as well.

Spent a lot of time down there with my grandad when he was a steward and I was ball noting about 15-20 years ago.
DES
16:39, Wed 9 Jan
Rab, the ground looked epic when it was three quarters completed! Youve just got your spite hat on again!

KRO
17:13, Wed 9 Jan
DES
And it hasn't aged well
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
18:30, Wed 9 Jan
I think the railway is shit. Wouldn't look so bad if the main stand is knocked down and rebuilt to mirror how the kop flows to the tilton. Railway shouldn't have been so square and the old logo used on the seats looks crap.
19:06, Wed 9 Jan
👍
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
DES
19:15, Wed 9 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
And it hasn't aged well
No, we have to agree there!👍
Kro
20:57, Wed 9 Jan
DES
Bit like Brady herself 😁 and that's being kind.
21:58, Wed 9 Jan
Block23one
I don’t think that any of the old stand is listed, it’s the houses behind it that are.

I think they are only grade 3, so an application wouldn't be turned down if the club agreed to house and compensate the current residents.
22:09, Wed 9 Jan
Block23one
I don’t think that any of the old stand is listed, it’s the houses behind it that are.

I think they are only grade 3, so an application wouldn't be turned down if the club agreed to house and compensate the current residents.

I know this is all hypothetical but the owners of reading this thread must be thinking...what the eff are these lot on?

Before you know it the mail will be running a story about plans for new stadium.
00:57, Thu 10 Jan
Planning permission has been granted years ago. Its easily done and we could convert that stand into something great.

I could increase the capacity by 3 k, virtually overnight just by ripping out the row of boxes and re-jigging the seating.
DES
VILLA WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP DRAWER,
Kro
DES
07:52, Thu 10 Jan
Foghorn,
Don’t think it’s wuite that easy, PP doesn’t last forever, and those residents could and would object if new stand was higher!
No way would blues contemplate moving the boxes either,
So yes I’m in favour but not as simple a task as many suggesting!
Kro
08:15, Thu 10 Jan
DES
Those listed buildings are part of Brum's recent history anyway so should remain as they are and not flattened for a football club. Enough damage has been done in Birmingham over the years by councils etc that don't care about local history. Make do with the land we've got as far as I'm concerned. Got to be said though that St Andrews is looking extremely tired at the moment and the fact it was done on the cheap really shows.
09:01, Thu 10 Jan
DES
Yeah but if they object?

"Zulus gonna get ya!"
Dong Ren OUT!
13:14, Fri 11 Jan
foghorn leghorn
Planning permission has been granted years ago. Its easily done and we could convert that stand into something great.

I could increase the capacity by 3 k, virtually overnight just by ripping out the row of boxes and re-jigging the seating.

They could even make a steep two tiered stand maybe
16:04, Fri 11 Jan
You can as they say polish a turd all you like !!