11:04, Wed 9 Jan
Recently, definitely Macheda and Toral.

Though I think we were unable to sign either given our finances.

I'd still have Toral now.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
11:10, Wed 9 Jan
Can't believe nobody has said Mauro Zarate
11:11, Wed 9 Jan
Les Sealey did ok and enjoyed the banter with the fans.
11:15, Wed 9 Jan
number8
Didn't we get Bull on loan, he went back, then we signed him later on?

As for Burchill, a delegation of players went to Francis to complain about the wages Burchill was being offered, and we ended up not signing him.

Yes mate, we did sign Gary Bull. Naturally, he failed to replicate the form he showed when on loan.
@stevanderman
11:16, Wed 9 Jan
CheswickBlue
Can't believe nobody has said Mauro Zarate

Never a sniff of a chance was there?

Plus we were relegated.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
DES
11:26, Wed 9 Jan
Ribeye
I thought your pals Gold & Sully wouldn't cough up the pennies for the transfer fee?

I was at WHL when him and Dele ripped Tottenham to shreds in the cup.
no it was wages and Trev was angry as fook over it!

KRO
11:35, Wed 9 Jan
Michael Carrick.
11:44, Wed 9 Jan
Nobody for Chucho then? -what a player .If we had signed him then perhaps the poor sod wouldn't be brown bread
11:44, Wed 9 Jan
Siggy Rushfeldt... scored loads and won trophies galore everywhere he played bar Blues but was part of Barry Fry's crazily inflated squad of 40+ players so didn't get much of a look in with us. Apparently played his part in the battle of Ancona to boot.. quite literally :-)
11:45, Wed 9 Jan
Jesse Lingard
DES
11:46, Wed 9 Jan
Pathfinder
Chucho

Not trying to be ironic. He was a great player for us and we should have signed him on the deal we agreed.

Sadly mate, that deal couldnt be completed for any number of reasons, Dont get me wrong I liked the guy but
couldnt score consistently
could hardly shoot, was that long term knee injury a cause?
Alex alledgedly wasnt impressed with his training efforts
Chuchou didn't bother continuing with his English lessons
Sully wanted to massively reduce transfer fee.

no one else came in for him from the Prem, so think others felt the same!

KRO
11:50, Wed 9 Jan
Quincy Owusu-Abeyie
DES
11:58, Wed 9 Jan
Predator
Quincy Owusu-Abeyie
Good shout for remembering the name, the player however wasnt memorable!

KRO
12:05, Wed 9 Jan
DES
That’s you’re opinion and you don’t like attacking flair type players. Quincy was underrated.
12:22, Wed 9 Jan
DES
DES
Pathfinder
Chucho

Not trying to be ironic. He was a great player for us and we should have signed him on the deal we agreed.

Sadly mate, that deal couldnt be completed for any number of reasons, Dont get me wrong I liked the guy but
couldnt score consistently
could hardly shoot, was that long term knee injury a cause?
Alex alledgedly wasnt impressed with his training efforts
Chuchou didn't bother continuing with his English lessons
Sully wanted to massively reduce transfer fee.

no one else came in for him from the Prem, so think others felt the same

KRO

Could well be, but personally I felt it was a mistake and we missed Chucho the following season when we were relegated, he was a pest to opposition defences thereby creating opportunities for others, and played a big part in the "unbeatables" run of form. We all know strikers will have some seasons where the goals flow and other where they have to work harder for them, and don't forget it was his first season in the English Premier.
12:24, Wed 9 Jan
DES
The threads not about WHY we didn't sign players its about players we should have signed .I wouldn't give a toss whether Chucho couldn't speak a word of English and whether his training regime was 10 pints of Ansells and 40 players . Plus I didn't care that he couldn't score in a brothel -when he played someone else scored because Chucho hed made the space by pulling the defence all over the shop.

His contribution is vastly underrated .Stats show that generally when he played we got a result and when he didn't then not so much .
13:04, Wed 9 Jan
Wilson Palacios, absolutely brilliant on loan for us, wouldn't pay the 1 million fee and he went on to Wigan.

Spurs then signed him for over 12 million and then Stoke for another 8 million.

Only Blues could do that...
13:09, Wed 9 Jan
Good shout that, I forgot about Palacios
13:13, Wed 9 Jan
Predator
That’s you’re opinion and you don’t like attacking flair type players. Quincy was underrated.

I liked Quincy

Absolutely rapid too if I remember correctly
13:16, Wed 9 Jan
Predator
Quincy Owusu-Abeyie

Personally thought he was poor.