18:39, Wed 9 Jan
Caddis. I know we were poor but I thought who the feck is this bloke we're getting from Swindon. Legend
DB
18:40, Wed 9 Jan
I get a semi every time I hear his name.

What a game. What a goal. What a moment.
The Usual Suspect
18:45, Wed 9 Jan
Juke all day.

2 years he hadn't scored for or something silly? Been a revelation and does so much more than score goals.

Julian Gray was decent too, on his day, and scored against the shite.
DES
19:17, Wed 9 Jan
Dave, every blues player who scored against vile is an all time hero to me.. except bloody Julian.. wtf didn’t he Square it to Clinton!
That would have been his third against him!
I loved Clinton, worked his rocks off!
Kro
19:31, Wed 9 Jan
mattt
King Kenny - wouldn't say I didn't rate him or was unhappy with his signing, but no way thought he'd be as good as he turned out to be.

cunningham was magnificent for blues. what a player.

and he had every right to take a parting shot at the shysters in charge at the time.
"supporters should be patient a little while longer - sunshine days are just around the corner."
Ken Wheldon - March 18th 1988
19:53, Wed 9 Jan
WorcsBlues
Funky Furlong, crushing disappointment when a 'big signing' from Chelsea was muted by the then board of directors but, left a big impression, & did us a great turn, not seen anyone with bigger thighs than he, either previously or since, proper 'man mountain' who looked after himself.
Obafemi 💙 had huge thighs compared to Furlong

Linked Image
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
19:54, Wed 9 Jan
Gary Gardner
DES
21:07, Wed 9 Jan
Very good shout! I expected nothing when we signed him!
Kro
08:24, Thu 10 Jan
DES
David Murphy, first couple of seasons with us I thought he was awful, then became almost overnight one of the first names on the teamsheet, was genuinely gutted when he finished.
10:12, Thu 10 Jan
Curtis Fleming. When we signed him my heart sank because I really thought he was crap every time I'd seen him play.

Yet he played really well for us.
12:27, Thu 10 Jan
Spike
Curtis Fleming. When we signed him my heart sank because I really thought he was crap every time I'd seen him play.

Yet he played really well for us.

Vickers who we signed at the same time was quality.
12:30, Thu 10 Jan
Trevor Aylott
12:43, Thu 10 Jan
In this team? Gary Gardner, Lee Camp, Lukas Jutkiewicz.

In the past? Paul Caddis, Clayton Donaldson, Demarai Gray (always thought Redmond would be more successful), David Murphy
December 7 2018, about vile:
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
I'd be surprised if they lose another game this season
DES
12:53, Thu 10 Jan
Bluesince62
David Murphy, first couple of seasons with us I thought he was awful, then became almost overnight one of the first names on the teamsheet, was genuinely gutted when he finished.
So right!
By the time he finished he was on his way to hero status with us!
Big Ecks love3 child he was called when we signed him, if Carr & he had kept fot they would have been up there as our best full back pairing ever!

KRO
14:02, Thu 10 Jan
DES
Roger Willis!

We all thought he was shite first time we saw him, then he just went on a roll scoring in almost every game....was gutted when Barry Fry released him the following season.
14:29, Thu 10 Jan
Lee Bowyer's got to be on this list. Terrible reputation before arriving, questionable personality both on and off the pitch, but he was excellent for us and never any trouble.
DES
14:47, Thu 10 Jan
Bowyer’s range of goals! Awesome!
Brilliant signing!
Kro
18:19, Thu 10 Jan
bluer than blues
Lee Bowyer's got to be on this list. Terrible reputation before arriving, questionable personality both on and off the pitch, but he was excellent for us and never any trouble.

Not at all. The bloke was a brilliant footballer who we could have had in his prime but for people protesting against us signing him.
00:39, Fri 11 Jan
Chris Burke for me. Wasn't really a player I had heard of before we signed him. But during that Hughton season he was brilliant on the right wing.

He's quite recognisable as a player but I couldn't ever recall him playing as well for any other team.
02:49, Fri 11 Jan
Marlon King.

He was trouble and I thought his ego would be too big for where we were but Christ he worked his socks off and aside for one or two (forsell,Phillips) i’ve Never seen a better finisher down the blues.

Barry Ferguson,
Thought he was past it, he was just getting started.

Jose Domingues.
I thought he’d be our saviour..... he wasn’t.

Steve Claridge,

I stupidly thought he’d be the guy that would score the goals each season to get us up? Buggered off in a heart beat.

Mathew Upson

Thought he was as all about reviving his career but he put in one hell of a season for us, full blooded but with skill to boot, what I’d give fore a centre back like that now.