10:49, Thu 10 Jan
Just to bring the thread back down to earth a bit, when I was 14 Burton were in the same division as Tamworth. So they've done really, really well to get where they are today.

Getting a kicking at the hands of one of the most expensive teams in the world isn't classless or belittling, but a sign of just how far Burton have gone, and how far they and other teams have still got to go to get to where the likes of Man City are.

As the countless vidoes of other teams getting a hammering show, football is a game of ups and downs. One match you're the fly and the next match you're the windscreen. Cest le football.
H Bomb on DES "I'm actually ashamed to support the same club as you"
11:16, Thu 10 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Yet Sterling plays. This thread is so snowflakey. Guardiola will play players he thinks good enough. English or not

The point is not about whether he will play English players or not. Of course he will; why wouldn't he?

It's whether he will bring the young players through quick enough.

Guards was clearly annoyed at Diaz leaving, yet missed the opportunity to give Foden a full game.

If I was Foden, I'd be asking to go out on loan (or for a transfer).

That is all.
11:16, Thu 10 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Yet Sterling plays. This thread is so snowflakey. Guardiola will play players he thinks good enough. English or not

Fair point, although Sterling was already fairly proven at Premier League level with Liverpool. My concern with Foden is less about Guardiola “not playing English players” because that’s demonstrably not true; it’s more about Guardiola being reluctant to play Foden from the start because of his age, whereas there’s more probability he’d get those starts elsewhere because he hasn’t got the likes of D Silva, B Silva, De Bruyne, Fernandinho to compete with.

Send the lad on loan for a season until D Silva retires and if he’s proven to be consistently good at that level then their replacement is ready made.
Is love really real, and can any of us hope for redemption? Or are we all merely biding our time down to the lonely conclusion?
11:18, Thu 10 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt

Can you explain how this thread is 'snowflakey'?

Have you got a new definition of it?
11:20, Thu 10 Jan
He’ll replace Silva, who is 33 and will go back to Spain within 2 years.

This. There is no way Pep is playing Foden just to keep him interested, its to develop and use him. Players tend to come through a bit later in Spain, I reckon he's looking at Foden hitting his peak years in that centre midfield.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
11:51, Thu 10 Jan
fradge
Rab C Nesbitt

People wetting themselves because a football team played for 90 minutes and didn’t concede. If they had have done some of the same people would have moaned they took the piss by tossing the 2nd half off.
It’s ridiculous
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
15:57, Thu 10 Jan
Just to bring the thread back down to earth a bit, when I was 14 Burton were in the same division as Tamworth. So they've done really, really well to get where they are today.

Getting a kicking at the hands of one of the most expensive teams in the world isn't classless or belittling, but a sign of just how far Burton have gone, and how far they and other teams have still got to go to get to where the likes of Man City are.

As the countless vidoes of other teams getting a hammering show, football is a game of ups and downs. One match you're the fly and the next match you're the windscreen. Cest le football.

Last season most of my Man City super 6 predictions at home were 5 or 6-0 . No surprise Burton copped it could've happened to a few teams.
16:04, Thu 10 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
fradge
Rab C Nesbitt

People wetting themselves because a football team played for 90 minutes and didn’t concede. If they had have done some of the same people would have moaned they took the piss by tossing the 2nd half off.
It’s ridiculous

Think the consensus view on here is that Man City did the right thing by playing a strong team.

If that's your point of view, then I definitely agree.
17:09, Thu 10 Jan
Lets just hope Burton can get an early goal in the second leg to keep the tie interesting.